• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1 - Denver Broncos at Seattle Seahawks

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix looked bad. He could’ve easily had 4 interceptions

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Game Gents.

Do be hard on the Rookie. He played alright but a work in progress.

Good luck the rest of the way :suds:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game plan was stupid . 8 and 9 Defenders in the box and all the DBs stacking the line of Scrimage and What we do? throw pass fo minuses yardage .

Over the top a few time life would have changed. 0 respect for our WRs . and I said keep Timmy for a reason . all the same if they are going to crowd the line make them pay .

This game plan was a loss . I hope the learn from it

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird stat for you all. Broncos have had 2 safeties in a game twice. both were against the Seahawks. In both, the second safety gave them the lead. In both, the Broncos lost.

1/2/1983 - Broncos 11 Seahawks 13
9/8/2024 - Broncos 20, Seahawks 26

Just thought this was interesting. Good luck the rest of the season.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Decent news regarding Bolles.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1 over next Pittsburgh

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wouldn't call Nix's play horrible. This is going to take time

Not sure what game you were watching but he was horrible today.

However, like I said. No need to push the panic button. He needs help. No rookie is going to come in and light it up right away if they have to do it all themselves. We need to be able to run the ball and move the ball down the field for him to succeed. It wasn't just him. He was set up to fail today. As bad as he looked today it was A. Fairly expected in his first game (although wish he would have looked a little better even for his first game) B. You can't win with a rookie QB if the guys around him aren't going to do their job.

Don't push the panic button. Like most rookie QB's we are going to have to go through the struggles early on.

If you look at our WR stats we got zero YAC yards for the most part. Reynolds 5-45 Vele 8-39, Sutton 4-38. Dulcich 2-12, MCLaughlin 5-1, Burton n1-3, Williams 1-0, Mims 0-0, Humphrey 0-0 (1 big drop) I don't get the love for Humphrey. We cut better WR's then him who we lose, IMO.

This needs to change.

0 targets for Mims. Maybe we open up the playbook a bit more in time but Mims and Franklin are our only explosive WR's on the roster and Franklin was inactive (like expected) and Mims had 0 targets. We need to get speed more involved.

I think Payton really went in expecting to run the ball much better and relying on the short crossing routes to move the chains.

It didn't work.

Credit to Seattle's D too. They tackled as well as I have see a team tackle in a very long time.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix looked bad. He could’ve easily had 4 interceptions
Both teams and QBs looked bad. I'm not sure there are 10 wins between the two of them. Walker and Lockett won't last long this season if they are going to have to bail out the Seahawks every game. Hard to get a guage on the defense of either team because the two offenses were so bad.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think either team looked good either but I did think Seattle tackled exceptional. Denver's D took a lot from the game too.

At the end of the day, it is tough for any team to win with a rookie QB in week 1 in one of the toughest places to play.

I just really want to see progress as time goes on.

I think the frustrating thing for Denver fans is that out of the gate after a good PS by Bo and Seattle being a very beatable team we wanted to see that success quickly and it didn't happen. A reminder that you have to be patient with a rookie QB.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what game you were watching but he was horrible today.
You’re right, not a good game from Nix. I agree with everything you wrote in your post and in my head I meant, as bad as our QB play was, the rest of the Offense was just as bad. The play calling sucked and execution was garbage. Nix being the leading rusher yesterday with 35 yds is crazy.

I think it’s gonna be a long season, but hopefully we see improvement by the end.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was a reality check, and a swift kick to this homer’s nuts

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
season 3 kick GIF

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right, not a good game from Nix. I agree with everything you wrote in your post and in my head I meant, as bad as our QB play was, the rest of the Offense was just as bad. The play calling sucked and execution was garbage. Nix being the leading rusher yesterday with 35 yds is crazy.

I think it’s gonna be a long season, but hopefully we see improvement by the end.

