• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Seahawks draft discussion thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fans get to have opinions, get over it

They have assholes too. And they both stink.

in college, playing against trash competition.

in the NFL he went down way too easy, showed almost no power. he is a shaun alexander clone

So basically you are rationalizing why your dislike of the player is valid. Gotcha.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fans get to have opinions, get over it.

in college, playing against trash competition.

in the NFL he went down way too easy, showed almost no power. he is a shaun alexander clone

Okay, guy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm personally fuckin' stoked with our day 3 early picks. The only one I had questions on was the name I'll need to study for a few weeks to pronounce our safety selection, but I love Jennings Jr, Haynes, and Ben Hur.. ERMM, Burr.. If Burr was 6'2" and 250 lbs, he would've been a 2nd day selection easily. He was amazing for UW... ALWAYS around the ball.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have assholes too. And they both stink.

So basically you are rationalizing why your dislike of the player is valid. Gotcha.

some of us arent capable of thinking for themselves i guess.

im not rationalizing, im stating facts. he played at san diego st against weak competition. do you dispute this?

im not criticizing him as a player, i loved alexander. i just dont think he fits our smash mouth, be your own blocker offense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of us arent capable of thinking for themselves i guess.

Some of us suffer from Dunning-Kruger syndrome and think that reading a website makes you an NFL scout.

im not rationalizing, im stating facts. he played at san diego st against weak competition. do you dispute this?

Which has what to do with your original comment about his running style? Oh right. Nothing. You moved the goal posts because the numbers didn't support your original claim.

im not criticizing him as a player, i loved alexander. i just dont think he fits our smash mouth, be your own blocker offense.

I think modern running games demand multiple styles.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us suffer from Dunning-Kruger syndrome and think that reading a website makes you an NFL scout.

or, i dont know, actually watching the game.

Which has what to do with your original comment about his running style? Oh right. Nothing. You moved the goal posts because the numbers didn't support your original claim.

his running style has ALWAYS been shaun alexander. breaking tackles against weak competition does not make you a power runner.

I think modern running games demand multiple styles.

so you admit his running style doesnt fit what they like to do. thanks.

i dont disagree with you, however without a dominant OL i dont think penny will succeed.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a strong feeling another WR was coming and this means bad things. The pick of Jennings means Dougy is gone guys
:(

Lockett is the Vet out there now. How weird is that? lol

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a strong feeling another WR was coming and this means bad things. The pick of Jennings means Dougy is gone guys
:(

Yep.

We need to retire his number and/or Ring of honor.

I think HOF but 15-20 years down the line

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stuck in the mainland tonight because the only ferry I could get home, because of a windstorm, are the 5, 7,9 but 3 sailing wait at the ferry

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or, i dont know, actually watching the game.

Oh you watch all 1000+ college games so you can assess the talent of these guys? Impressive.

his running style has ALWAYS been shaun alexander. breaking tackles against weak competition does not make you a power runner.

How many San Diego State games did you watch 2 years ago?

so you admit his running style doesnt fit what they like to do. thanks.

I made no such claim.

i dont disagree with you, however without a dominant OL i dont think penny will succeed.

Again. Dominated in college without a dominant OL. Had a 4.9 YPC last year despite some limiting injuries. But why let facts get in the way of your beliefs?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far i am OK with the Hawks draft. I am a little shocked not more "Pass rushers" were taken though. Just sucks that when you lose so many pieces you can only really fill one maybe two up. Going to take next years draft also boys to fill out this roster. Feels like 2011 Draft to me, what i mean is after the 2011 draft i felt about the same as i do right now about the selections.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm personally fuckin' stoked with our day 3 early picks. The only one I had questions on was the name I'll need to study for a few weeks to pronounce our safety selection, but I love Jennings Jr, Haynes, and Ben Hur.. ERMM, Burr.. If Burr was 6'2" and 250 lbs, he would've been a 2nd day selection easily. He was amazing for UW... ALWAYS around the ball.

If BBK was 6'2 250lbs he'd be a first round pick easily. The biggest thing going against him is his size. Considering how big of a fan I am of UW I'm biased, but I do feel that BBK's film, on-field performance and instincts are just as good as any off the ball linebacker in the draft.

At worst BBK will be a great substitution player and special teams contributor who can't really hold up down-to-down on inside run plays against NFL offensive linemen. I see him as an undersized sideline to sideline linebacker who has plus ability playing in the flats in a zone defensive scheme.

I hate to say it but I think he's a better prospect than Cody Barton. I think highly of him and thought of him as a 3rd to 4th round talent who would - and inevitably did - fall to the 5th round due to his size.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you watch all 1000+ college games so you can assess the talent of these guys? Impressive.

How many San Diego State games did you watch 2 years ago?

I made no such claim.

Again. Dominated in college without a dominant OL. Had a 4.9 YPC last year despite some limiting injuries. But why let facts get in the way of your beliefs?

Is it too late to jump in on whatever you guys are arguing about?

If it's about Rashaad Penny, the pick was a bit of a reach (I think he was projected to go in the second round) but I was a big fan of the pick.

He has his limitations as a pass blocker and wasn't asked to do much as a receiver at San Diego State, but I felt he was by far the second best running back in the 2018 draft and I've been the first to get annoyed with the Seahawks draft selections.

I am very happy about the HB situation going into 2019.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the Hawks will take a QB... Develop as a backup...