• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs 49ers - Week 14

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the branch trade was holmgren.

the rest of the trades, how many actually worked out? marshawn lynch and diggs? maybe brown who cost a 2nd rounder?

we also gave up a 2nd for that DT from the jets, that was a terrible trade.

Oh yah Sheldon Richardson?

It'll be interesting if they let Williams walk (exactly what they did with Richardson, it was a < 1 year rental IIRC)... giving up a 2nd for a 1/2 year rental when despite a 6-3 record everyone knew they were not a Super Bowl bound team was ridiculous (they were squeaking by horrible teams at that point with the exception of the Lions). Now Williams is playing GOOD this year (not elite, but decent) and he's been one of the few bright spots on Seattle's defense since arriving, but he'll also be 30 next year... he's going to want to be paid and some crap team with a ton of cap (not Seattle, although we will free up a bit with cutting Diggs/Adams) will prob. pay him...

That said, I don't think it was a terrible trade as we desperately needed DL help and Williams is a good player... but yah, dunno. This defense is a train wreck in general.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It'll be interesting if they let Williams walk (exactly what they did with Richardson, it was a < 1 year rental IIRC)... giving up a 2nd for a 1/2 year rental when despite a 6-3 record everyone knew they were not a Super Bowl bound team was ridiculous (they were squeaking by horrible teams at that point with the exception of the Lions). Now Williams is playing GOOD this year (not elite, but decent) and he's been one of the few bright spots on Seattle's defense since arriving, but he'll also be 30 next year... he's going to want to be paid and some crap team with a ton of cap (not Seattle, although we will free up a bit with cutting Diggs/Adams) will prob. pay him...

That said, I don't think it was a terrible trade as we desperately needed DL help and Williams is a good player... but yah, dunno. This defense is a train wreck in general.
Letting Williams walk is likely the best course because players on their third contract rarely deliver bang for your buck. In short his contract will out strip his production. Hate trading for rentals unless the team is clearly a SuperBowl candidate which they weren't. Didn't actually receive that bump in wins trading for him either. Pete keeps trying these type of moves despite them not working out. I guess he only remembers the few that did work out early in his Seahawks era. After the Adams fiasco I would of thought he would avoid repeating the same mistake, but nope it's his MO.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting Williams walk is likely the best course because players on their third contract rarely deliver bang for your buck. In short his contract will out strip his production. Hate trading for rentals unless the team is clearly a SuperBowl candidate which they weren't. Didn't actually receive that bump in wins trading for him either. Pete keeps trying these type of moves despite them not working out. I guess he only remembers the few that did work out early in his Seahawks era. After the Adams fiasco I would of thought he would avoid repeating the same mistake, but nope it's his MO.

Yah... agreed with everything you wrote. I wouldn't be surprised if that 2nd rounder is a pretty high one. Steelers and Eagles probably put us at 8-9 at best.... meaning that pick is prob. in the 40s... :sigh:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m kinda ticked we gave away our 2nd round pick, kinda sick of Pete letting top picks go … If it wasn’t for the Russ trade we were sitting TERRIBLE for the future with the moves they made …
I'm thinking they trade back to recoup that lost pick. Probably won't be a second but gain another 3rd.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I remember correctly that was the year that Aaron Rodgers was hurt for the season and believed GB was a non threat which made the NFC wide open which is why they pulled the trigger on that trade.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking they trade back to recoup that lost pick. Probably won't be a second but gain another 3rd.
Which would be frustrating because we could have a potential top 10 pick if we lose out, then we miss on a potential top talent which sucks considering that’s the one reward you get for having a bad season … :(

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which would be frustrating because we could have a potential top 10 pick if we lose out, then we miss on a potential top talent which sucks considering that’s the one reward you get for having a bad season … :(
Correct and hopefully it doesn't happen.