• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 18: Seahawks @ Cardinals Thread

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is it... We failed to control our destiny last week in losing to the Steelers... Now we have to win today and rely on some help... All we can do today is handle our own business since the outcome is out of our hands...

Will be a much different Zona team that we faced earlier in the season... K. Murry is playing well and the Cardinals running game has been running all over their opponents the past 4 weeks... They ran all over the Steelers, 49ers and Eagles defense over that 4 game stretch so they didn't do it against poor defenses... This could be ugly today if our defense doesn't show up and wrap up...

Lucas and Haynes ruled out... Bradford and Forsythe will be starting in their spot... :(

Questionable: Brooks, Bellore, Peters, Reed...

Please tackle today!

Season 5 Hug GIF by The Office

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the arizona game plan is pretty simple, run the damn ball.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, a win today in Arizona plus a Chicago win in GB puts us in the playoffs as the 7 seed, which gets us a rematch in Dallas if the Cowboys win today @ Footballskins. Actually a decent shot of the Bears winning I think. Packers have been pretty inconsistent like most of the bubble teams, and Chicago has been playing ok with Fields stepping up his game. The Pack is in a win & in situation, so they will be pulling out all the stops.

Not having either of Brooks & Jamal Adams hurt our run defense last week. Adams has his issues in coverage, but he helps a lot vs the run. Brooks is probably our most aggressive tackler, so we'll probably have run defense issues again today if he can't go. Not the same running threat today vs last week, but I really don't want to be forced to sit through a repeat performance of what we saw last time out. With the opportunity that was in front of us to win the final 2 and not worry about anyone else, that was one of the more disappointing losses I can remember.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having either of Brooks & Jamal Adams hurt our run defense last week. Adams has his issues in coverage, but he helps a lot vs the run. Brooks is probably our most aggressive tackler, so we'll probably have run defense issues again today if he can't go. Not the same running threat today vs last week, but I really don't want to be forced to sit through a repeat performance of what we saw last time out. With the opportunity that was in front of us to win the final 2 and not worry about anyone else, that was one of the more disappointing losses I can remember.
Yeah, Brooks has been a beast against the run... probably the best tackler on the team... He's definitely been missed...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very different matchup than last time. The Seahawks will face a completely different offense than what the Cardinals fielded in October.

The starting QB (Dobbs) isn't on the team anymore. No surprise that bringing their starting QB back would make their offense better, but the passing game is averaging 40 yards per game more since Murray came back. Murray himself has thrown for at least 200 yards in all but 1 of his starts.

The leading runner (Demercado) has 18 touches since November 1. With the way Seattle's defense has played the run the last 11 weeks, Connor has a chance to get his first 1,000 yard season of his career while enjoying the highest ypc rate of his career (4.9). Since Murray returned they are up to 145 yards rushing a game from 127 before - and Seattle could allow them to be even better.

As good as the Card's run offense has been, their run defense has been worse. Walker and Charbonet should be a heavy focus in the offense this week, but I'm not sure Waldron can run such a "boring" offense. Though to be fair, the last Cardinals game was the only time this season where Walker had more rush attempts than Geno has pass attempts.

Defense needs to clamp down on the run - including Murray scrambling. Murray is a better passer than Dobbs (obviously) but you'd still rather Murray play you through the air and not on the ground. Be disciplined and TACKLE the f'n ball carrier on the first attempt. Completing their tackles last week would have created a different game and Seattle likely wins.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno what to feel about this game. I always stand firm that losing games purposely is not a good strategy.

That said, I wont be upset if Arizona wins and puts up like 450-500 yards and makes this bar none the worst Seattle D in Carroll's era (and maybe franchise all time). That's the only way we're going to get movement of Carroll and change this stupid ass soft zone system with Carroll immediately on the hot seat. IF Jody plans to keep the team and not sell (she might, no idea), Carroll should be immediately fired and an overhaul of the staff is needed.

If head coaches and Schneider KNOW that Allen is not selling, there are going to be coaches and staff FLOCKING to Seattle for a job... because Seattle has a ton of talent on the roster that Carroll simply doesn't know WTF to do with. I can't give Waldron TOO hard of a time given injuries to Geno, the OLINE just can't stay in, etc... but yah. If Jody is unsure about selling or is going to sell, we're sadly stuck with Carroll another year because a new owner is going to come in and immediately fire all of the FO/coaching staff.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... screens, TE abuse, no surprise.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh Brooks. I wouldn't mind seeing him back next year but another guy that can't stay healthy.

WTF is it with Seattle? Is it bad water? Training staff? The ridiculous democrat policies (har har I'm teasing)? Jokes aside, I swear we get the most injuries out of everyone in the league.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woolen needs to go for his legs, not his chest.

He was great in coverage last year and great this year. The fact our coaching staff didn't spend basically ALL offseason working with him on tackling and run play recognition is exactly that... a testament to how crap this coaching has been in the offseason. You even drafted a top 5 DB who is a great tackler, and couldn't have him work with Woolen? Whatever.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd and 15... we should be out of soft zone abuse, range...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is it with Seattle? Is it bad water? Training staff? The ridiculous democrat policies (har har I'm teasing)? Jokes aside, I swear we get the most injuries out of everyone in the league.

Honestly, I think it's everywhere. Just like tackling, injuries have seemed to go up since they stopped certain practice and offseason practices through the CBA.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice stop for the D

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if our offense came to play today...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than 1 in 4 pass attempts from Murray since his return have gone to McBride.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if our offense came to play today...

They better, supposedly the Arizona defense is particularly susceptible to the Seahawk way of offense - or at least what it used to be.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than 1 in 4 pass attempts from Murray since his return have gone to McBride.

Zero surprise. 3 targets already to McBride... Seattle under Pete historically (excluding LOB years) have never been able to cover tight ends or screens. That's exactly what Arizona came out with. And while Brooks got his hand out there and deflected it, there was a bit of last minute luck (he was beat, no head turned). If that ball is slightly higher, McBride has another big gain.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're throwing 75% of the time today, I really have to question gameplanning.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pitch/catch from Geno to DK