• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1 - Denver Broncos at Seattle Seahawks

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was a reality check, and a swift kick to this homer’s nuts

I would wait for a trend before you get to upset .. Seattle at home ... The game went as expected ....think on it .. as the betting said it would . I get is is sucks ..

Our Coach laid an Egg . He needs to throw Bo in the deep end and take off the Gloves .. When you call a pass to the RB with -2 yard with 9 Defenders in a box and the 12th man roaring like a lion .. it is not going to turn out well . Thank our luck because that could have been a blow out. Our Coach has kid gloves ..Sink or swim time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time Skinner is on the field he is impact !! this setting on the bench needs to stop !

And DC is right time to air it out Moss time !! or Franklin time !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinner is not lucky he has a second sense .. He has always sniffed out the ball .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time Skinner is on the field he is impact !! this setting on the bench needs to stop !

And DC is right time to air it out Moss time !! or Franklin time !

Awesome to see Skinner make an impact on special teams. Last year Tremon Smith and Delarrin Turner-Yell were our best special teams players. With Turner-Yell out half the season someone needed to step up. Last year Skinner couldn't get on the field because he wasn't hacking it as a special teams guy... This year he really has stepped up on PS and in week 1 to show he deserved to be active on game day! Happy for him and his improvement.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It great to call for Mims and Franklin, but they may just not be ready, especially Franklin as I think this is a redshirt year and he may as well not ever be active this year absent significant growth. The other factor with Mims is that there wasn't a lot of time before the pocket collapsed on most drop backs and when there was I didn't see anyone running open. I really don't think our OL is built for deep drops and airing it out unless we can run the ball which opens up play action and that certainly didn't happen.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Nik Bonitto active and on the field yesterday? He's shown flashes but has largely been a disappointment. Agree that we need to get Ellis more reps on D.

Seems like the entire game was based on a successful running attack without a good adjustment at halftime. Definitely out coached yesterday. Pittsburgh is going to be much more challenging than originally thought.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It great to call for Mims and Franklin, but they may just not be ready, especially Franklin as I think this is a redshirt year and he may as well not ever be active this year absent significant growth. The other factor with Mims is that there wasn't a lot of time before the pocket collapsed on most drop backs and when there was I didn't see anyone running open. I really don't think our OL is built for deep drops and airing it out unless we can run the ball which opens up play action and that certainly didn't happen.
Let’s see, OL, where we have spent a ton of money according to the graphic yesterday, can’t protect for the deep drops AND can’t open holes for the running game?

Sounds like a problem.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Nik Bonitto active and on the field yesterday? He's shown flashes but has largely been a disappointment. Agree that we need to get Ellis more reps on D.

Seems like the entire game was based on a successful running attack without a good adjustment at halftime. Definitely out coached yesterday. Pittsburgh is going to be much more challenging than originally thought.

Yes and Yes.

He even had two QB pressures.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 is always hard to predict, and week 1 with a rookie starting is even harder. Nix looked to have transitioned from college to NFL pre-season well enough, but regular season is a whole new thing so I am not going to panic if the offense doesn't light up the scoreboard right away. Also, I am very curious to see how our defense looks. I'm on record as being a skeptic but I've also seen some analysis that gives me a little hope.

Seattle is a hard place to play, but maybe our defense is better than I expect and can keep it close?

It's early in the season and I prefer optimism, so I am going to say Broncos 20, Seahawks 17.

Mike McDonald ran some very complex defenses in Baltimore last year. How is he going to implement that defense with the Seahawks. The Broncos have zero game film on this. They are going into this game completely blind. An extremely tough circumstance for a rookie quarterback playing his first ever game.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After watching this I seen a little more what Coach was trying to do .. Timing

I also Seen someone state Bo was doing 3 step drops on 5step drops on some plays I believe it was .

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will get fixed I am positive of .. This will get way better IMO buy week 4 or 5 .
This Seahawk fan watching the game live thinks so too. I saw some things to like about the kid

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can stay reasonably healthy then this team should improve all year. Talk to me in week 5. These first games will be Nix’ crash course in NFL defensive scheming.

Reactions: LGM

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can stay reasonably healthy then this team should improve all year. Talk to me in week 5. These first games will be Nix’ crash course in NFL defensive scheming.
I know it was a rough start. But to his credit, how many false starts were there? (The answer is one when the center apparently forgot the snap count) How many timeouts had to be called because he didn’t get the play off on time? I don’t remember any, but could be wrong. My point is that he did some difficult things well.