• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Seahawks draft discussion thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also..i think this is just the first round

Next year..second round

Year three...the whip cream ..and the cherry

End of rebuild

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things i think the seahawks accomplished
Revamped the wr,s
Revamped LBrs
Got a road grader of an OL== running game..you can say a carpenter type..
But ..they went to the super bowl with carpenter...so having a bit of everything is ok

Got a strong safety..for sure they needed

I'm not sure they replaced...eral the pearl
Fs

Although they drafted dl,s I'm not sure they are finnished there....yet

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Gary Jennings, heard yesterday from Brock (I believe) that he ran the fastest of any player at the Senior Bowl -- 23 mph.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your entire assessment of him is based off of last season?

College. He was the same player, but playing against weak competition masked it a bit.

I think the premise is bullshit. I don't give a shit about "smashmouth" or "finesse". Shaun Alexander was an incredible RB for the Hawks and he was a glider.

I agree he was, one of my favorite all time players. He was however dependent on his OL.

You are focused on adjectives rather than production. Pete Carroll doesn't give a shit about smashmouth or finesse. He cares about whether you get the 1st down.

Factually incorrect. Pete and john talk about toughness and grit all the time, its why carson is our starter its why they got lynch its why we had mike davis.

Penny doesnt fit that which is why our drafting him was an anomoly and made no sense.

You have a personal preference for guys that run into defensive linemen. I don't care about that. I don't think that Penny is comparable to SA at all but if he produces like SA then I'm all in.

I have a preference for backs that can break tackles and gain tough yards. Penny IS NOT that kind of back.

Who is penny comparable to? Come on, i want to hear your baseless and uninformed opinion.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Gary Jennings, heard yesterday from Brock (I believe) that he ran the fastest of any player at the Senior Bowl -- 23 mph.

That's what I like... Running from someone in a game vs running in a straight line at a combine are two entirely different speeds...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Factually incorrect. Pete and john talk about toughness and grit all the time, its why carson is our starter its why they got lynch its why we had mike davis.

Why is Prosise, McKissic still here? They don't fit that mold you speak of...

Penny doesnt fit that which is why our drafting him was an anomoly and made no sense

Obviously you're not correct with the, "Pete and John" talk for what they want in a RB, etc because they are the one's who drafted Penny... I think you are the one who is misinformed on what they want and don't want...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was, one of my favorite all time players.

I have a preference for backs that can break tackles and gain tough yards.

Heh.

Seattle fans at the time criticized Alexander CONTANTLY for not putting his head down and fighting for extra yards.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a great video from Jake Heaps explaining how each player fits into the Seahawks scheme... Interesting how he talks about how teams had a few of these players ranked higher on their boards than mock drafters did, which debunks the "reach" comments we kept on hearing...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team need O-Line you drafted 1 guy nice job your QB is going to get crushed..He sure got paid a lot though
I'm not saying we are solid at OL, but we did lead the NFL last year in rushing. We lost Sweezy and drafted his replacement in round 4 iirc.
You give all the credit for leading the NFL to our RB's?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying we are solid at OL, but we did lead the NFL last year in rushing. We lost Sweezy and drafted his replacement in round 4 iirc.

We also signed Iupati...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh.

Seattle fans at the time criticized Alexander CONTANTLY for not putting his head down and fighting for extra yards.

ya it was annoying how soft he was, but he was a great runner and happened to have one of the best all time OLs.

I think we can all probably agree, alexander on this team would not have been very productive.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're wasting your time with that DB

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone get to watch Travis Homer at any point throughout his career?

I've watched a bit of his highlights since the draft, and I don't think I've seen someone lower the boom like him since BeastMode. I'm not saying he is the second coming or anything, but that way he blows up defenders is really similar to Marshawn. I like what I see and may become my sneaky favorite pick of the draft.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone get to watch Travis Homer at any point throughout his career?

I've watched a bit of his highlights since the draft, and I don't think I've seen someone lower the boom like him since BeastMode. I'm not saying he is the second coming or anything, but that way he blows up defenders is really similar to Marshawn. I like what I see and may become my sneaky favorite pick of the draft.

This article on him calls him an undersized 3rd down back... doesn't sound similar to BeastMode.

Draft Pick Rundown: 7 points on Seahawks sixth round selection Travis Homer

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh he will run you over if you are 180 pound College DB ( Westbrook is 6 foot 178 pounds ), you wont find many of those in the NFL. He is a nice 3rd down back and lets hope unlike Prosise and McKissic he has no issues staying healthy.

Highlight reels are "Highlight" reels so you are seeing the best they have to offer. Wish Prosise could stay healthy, If he could he would be a stud 3rd down back if you ask me.