• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Seahawks draft discussion thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes cable was horrible, but our OL is not set by any means. ifedi is gone after this year, that seems to be clear. iupati is a one year rental.

the way they draft is a serious head scratcher for any non-koolaid drinking person.

david moore broke mentally when he dropped that TD against the chargers. he was not the same after that.

Man, I hope Moore rebounds... he was really doing well.

Yah I don't even try anymore with Seattle's draft. The only ACTUAL PERSON I've picked correctly was Okung (and maybe Reed, I can't recall but I know I wanted Reed) which was kind of a no brainer. I did call out Seattle taking a RB last year but I was sure it'd be Michel or Guice, so whatever.

Basically every single draft Seattle had since 2010 (where everyone basically got an A grade) has been in the D+ to C+ range with 'reach' plastered all over the article. This year is no different. I think the only pick I'm PISSED at was Blair. I REALLY wanted Rapp (hometown) or Adderley... and Rapp goes to the RAMS (UGHHHHHHH!!!!!) and if he turns out to be a monster we have to get egg thrown in our face twice a year. I get it though... Blair just brings an intensity and aggression factor that Kam had. He's also 3" shorter and 30-35 lbs lighter...

Other than that I'm fine with the draft. Barton was another reach, but he's a good tackler and has good instincts. I think the goal is to groom him over the next couple years and be a replacement for Wright and maybe come in on some situations. He'll be 100% value add on special teams since our kick return coverage was abysmal last year and our punt return coverage was shit as well considering we had an all pro punter.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont have a problem with WHO they pick usually, its WHEN they pick them.

barton was rated a 7th rounder, so unless they had some inside info that the colts really really wanted him they panicked.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if they don't draft a slot WR do they put Lockett in the slot? Metcalf and Lockett seem locked in to the outside if you ask me. Still i wont at all be shocked if they snag WR Darius Slayton in the 4th with one of their picks or the 5th.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think lockett is in the slot, moore and metcalf outside.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way they draft is a serious head scratcher for any non-koolaid drinking person.

And yet this team is a perennial playoff team.. But maybe they should focus more on what players the fans want them to draft rather than who fits their team best.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet this team is a perennial playoff team.. But maybe they should focus more on what players the fans want them to draft rather than who fits their team best.

I think Snuggles is just saying it's a very unorthodox draft methodology. Seattle routinely takes players much earlier than most have on their board or leaves prospects many to consider better, on the board. Blair over Rapp/Adderley would be one for example.

That said, it seems to work. I remember Clark was a reach, Wagner was a reach (Kiper blasted the pick, I think he gave the Eagles an A+ for Kendricks and a D for Wagner), etc. I take it all with a grain of salt, but I REALLY wanted Rapp because of the hometown (prob. grew up rooting for Thomas/Chancellor and the Seahawks). I think he would've really worked hard. It's another knife in the gut that he went to the Rams... so we have to get egg on our face twice a year if he pans out for them and Blair busts. I like Blair's aggression and lack of fear on tackling.. anything. I swear he'd charge at a Grizzly Bear, so that certainly fits the Kam Chancellor mentality. Kam was also 3" taller and 30-35 lbs heavier..

That said, have I ever met Rapp? Nope. Have I interviewed him? Nope. Have I ever coached in any football setting? Nope. Is Carroll generally spot on with secondary signings/drafts? Yep. There's a reason Blair was chosen that early, and I'm willing to trust Carroll with it. But I get how it's "WTF?" from FANS and a lot of analysts.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF was that pick? Mitch Wishnowsky? Look I loved Michael Dickson.. but it was a round later and Mitch is NOWHERE near the prospect Dickson was, who was one of the best punters to enter the draft in recent memory, and immediately proved that with an All Pro selection. How drunk did John Lynch get last night?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we are a perennial playoff team because of wilson.

they have failed to reload the defense, especially the secondary.

i think we will soon see the same problem with our LBs too. we could have had the perfect KJ replacement in vander esch, but we traded down and took a RB that doesnt fit our offense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Snuggles is just saying it's a very unorthodox draft methodology. Seattle routinely takes players much earlier than most have on their board or leaves prospects many to consider better, on the board. Blair over Rapp/Adderley would be one for example.

