• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: Denver Broncos vs Seattle Seahawks

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,354.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game or catch the highlights but how did Byron Murphy do?

He did his job. The front was STOUT and he was part of that front. He did well and will only improve. He will have his spotlight games im sure. He had to deal with a lot of doubles.

The Dline play from the Hawks was some of the best i have seen in YEARS in this game. Gave me a lot of hope. The Dline let the Linebacks and DE's play pretty clean. This is what you really want from those big guys up front.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So PFF gave Charles Cross a 94 rating for his performance on Sunday. That's something to be encouraged by. Conor Williams had a solid grade as well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,354.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So PFF gave Charles Cross a 94 rating for his performance on Sunday. That's something to be encouraged by. Conor Williams had a solid grade as well.

Yeah Cross looked like a different player out there. He was quick and strong. I was encouraged with what I saw now we just need Lucas back like 10 days ago.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His run blocking grade was a whopping 96. We had 3 guys grade at 90 or better and the top 6 all over 80.
The top 6 were
Cross- 94.8
Love-93.4
Tyler-90.3
Spoon-85.3
Riq-83.8
Baker-80.0
I think Baker's grade got bumped because of the fumble recovery. His coverage grade was 85.3 though.
Dodson only graded at a 75.1 which surprised me a little. I thought he was one of our best players out there Sunday.

At any rate, it was refreshing to see a dynamic defense put on a clinic in form tackling. A few of the players saying MacDonald had them working on angles and technique a lot during camp . Coaching is teaching and it shows. And Spoon said the scheme was vanilla on Sunday and that they have barely scratched the surface. Pretty much all zone because they knew they had a raw rookie with no real threat at WR so they didn't need to get fancy or play man. That has me really hopeful for late in the season when it really matters the most and Mac's system is fully in place.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle's D looks so much faster than last year. And the tackling was 100% on point. Nix should've had 4 INTs... if our offense and special teams hadn't been gifting turnovers this could've been a 30-6 type of game lol. I'm surprised the sharps only opened with -3 in the Pats matchup, but I'm assuming they're not sold on our offense.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's D looks so much faster than last year. And the tackling was 100% on point. Nix should've had 4 INTs... if our offense and special teams hadn't been gifting turnovers this could've been a 30-6 type of game lol. I'm surprised the sharps only opened with -3 in the Pats matchup, but I'm assuming they're not sold on our offense.
I think the line is probably about right considering we are going cross country and the Pats D is actually pretty decent. They are also likely looking at the Pats win in Cinci as part of that. The Pats did play a really solid game from start to finish Sunday without a lot of talent on offense. Gotta give em some props, even though the Bengals and Burrow start every year like crap.
Back to our guys though, there were a handful of missed tackles so it wasn't perfect but even when there were, there was a second and third guy right there to clean it up and little to no yac. As Sherman said in his podcast, there will always be some missed tackles, no matter what but how guys back up their teammates and make sure they rally to the ball will tell you a lot about a defense. Not for nothing and fwiw, Wyman and Bob had Schlereth on and he was raving about us. He said he had never seen a game where the tackling was that good. Probably a slight overreaction but definitely encouraging. Also, one of the Broncos podcasters said it reminded him of what we did to Denver in SB48.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna go out on a limb and say both the Seahawks & Broncos fan bases don't miss RW. :heh:

View attachment 373734
The Steelers fans will likely be added to that list fairly soon. Not that Fields is anything but Russ gets weirder by the day. What player ever that's on the inactive list shows up on the sideline, not only with his uniform and shoulder pads on but with the eye black as well and stands there by himself? He has already become a meme in Pittsburgh.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers fans will likely be added to that list fairly soon. Not that Fields is anything but Russ gets weirder by the day. What player ever that's on the inactive list shows up on the sideline, not only with his uniform and shoulder pads on but with the eye black as well and stands there by himself? He has already become a meme in Pittsburgh.

I knew there was something wrong with him his first year in Denver when he wanted his own office away from the team. What da hell was that?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew there was something wrong with him his first year in Denver when he wanted his own office away from the team. What da hell was that?
I don't know man. The dude's head is way up in the clouds, I think. Not sure if it's ego or just a lack of awareness. Maybe a bit of both.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did his job. The front was STOUT and he was part of that front. He did well and will only improve. He will have his spotlight games im sure. He had to deal with a lot of doubles.

The Dline play from the Hawks was some of the best i have seen in YEARS in this game. Gave me a lot of hope. The Dline let the Linebacks and DE's play pretty clean. This is what you really want from those big guys up front.
That's excellent! This is why I loved the Mac hire to get this defense back on track. We have a long ways to go but good start for the line.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna go out on a limb and say both the Seahawks & Broncos fan bases don't miss RW. :heh:

View attachment 373734
Chevy Chase Reaction GIF

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 373734
At this point in his career, probably not for the price that would have been required to still have him here, but I think Pittsburgh is getting a pretty good deal this season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,354.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was listed as the emergency QB for that game but still when i saw him i was like " Why is he in pads? ". Makes a little sense now that i found out he was the emergency QB but still.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in his career, probably not for the price that would have been required to still have him here, but I think Pittsburgh is getting a pretty good deal this season.

Didn't the Steelers get Wilson & Fields for something like a combined 5 million?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Steelers get Wilson & Fields for something like a combined 5 million?
Sounds about right. I know RW is on the vet min because he's getting like $35M this year from Denver.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right. I know RW is on the vet min because he's getting like $35M this year from Denver.

With RW it's like his pro bowl caliber play stopped while he was still in Seattle. His career started out great. And it seems the end will be a dud.