• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Seahawks draft discussion thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE the Metcalf pick. I would've been fine with him at 47... it's quite funny WalterFootball predicts him to go top 5 in the 2nd round but when he actually goes at the end of the 2nd round grades it a B and shits all over the selection.

I get Metcalf is raw and needs to work on route running, but Seattle needs ANYTHING LARGE/BIG and fast at WR on the outside. That is Metcalf. $20 this guy is our #1 in 2 years.

Agreed..and he is a good value at #64
Nice get..just what they have needed
For a few years now
Im ok with this draft ...so far
Crossing my fingers for the 4th round

Cuz no need for cheesy chedder

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had a very scary thought. We need a gunner, One with speed to run down 50 yard punts that have a 4.5 hang time. How would you like to be a returner catching a ball knowing a 6 foot 3 240 pound Beast of a man is about to blow you the F up? It's like Lockette but MUCH bigger.

aj_brown_dk_metcalf.0.jpg

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tired of your act. I am, absolutely.
Playoffs recently? I think so.
Over .500 lately, I think there is a run on that.
HOF QB leading the team. Yup. Check.

How much does having a HOF qb cover up poor drafting at most other positions?

No OL taken when its a glaring need, for instance.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree.

Our biggest OL fault was Cable. Thank Goodness Cable is gone.
Alright Debbie Downer, glad you are NOT any type of scout.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had a strong feeling they would wait till the 4th round to get Oline help. They have a good set of starters and a couple really good back-ups. With Solari there was growth and i believe the team trusts Solari to continue that growth. Makes it so much Nicer than say Cable where you had to draft a High Olineman only to get sub par results.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tired of your act. I am, absolutely.
Playoffs recently? I think so.
Over .500 lately, I think there is a run on that.
HOF QB leading the team. Yup. Check.
He is one of the worst fans on this site. Has been for years. Never happy about anything unless they lose and he predicted it.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable was praised way beyond his success, for some reason.
He destroyed out OL. So glad he is gone.

Still some good WR's out there. Go get another, Give Russ some Taller targets.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: If Doug Baldwin retires like they are now saying he is going to do, Does that mean the Hawks need to take another WR and soon? To me it does. They are i believe looking at Kearse also, if Doug retires the receiving class on this team needs more help. Reynolds looked like a clone of Baldwin in preseason last year. Do we see him take a step forward and fight for a spot? I could see that. Watching him last preseason i thought it was Dougy out there.

If Doug Baldwin does retire i just want to say Thank you DB for giving it all up and never holding back on the field. You were a baller!

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accumulating picks is the 'reason' we were able to move up... That's why you do that... Move up when a guy you want is still available...

Well Butler wouldn’t have made that pick against a guy like Metcalf.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable was praised way beyond his success, for some reason.
He destroyed out OL. So glad he is gone.

Still some good WR's out there. Go get another, Give Russ some Taller targets.

I like Riley Ridley... He fits the Baldwin type of a role..

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find the timing of releasing Doug Baldwins health issues as soon as Metcalf was drafted interesting. I think Seahawks management knew all along of DB situation but they did not want to release to the public what was going on because teams would know that the hawks would be interested in drafting a replacement WR. So basically if they would have released this info before the draft and teams seeing how many picks the hawks acquired some teams would have probably been more aggressive in drafting a WR early.

just a thought

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find the timing of releasing Doug Baldwins health issues as soon as Metcalf was drafted interesting. I think Seahawks management knew all along of DB situation but they did not want to release to the public what was going on because teams would know that the hawks would be interested in drafting a replacement WR. So basically if they would have released this info before the draft and teams seeing how many picks the hawks acquired some teams would have probably been more aggressive in drafting a WR early.

just a thought

OR

The drafting of Metcalf made people start over reacting? we will know soon, we all ready knew this was a rough offseason for him and we heard rumors of it weeks ago that he had to take some time to look at it or something like that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Riley Ridley... He fits the Baldwin type of a role..

Keenan Reynolds is a Baldwin clone and he is all ready on the team but yeah they need to think really hard on drafting another WR and soon if Baldwin calls it a career.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darius Slayton WR, Auburn

I wanted to leave this name here as i feel this could very well be the next WR the Hawks choose if Baldwin really is retiring.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping for OL/DL beef today. Greg Gaines? Not sure who the best remaining OL prospects are, but you gotta keep feeding that position with talent.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have to get another WR in the draft. They have brought guys in outside of the draft every year. That said, they have never really been fully stocked at that position and we've always kind of accepted it as part of being a run heavy team.

It's not that they won't spend money. Harvin and Graham are examples of throwing stupid money at it. They simply don't focus on that in the offense for whatever reason.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping for OL/DL beef today. Greg Gaines? Not sure who the best remaining OL prospects are, but you gotta keep feeding that position with talent.

We have a bunch of picks that I suspect will focus on both sides of the lines. And a CB as well .

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have to get another WR in the draft. They have brought guys in outside of the draft every year. That said, they have never really been fully stocked at that position and we've always kind of accepted it as part of being a run heavy team.

It's not that they won't spend money. Harvin and Graham are examples of throwing stupid money at it. They simply don't focus on that in the offense for whatever reason.
I agree. Metcalf is not a Baldwin replacement (totally different kind of WR), and I feel they went up to get him because of the high ceiling playmaking potential. People have been saying the Hawks need to go out and get RW some more weapons, and I just don't see it that way. Russell is the weapon. Support him with a running game (which they are now), protect him with a capable front line (which it seems we now finally have), and build a defense that can keep him in the game so he can take over in the 4th quarter when needed and win it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: If Doug Baldwin retires like they are now saying he is going to do, Does that mean the Hawks need to take another WR and soon? To me it does. They are i believe looking at Kearse also, if Doug retires the receiving class on this team needs more help. Reynolds looked like a clone of Baldwin in preseason last year. Do we see him take a step forward and fight for a spot? I could see that. Watching him last preseason i thought it was Dougy out there.

If Doug Baldwin does retire i just want to say Thank you DB for giving it all up and never holding back on the field. You were a baller!

Maybe... but I have to imagine Seattle knew of Doug's health and possible decision to retire well before the draft. I know an official report came out yesterday, but there was rumors well before the draft Doug may flirt with retirement.

I'm really curious whatever the fuck happened to David Moore and where the fuck has Darboh been? We spent a 3rd on that guy... *edit* guess he was on the IR in 2018?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Our biggest OL fault was Cable. Thank Goodness Cable is gone.
Alright Debbie Downer, glad you are NOT any type of scout.

yes cable was horrible, but our OL is not set by any means. ifedi is gone after this year, that seems to be clear. iupati is a one year rental.

the way they draft is a serious head scratcher for any non-koolaid drinking person.

Maybe... but I have to imagine Seattle knew of Doug's health and possible decision to retire well before the draft. I know an official report came out yesterday, but there was rumors well before the draft Doug may flirt with retirement.

I'm really curious whatever the fuck happened to David Moore and where the fuck has Darboh been? We spent a 3rd on that guy... *edit* guess he was on the IR in 2018?

david moore broke mentally when he dropped that TD against the chargers. he was not the same after that.