That said, it seems to work. I remember Clark was a reach, Wagner was a reach (Kiper blasted the pick, I think he gave the Eagles an A+ for Kendricks and a D for Wagner), etc. I take it all with a grain of salt, but I REALLY wanted Rapp because of the hometown (prob. grew up rooting for Thomas/Chancellor and the Seahawks). I think he would've really worked hard. It's another knife in the gut that he went to the Rams... so we have to get egg on our face twice a year if he pans out for them and Blair busts. I like Blair's aggression and lack of fear on tackling.. anything. I swear he'd charge at a Grizzly Bear, so that certainly fits the Kam Chancellor mentality. Kam was also 3" taller and 30-35 lbs heavier..

That said, have I ever met Rapp? Nope. Have I interviewed him? Nope. Have I ever coached in any football setting? Nope. Is Carroll generally spot on with secondary signings/drafts? Yep. There's a reason Blair was chosen that early, and I'm willing to trust Carroll with it. But I get how it's "WTF?" from FANS and a lot of analysts.

IMO, the Seahawks are one of the few teams that create their own draft board and adhere to it. Too many teams succumb to group think on players and draft them too early. The Seahawks can do it because their coach and GM are in lock step with looking for players.

Of course the Seahawks have missed some players. And they've hit home runs with others, especially relative to their draft positions.

Fans think that watching some YouTube clips somehow makes them experts on a player's potential. It's kinda ridiculous.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think we will soon see the same problem with our LBs too. we could have had the perfect KJ replacement in vander esch, but we traded down and took a RB that doesnt fit our offense.

I don't remember many folks (if any) mocking Vander Esch to our team in 2018... we thought Wright would be good to go (was injured final preseason) and needed to seriously upgrade our running attack since in 2017 Wilson led the team with 500 yards rushing... really? You seem to be HEAVILY Captain Hindsighting here. Vander Esch panned out and was a top linebacker last year (playing on a team with a great line and where Smith stayed healthy)... so... we should've taken him? Yah... if we could do it over, sure. Not that simple.

And he's not a pass rusher, he's an ILB... and we have that guy named Bobby Wagner, so where the fuck would he play?

Do you have proof of YOU saying 1 year ago we should've taken Vander Esch?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who have they taken on day 3 that has been a home run?

I don't remember many folks (if any) mocking Vander Esch to our team in 2018... we thought Wright would be good to go (was injured final preseason) and needed to seriously upgrade our running attack since in 2017 Wilson led the team with 500 yards rushing... really? You seem to be HEAVILY Captain Hindsighting here. Vander Esch panned out and was a top linebacker last year (playing on a team with a great line and where Smith stayed healthy)... so... we should've taken him? Yah... if we could do it over, sure. Not that simple.

Do you have proof of YOU saying 1 year ago we should've taken Vander Esch?

its not hindsight, i wanted him then and i was absolutely against taking a RB in round 1. RB is the EASIEST position to draft.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shaquille Griffin and Tre Flowers are busts?

Penny had a 4.9 YPA last year. Injuries slowed him down but he started to look really promising. No idea why you think he can't fit out offense.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who have they taken on day 3 that has been a home run?

its not hindsight, i wanted him then and i was absolutely against taking a RB in round 1. RB is the EASIEST position to draft.

Okay... it would've worked out for us, but at that point KJ was good to go so there would've been a decent chance Vander Esch (AT THAT TIME) would not have filled any need, since Seattle doesn't run a 4-3 package in a lot of instances. Again, we had a team in 2017 where the highest RB yards gained was 240 fuckin' yards by MIKE DAVIS. Yah Carson rebounded, but I'd still be SUPER nervous only having Carson as a RB option this year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang I like the Gary Jennings pick. Not as much of a route issue like Metcalf, but needs to work on it a little. I love the upside though.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised that we took another WR already.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised that we took another WR already.

I think it's a good one though. We're getting some size and length on the perimeter... which I think has been sorely needed for some time.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Haynes, alright. I like the PURE guard pickup... that's definitely our weakness (outside of Ifedi) on the line... and Iupati/Fluker are injury concerns. Haynes could be a starter in 1-2 years. We need to get younger at the position especially if we're going to be a run first team.

Loving both 4th round picks so far. I think both Jennings/Haynes can be starters in this league, and I think Jennings was way underrated. He hauled in a fuck ton of catches for WV in the years that matter.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with Jennings and a guard
But they need
DL go get some...then some cbs as well