• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks at Bengals Week 6

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good game, getting quite a bit of media coverage according to @Judge Fudge 's map. The Bengals do have some OL struggles so it'll be interesting to see if Seattle can get similar pressure they did on Jones. In addition, the Bengals have one of the worst 3rd down conversion percentages very similar to Seattle.

Onto injuries, Cross will be back, looks like Adams was limited in practice but apparently is cleared on the concussion protocol so I can't imagine he doesn't play. Haynes is listed as questionable but was full participation in practice so that will help if we can move Brown back to Center and get Bradford some reps.

That said, we really need Adams to stay healthy this game, because with Burns/Bryant out, we'll need Love to play nickel because.... Higgins did fully participate on Thursday/Friday in practice... it's a game time decision given his fractured rib, but if he plays and is feeling good, that does give Burrow the needed weapons. If Higgins plays, it's going to be REALLY interesting to see what they do with Witherspoon.

Witherspoon size wise matches up better against Chase and Woolen size wise against Higgins (both 6'3-6'4"), but Witherspoon was so effective in the nickel, where do you go with it? I think even if Higgins plays the Bengals may only give him a handful of reps and a cracked rib can sideline ya pretty quick with pain if you get hit. This will be a big test for our fully healthy secondary (Woolen, Diggs, Adams, Witherspoon, Love are all good to go) and see if this pass rush is starting to gel.

On our offensive side, I see no reason why Seattle shouldn't ball out and put up yards/points. Cincy's rush D is not that good (giving up 2nd worst YPG, only topped by Denver), our OL gets at least 3 starters on the field (lol), and if Awuzie is out (not cleared yet) should be able to get open.

Winds were supposed to be high this game (which probably favors us to the Bengals given our rushing attack is far more scary) but it only looks like 10-12 MPH now. That still bodes well for us as generally QBs put up less fantasy points once winds go above 10 and every 5 miles knocks it further down.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this matchup for us with our speedy D against a possibly less than 100% Burrow in less than ideal weather (if that's what the forecast is). However, it's still tough to win on the road, and maybe the Bengals are starting to look more like they should as Burrow's health improves. Seems like a complete tossup to me.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we pound it on the ground and exploit what statistically looks like a very weak run D

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Onto injuries, Cross will be back, looks like Adams was limited in practice but apparently is cleared on the concussion protocol so I can't imagine he doesn't play. Haynes is listed as questionable but was full participation in practice so that will help if we can move Brown back to Center and get Bradford some reps.

I Like Olu Oluwatimi at center he was awesome and Brown at Guard, Is Lewis going to play? I am sure he is out is he not? slide Brown to Guard Ulo to center and Bradford can play if Haynes is out. When Brown went to Guard and Olu was at center the Lines play picked up. Olu was hands down one of the best College centers in the Nation and he was very good against the Giants very strong front. The ONLY game he didn't play in the Hawks lost and scored only 13 points.

I think the Best lineup on the Oline right now would be LT Cross, LG Brown, C Olu, RG *Haynes/Bradford, RT *Lucas ( IR )/Curhan. When Lewis is back I would play him at RT because he played at a probowl level at RG his rookie season and i STILL don't understand why they moved him to LG. I get that he was so good and they needed a LG but Brown plays LG VERY well!

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see LT Cross, LG Brown, C Olu, RG Lewis, RT Lucas. That would at least to me feel like a top 10 OLine.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Like Olu Oluwatimi at center he was awesome and Brown at Guard, Is Lewis going to play? I am sure he is out is he not? slide Brown to Guard Ulo to center and Bradford can play if Haynes is out. When Brown went to Guard and Olu was at center the Lines play picked up. Olu was hands down one of the best College centers in the Nation and he was very good against the Giants very strong front. The ONLY game he didn't play in the Hawks lost and scored only 13 points.

I think the Best lineup on the Oline right now would be LT Cross, LG Brown, C Olu, RG *Haynes/Bradford, RT *Lucas ( IR )/Curhan. When Lewis is back I would play him at RT because he played at a probowl level at RG his rookie season and i STILL don't understand why they moved him to LG. I get that he was so good and they needed a LG but Brown plays LG VERY well!

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see LT Cross, LG Brown, C Olu, RG Lewis, RT Lucas. That would at least to me feel like a top 10 OLine.

Lewis can't play until game 8 or 9... he's on IR.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances in this one but it's really hard to predict. Connor ran for 7.7 ypc last week vs. this weak D so hoping we exploit that as well as the Cards did. Would love to see us rotate back and forth with Walker and Charbonnet more. Set up PA and see if we can expose their safeties with our TEs. Would love to see us get JSN some better targets. Hoping for a solid game on both sides of the ball and the guys stay healthy. We need to get some wins through this stretch and get all the cylinders firing in all 3 phases before we have those big tests starting on Thanksgiving Thursday.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis can't play until game 8 or 9... he's on IR.

Lewis is on the IR now also? When did this happen? I know Lucas is on the IR but when did Lewis get placed on IR? I haven't heard that. Last i heard he was doubtful for the Cincy game not that he was put on the IR.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis is on the IR now also? When did this happen? I know Lucas is on the IR but when did Lewis get placed on IR? I haven't heard that. Last i heard he was doubtful for the Cincy game not that he was put on the IR.
I'm thinking Shark meant Lucas, not Lewis.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready to scream my fucking head off.....

Cryptocurrency Defi GIF by 1inch

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Nft GIF by The New Resistance

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I meant LUCAS, sorry. Lewis/Lucas... lol... kind of close.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JSN sighting!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep abusing that run, boys... 2nd worst run D in the NFL.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like when Lockett points for a flag, it's just cemented... his receiving IQ is through the charts... and that was CLEAR DPI. We're not hugging each other in Sarcastaball yet, Cincy.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its so weird to see 1st down during a first drive. How many games with Wilson did we always go 3 and out. GO HAWKS