• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5: Las Vegas Raiders @ Denver Broncos

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Bo played pretty well so not gonna knock him but one thing that irritated me with this game (and this happens no matter how much experience you have) and hopefully with more experience it will happen less but he missed on many opportunities of wide open receivers.

Troy Franklin was WIDE open once in the middle of the field and would have been a huge gain for us on a 3rd down. Also missed opportunities with Mims, Krull and Sutton wide open. It is going to happen but hoping he can close the amount of times we see what as he gets more adjusted to the NFL.
Nix needs to start hitting these. He is young and he should get better but this isn't the only game where a number of opportunities were not capitalized on. You have to hit those to be a high producing offense as there are only so many in a game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix needs to start hitting these. He is young and he should get better but this isn't the only game where a number of opportunities were not capitalized on. You have to hit those to be a high producing offense as there are only so many in a game.

This last game was much more of a results say one thing but the process says another. Kind of like the trade up to get Riley Moss. The trade up process was not good, but the results in him being a great player are.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. If he wants to be elite he won’t miss those opportunities over time.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Estime activated
McCalister to the 53
Fleming and Throckmorton eleveated for this week.

Reynolds and Wattenburg to IR

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forsyth time! Hoping the guy has grown since training camp.

My bold prediction for this week is the Broncos finally have a TE go for over 50 yards in Krull having a decent game. I think his confidence got shook in the preseason with that bad fumble, but sounds like he has done a good job of rebuilding that trust with some hard work on the scout team.

Big week for those young receiving options now that Reynolds is down. Someone needs to step up. I'm hoping for Mims, but we shall see.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forsyth time! Hoping the guy has grown since training camp.

My bold prediction for this week is the Broncos finally have a TE go for over 50 yards in Krull having a decent game. I think his confidence got shook in the preseason with that bad fumble, but sounds like he has done a good job of rebuilding that trust with some hard work on the scout team.

Big week for those young receiving options now that Reynolds is down. Someone needs to step up. I'm hoping for Mims, but we shall see.
You know - I wouldn't be surprised if Mims shows up a large part of the game plan - that fits Sean Payton's idea of testing a player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know - I wouldn't be surprised if Mims shows up a large part of the game plan - that fits Sean Payton's idea of testing a player.

I'm hoping Payton uses some misdirection in this one. Slow down that front-7 that has been dominant for the Chargers. Use Mims on some jet sweeps, then use him as a fake jet sweep with Williams running power up the middle. Heck a play I would love to see would be have Mims start in motion, snap it when he starts moving, fake handoff to Williams then run option around the edge giving Nix ability to use his athleticism while also having the option to put the ball into the hands of maybe the most athletic guy on the team.