Yeah- I think we are basically on the same page here. It wasn't a good game for him but it wasn't just him. It was overall bad. Team looked very rusty and well... It looked like a rookie QB's first game... Things will get better. Like I have said all offseason we are going to have to take the bumps and humps along the way but we just need progress and to get through the learning phase with Nix.

Everyone wants a CJ Stroud like rookie sequence for us in Denver... I think that makes it harder for a rookie QB like Bo Nix, that we just experienced a rare instance of that happening.. However, people need to keep in mind that Houston also had a lot better setup for Stroud.. Elite LT and solid weapons around him... Not to knock Bolles he is good, not like we have a trash LT blocking Nix's blindside but I am just saying in general it was able to click a little faster there.

I'm not worried about one game although I would have liked to see a lot better it really shouldn't be shocking. Even Caleb Williams and Jayden Daniels didn't have great games.

I think Sam Darnold has been the only starting rookie QB to win and look good in a very long time and that has been a few years back... Caleb Williams was the first rookie QB to win his debut since Darnold and before that it goes back a ways.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, this is the 3rd time in recent years I can remember playing Seattle in week 1.

2 of last 3

The one year we beat them barely. I think it was Case Keenum's first game as a Bronco. Earl Thomas' hold out year. He played in the game after just joining the team a few days before the game.

Seems like we have played Seattle and the Raiders a lot in Week 1 the last 10 years.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected to lose but not in this fashion. This game was handed to the Broncos on a silver platter. If we can't win with two turnovers that guaranteed points plus two safeties I am not sure when we will get a W.

Quick thoughts.
1. I really liked the way Riley Moss competed today plus Allen and Cooper were very good especially early. That is about the only positive I can take from this game.
2. Bo Nix did the opposite of what made him successful at Oregon. He was inaccurate and took to many chances with the ball. I am sure everyone will blame this and that, but I was sold on ball security and accuracy which I didn't see today. It was more of the Auburn Bo Nix I watched for a couple years with delight as an LSU fan. He is a rookie in his first game on the road so it isn't a final judgment, but not what I was expecting.
3. Second half run defense and lack of adjustments by VJ are concerning that we really haven't corrected anything on what was a very bad defense last year.
4. We don't have difference makers.................................. We have a collection of decent 2nd level players, but no difference makers. Even PS2 wasn't great today with the penalties and a number of completions.

On to the stealers, which is going to pose a bigger challenge as their D is far superior to the Hawks. The OL may not get a lot of sleep this week.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took thought Moss played well.

Remember when you play across a top 3 CB in the NFL you are constantly going to get tested. Even the passes Moss did give up he has very good coverage. His tackling was really good too minus the Kenneth Walker run.

The pass rush tired down late in the game and playing opposite Surtain if you don't have a pass rush it could get ugly real fast. He did well. Not perfect but for his first start I was happy. He will get tested a lot and we should see him get a fair amount of INT's given his playmaking ability.

agree, we don't have difference makers and again the one we do (Mims) we don't seem to use)

I don't have much bad to say about our defense other then we can't leave them on the field as much as we did and expect them to be great.

They played well with a lot of energy and then died at the end but still fought.. Stopped them and gave our offense a chance but the offense couldn't give our D any margain for error yesterday.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Cooper played well. But I was disappointed to not see Elliss get much of a chance on D. I saw him on STs, but maybe I missed him playing with the D.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Cooper played well. But I was disappointed to not see Elliss get much of a chance on D. I saw him on STs, but maybe I missed him playing with the D.

Good point George. I didn't even think of that. Ugh! Unleash him!!

I feel like Browning hasn't been the same since returning from his injury last year. Before that he looked great. Hopefully he picks it up. Bonitto had a few pressures... Cooper was a man on a mission though.

I thought it was interesting that Kristian Welch got a lot of time at ILB late in the game over Barton who wasn't hurt. Let's hope Welch can step up because it is clear that Barton is not impressing the coaching staff. ILB might be a problem this year like it was 3 years ago.