• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Seahawks draft discussion thread

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Haynes, alright. I like the PURE guard pickup... that's definitely our weakness (outside of Ifedi) on the line... and Iupati/Fluker are injury concerns. Haynes could be a starter in 1-2 years. We need to get younger at the position especially if we're going to be a run first team.

Loving both 4th round picks so far. I think both Jennings/Haynes can be starters in this league, and I think Jennings was way underrated. He hauled in a fuck ton of catches for WV in the years that matter.

Rob Rang raved about this pick on KJR. Said something along the lines of Haynes being his favorite (or maybe it was "one of his favorite") players in the draft.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not happy that AZ took Hakeem Butler; probably not a fit for us once we drafted Metcalf, but I watched a random game late in the year (I think it may have been their bowl game), and he was a fucking beast. Easily the best player on the field in that game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Rang raved about this pick on KJR. Said something along the lines of Haynes being his favorite (or maybe it was "one of his favorite") players in the draft.

I'll admit I don't know much about him or ever watched him (recognized the name), but I LOVE the position pick, the size, and he seems to have a GOOD punch. Seems like he'll be a strong rush lineman, dunno how good his pass blocking is. I get we have Fluker/Iupati, but both are major injury concerns, we had to shore up that position IMO before DL (which we already did with Collier).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not happy that AZ took Hakeem Butler; probably not a fit for us once we drafted Metcalf, but I watched a random game late in the year (I think it may have been their bowl game), and he was a fucking beast. Easily the best player on the field in that game.

That was definitely a solid pick by AZ.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit I don't know much about him or ever watched him (recognized the name), but I LOVE the position pick, the size, and he seems to have a GOOD punch. Seems like he'll be a strong rush lineman, dunno how good his pass blocking is. I get we have Fluker/Iupati, but both are major injury concerns, we had to shore up that position IMO before DL (which we already did with Collier).
Rang said he was a basketball player that they (I think Wake Forest) convinced to put on some weight and play football. Should be pretty athletic for the OL... interesting that he would be a Guard and not a Tackle.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Safety? Baffling.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh... okay? I'm not sure I get this pick and why it's now... I guess Delano Hill and Mike Tyson (no longer with team) are not what we wanted?

Amadi based on my understand is 100% a nickel type safety/CB. I guess he punt returns though? So we can get Lockett out of having to do that? I guess more competition at secondary though is good, regardless.

Dunno much about this kid. Walterfootball just gave him an A- which is the highest grade he gave us, so maybe there's something there?

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaquille Griffin and Tre Flowers are busts?

Penny had a 4.9 YPA last year. Injuries slowed him down but he started to look really promising. No idea why you think he can't fit out offense.

griffin took a big step back last year, i dont think he is a starter in the NFL personally. flowers has promise, but lets see how he does this year.

penny isnt a fit, he is NOT a power runner. he is the type of back that requires a very good OL and we still dont have that. carson is the perfect back for our offense, penny is the complete opposite

lets face it, they havent done well on day 3 since maybe 2012? 2011? which makes sense, when youre picking that low the chances of hitting are slim to none. which is why i HATE continually trading down for picks that are far less likely to pan out.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5'9" DB? Did we go back to the Tim Ruskell era?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
griffin took a big step back last year, i dont think he is a starter in the NFL personally. flowers has promise, but lets see how he does this year.

penny isnt a fit, he is NOT a power runner. he is the type of back that requires a very good OL and we still dont have that. carson is the perfect back for our offense, penny is the complete opposite

lets face it, they havent done well on day 3 since maybe 2012? 2011? which makes sense, when youre picking that low the chances of hitting are slim to none. which is why i HATE continually trading down for picks that are far less likely to pan out.

Wut? Penny had 3.32 yards per carry when contacted AT or behind the line of scrimmage in College. He played great in almost every game with exception of Denver (first game as an NFL back), Dallas (top 5 rush D), and Chicago (top 5 rush D)...

Not sure wtf you're talking about bro.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang I would've liked Greg Gaines... but that's probably homerism (UW) talking.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Rams took another Dawg :mad2:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your hot takes are duly noted.

The Seahawks clearly need to hire you since you already know the future.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why no one takes you seriously. All you are is hot takes. Nothing useful.

I mean... I do think he'll end up as slot corner from what I read and the footage I recently watched. # of analysts seem to think it was a good value pick though. I'll admit I know nothing about the guy.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... I do think he'll end up as slot corner from what I read and the footage I recently watched. # of analysts seem to think it was a good value pick though. I'll admit I know nothing about the guy.

I know nothing about the guy. Then again, Snuggles only knows what some website tells him about the guy.

But what annoys is his constant "I don't drink the koolaid" nonsense. As if only his opinions have validity and every else is just a blind homer.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your hot takes are duly noted.

The Seahawks clearly need to hire you since you already know the future.

fans get to have opinions, get over it.

Wut? Penny had 3.32 yards per carry when contacted AT or behind the line of scrimmage in College. He played great in almost every game with exception of Denver (first game as an NFL back), Dallas (top 5 rush D), and Chicago (top 5 rush D)...

Not sure wtf you're talking about bro.

in college, playing against trash competition.

in the NFL he went down way too easy, showed almost no power. he is a shaun alexander clone

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey... we just drafted Rudy.

I hope Kirven finds a role in this defense... kind of similar to the Griffin pick last year. This kid is all heart, and is an amazing tackler, but he needs space to do it. If the front 4 is not eating up beef Kirven is going to get swallowed up. If Collier is what we think he is (a Michael Bennett replacement), I think this might pan out. I could see him make some splash in a 4-3-4 package... he should be an amazing special teams add with Barton.

Russell Wilson of defense IMO. I watched a lot of this guy at UW and kept thinking, "Man if he was only 6'2"+ and 20 lbs heavier....