• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: Denver Broncos vs Seattle Seahawks

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With RW it's like his pro bowl caliber play stopped while he was still in Seattle. His career started out great. And it seems the end will be a dud.
I am sure you'll find some Seattle fans (multiple in here even) who agree with that, but the numbers don't really support it. He did fight through a hand injury the final season here, so there were some games in there that reflected that, but he came back and played just like Russell Wilson when he got over the injury. The numbers were there -- at or better than his career averages in many important categories. The talent around him had fallen off. I am not saying he was as his best in 2021, but his play didn't fall off a cliff. Of course he couldn't scramble as well, not quite as fast, etc., but he was still playing at a very high level of efficiency. The team just wasn't as good.

At the same time, it's awfully hard right now to say the team didn't make the right choice in trading him. They got a lot back in return, and it's helping them reload the roster. They'll be cooking with gas here if a good lot of these recent draft picks hit (some of them have already made good impacts), they get quality QB play for a low cap cost, and Macdonald ends up being the real deal. The FO has a big decision to make on Geno after this season. Sam Howell would be a much cheaper option that would open up a lane to improve other parts of the roster (O line), but there's also clear risk in going with an unproven QB.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure you'll find some Seattle fans (multiple in here even) who agree with that, but the numbers don't really support it. He did fight through a hand injury the final season here, so there were some games in there that reflected that, but he came back and played just like Russell Wilson when he got over the injury. The numbers were there -- at or better than his career averages in many important categories. The talent around him had fallen off. I am not saying he was as his best in 2021, but his play didn't fall off a cliff. Of course he couldn't scramble as well, not quite as fast, etc., but he was still playing at a very high level of efficiency. The team just wasn't as good.

At the same time, it's awfully hard right now to say the team didn't make the right choice in trading him. They got a lot back in return, and it's helping them reload the roster. They'll be cooking with gas here if a good lot of these recent draft picks hit (some of them have already made good impacts), they get quality QB play for a low cap cost, and Macdonald ends up being the real deal. The FO has a big decision to make on Geno after this season. Sam Howell would be a much cheaper option that would open up a lane to improve other parts of the roster (O line), but there's also clear risk in going with an unproven QB.

Thanks for the breakdown and I agree with you.

Although I forgot about RW's injury.

I'd like to see your Seahawks wear their old school 80's uni's again. Always liked them. The Oilers too.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the breakdown and I agree with you.

Although I forgot about RW's injury.

I'd like to see your Seahawks wear their old school 80's uni's again. Always liked them. The Oilers too.

Honestly, as far as the uni's go - I'd love to see them make them their default and wear them every week. Get rid of the God awful color rush neon green.

A coworker told me a story this week where they were at a Seahawks game, not a fan just there with friends who took them, and she was complaining to this random guy who they ran into. They were wearing their color rush that game and she was mocking them - calling them Teletubbies. After the guy left one of her guy friends who is a fan told her he couldn't believe she told John Schneider the Seahawks looked like Teletubbies.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,354.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL implemented the color rush jerseys. Every team got one and some chose white. Until their "Color rush" Games go away they wont be getting rid of them any time soon.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL implemented the color rush jerseys. Every team got one and some chose white. Until their "Color rush" Games go away they wont be getting rid of them any time soon.

I know, I just think they're stupid.