• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1 - Denver Broncos at Seattle Seahawks

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good start for the Offense to begin the half. Hopefully Denver shows up this 2nd half.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense still anemic. Defense gives up a big running TD. Bad start to the 2nd half. Gotta get our running game going to control the clock and open up the offense.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike the take of all the local media, Bo Nix is definitely a rookie QB. I still think he can be a very good QB but it's going to take some time.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike the take of all the local media, Bo Nix is definitely a rookie QB. I still think he can be a very good QB but it's going to take some time.
Exactly. It's tough enough to simply bring in a rookie QB- add in the roster cuts needed to offset the ridiculous money you paid and continue to pay him, the Russ effect is going to take time to exercise.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a disappointing first half.

A disappointing second half.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Jaleel play so much? He’s not a primary RB,

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things.

1. Bo Nix looked HORRIBLE today but you can't press the panic button. First game. He is going to learn more about this game then if he had played "ok" anyway. I haven't lose any love for him but it is going to take awhile. I expected better today but didn't expect great.

2. I AM SUPER LIVID with how we can't get Marvin Mims involved. Like I want to throw the TV on the floor and drive over it pissed. I don't get it. We compiled a bunch of WR's who are big bodies but can't get separation and let go of WRs or can't get the ball to the guys who can. It's weird to me. I like our WR's fine but I think we did a bad job of mixing and matching our WR's

3. Jaleel McGlaughlin is weird to me... We keep going to him in odd situations for 1 yard gains. Lots of negative catches too.

4. Defense was on the field the entire game. Kudos to them for a great half but you can't leave them on the field the entire game and expect them to be great for the entire game.

Cooper and Zach Allen MVP's of this week.

It sucks to suck but here we go again. Stay patient they say!

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Nix looked HORRIBLE today but you can't press the panic button. First game. He is going to learn more about this game then if he had played "ok" anyway. I haven't lose any love for him but it is going to take awhile. I expected better today but didn't expect great.

Thrown 42 passes and is our leading rusher.

Have to get the run game going, especially with a rookie QB. Have to imagine this was not the gameplan Payton had in mind coming into the game…

Can’t expect a rookie making their first start to carry the whole offense…

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wouldn't call Nix's play horrible. This is going to take time

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess oddsmakers knew what they were doing in this one.. 6 point favorite won by…6.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of expected a loss in this game, so I'm certainly not devastated. However, I thought our offense would show much more promise. Clearly, it's going to take some time. This is a very young team with tremendous upside but they have too many 2nd year players and rookies to not expect early struggles. I have confidence that this coaching staff has the chops to get them moving in the right direction.

After watching the Steelers defense this morning, I'm certain that the Broncos will have their work cut out for them next week.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least the score wasn’t 16-17.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's game one with a rookie QB. I still have more faith that the Broncos will start to turn the corner into something better.
The problem is instead of playing Nix in a 3rd preseason game to get more experience everyone said “naw he’s good he’s already locked everything up no need to play him”. After his play today he showed us he could have used all the reps he could get in preseason because he looked awful.

It’s game 1 and hell even Caleb Williams didn’t look good so it’s not exclusive to Nix but everyone was already crowning him because he looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers in games that didn’t matter. Why was our red zone Offense still atrocious? Why did this team basically go MIA in the second half? Why can we still not find RB’s who know how to hold onto the football?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is instead of playing Nix in a 3rd preseason game to get more experience everyone said “naw he’s good he’s already locked everything up no need to play him”. After his play today he showed us he could have used all the reps he could get in preseason because he looked awful.

It’s game 1 and hell even Caleb Williams didn’t look good so it’s not exclusive to Nix but everyone was already crowning him because he looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers in games that didn’t matter. Why was our red zone Offense still atrocious? Why did this team basically go MIA in the second half? Why can we still not find RB’s who know how to hold onto the football?

I was having those same thoughts this preseason. Reminds me of what Tom Brady said last year, there’s so much bad football being played and I think a lot of it boils down to players getting considerably less reps than they used to.

I’m in Arizona and was shocked when I heard the the Cardinals weren’t gonna play Kyler Murray at all in preseason. A) he’s still a young QB. B) he missed half of last season already.

It’s no wonder football looks as sloppy as it does early every season with so few reps given to starters…