• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Seahawks draft discussion thread

cowboys64219

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team need O-Line you drafted 1 guy nice job your QB is going to get crushed..He sure got paid a lot though

Fog

Addmin Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks ago I would have said the Seahawks were going to have a average draft and probably a C grade overall with the lack of draft choices. With the few moves prior to the draft and during the draft, I think we had a better draft than what we could or should have, and give it a B grade.

The front office of the Seahawk's are amazing.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team need O-Line you drafted 1 guy nice job your QB is going to get crushed..He sure got paid a lot though

Oh... Son.

You ain't from around these parts. We will be fine.

You guys on the other hand. Just need to be worried about who is catching the ball and Zeke's Instagram.

Um k????

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those extra guys could get pushed onto another teams roster

:lol::dhd:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks ago I would have said the Seahawks were going to have a average draft and probably a C grade overall with the lack of draft choices. With the few moves prior to the draft and during the draft, I think we had a better draft than what we could or should have, and give it a B grade.

Welcome...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice..give up 6.then
Hummmina...Hummina....presto changeo

Turn it into a #5....:D:nod::heh:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can see how he does against better competition. He had a good game and put up yardage but he does down at first contact and doesnt break tackles.

So your entire assessment of him is based off of last season?

Talk about moving goalposts. Is he smash mouth or is he finesse? I say finesse. Getting an opinion thats your own out of you is like pulling teeth.

I think the premise is bullshit. I don't give a shit about "smashmouth" or "finesse". Shaun Alexander was an incredible RB for the Hawks and he was a glider.

You are focused on adjectives rather than production. Pete Carroll doesn't give a shit about smashmouth or finesse. He cares about whether you get the 1st down.

You have a personal preference for guys that run into defensive linemen. I don't care about that. I don't think that Penny is comparable to SA at all but if he produces like SA then I'm all in.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, the Seahawks turned 5 picks into 10 this weekend. That's smart planning.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, the Seahawks turned 5 picks into 10 this weekend. That's smart planning.

That was amazing. I think a lot of folks get frustrated that Seahawks keep trading down most of the time instead of drafting a prospect that the media has ranked highly. I find myself groaning about as it happens, but it is a strategy that has paid off. I know BB does this on a regular basis and Pats fans have come to accept that it's going to happen more likely then not.
Personally I get over the disappointment and embrace the idea of having a bunch of new prospects to look forward to developing. However next draft they trade down, I'll still be groaning as it happens.:lol:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't really know much about the Seahawks, let alone football... The Seahawks had a very solid OL last year... They will be just fine going into this season...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice to see you again... Glad to see you're still alive and kickin...

Fog

Addmin Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see you again... Glad to see you're still alive and kickin...

I haven't been to this forum for a while now. I'm still kicking..lol Good to see you too.

I need to lurk more than once in a while over several decades....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was amazing. I think a lot of folks get frustrated that Seahawks keep trading down most of the time instead of drafting a prospect that the media has ranked highly. I find myself groaning about as it happens, but it is a strategy that has paid off. I know BB does this on a regular basis and Pats fans have come to accept that it's going to happen more likely then not.
Personally I get over the disappointment and embrace the idea of having a bunch of new prospects to look forward to developing. However next draft they trade down, I'll still be groaning as it happens.:lol:

Yeah. It's one of the reasons why I don't do much draft research for the Seahawks. I've learned over the years that they have their own strategy and that it often doesn't align with what the media thinks is right.

The team's philosophy is that 2 3rds are better than 1 2nd. 2 4ths are better than 2 3rds and so on and so on. IMO, it's a far better strategy than trying to put all your eggs in one basket.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a couple years late on this. The line isn't the league's best, but recent FA moves and draft picks over the past few years plus a coaching change (Solari in, Cable out) have made it significantly better.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never would have predicted 3 WRs added in this draft class. Hard to come away with any feeling other than Baldwin is likely done or at least the team isn't confident he can overcome whatever is ailing him and play again. And I haven't looked into the Hawaii kid at all yet, but Metcalf & Jennings are also different kinds of players than what we've had here since maybe Darrell Jackson & Koren Robinson.

And what's going to happen at LB? Bobby, KJ, Mingo, Kendricks, Calitro, Griffin, and now 2 drafted guys. The FO might be getting nervous about sentencing for Kendricks. Could have also lost some confidence in Griffin's development. Or did they just like Barton & BK too much to pass them up?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never would have predicted 3 WRs added in this draft class.

Well i think we also never predicted Baldwin was going to retire right? This just speaks volumes about Baldwins chances more than anything plus they needed WR help to begin with, it's just with Baldwin most likely gone that need turned into a HUGE need.

Still I expected at least 2 WR drafted once they got all those picks stockpiled, i also expected 3+ DE/Pass rushers drafted after the Clark trade, that didn't happen. ( Pass rushers IE OLB that can rush to convert to DE and DE's not just straight up DE )

! am a Little worried about the Hawks Pass rush, we know Reed will get his ( thank god we got a 10 sack DT lol ) but outside of him it's slim and none. Lots of possible production from unknowns like Martin who actually had a pretty high pressure rate when he was on the field. I remember 2011-12 and the lack of pass rush oof and here we are possibly looking at that again.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing is if they can generate enough pressure to force QB's into throwing ( like they did in 2012 ) this can help the D out with some turn overs. Some times NOT sacking a QB but forcing him to throw when not ready turns out better, but i would take the sack every time instead of hoping for the INT. % numbers on the INT is much lower lol.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather go with Pete's eval ....than Mel kipers....justsayin...ya know