• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cardinals at Seahawks Week 7

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Carroll at the 11:38 mark talk about Geno seems like they had addressed a few of the things we saw yesterday in Training Camp... For example, that pass that was picked off, he mentioned that they had discussions about not doing that when a play breaks down and there is no flow to the play... Just get rid of it and eat is what he was taught... Like all of us, Carroll didn't see too happy about that play..
this is the thing about geno, he just makes dumb mistakes at the worst times, I think he cant handle the pressure at all and brain farts.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks held the Cardinals to their 2nd worst offensive performance of the year by surrendering only 246 yards... Washington in week surrendered only 210 yards... All in all, this defense seems to be the real deal... I was hesitant fully believing that we are legit but I think that I'm there now... At least top 10-12 defense worthy...

I want to see how they do against a good offense. That Ravens game will be a good test.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry guys! We're going to get Dee Eskridge back next week who the Browns wont have any answer for!!!

giphy.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the thing about geno, he just makes dumb mistakes at the worst times, I think he cant handle the pressure at all and brain farts.

I don't think it is necessarily dumb. I think he tries too hard to make a play when he should just throw it away. A fairly common flaw among journeymen QBs.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is necessarily dumb. I think he tries too hard to make a play when he should just throw it away. A fairly common flaw among journeymen QBs.

His Brain gets in his way.

So last night i went through 5 hours of watching every Geno pass the past 3 years and Every Drew Lock pass.

When Lock was a rookie he locked onto one WR and thats where he threw the ball. He had success actually but not great success. Teams picked up on it and his success turned into failure. He did have a nice trait of looking off the safety though and you see his growth since that rookie season. He rarely DOESN"T get to his 2nd or 3rd read and he progresses fast through the route tree. Even when he knows where he is going with the ball he holds the safety something Geno rarely does. Locks weak points are lack of playing time and accuracy all though his accuracy isn't bad it's just not as good as Geno's. His arm is strong his ability to go through his progression has been really good the last couple preseason. He still makes mistakes but rarely in high pressure moments.

Geno has this weird issue, when he starts to think to much his head stops moving and he plays slower. He will look at and lock on to one WR and if they are not open he will continue to look at that SAME WR as he scrambles. He draws the defense over to them and that's why so many of his passes are into a crowd. When he just plays with some fire and and a attitude he plays much better. When He goes off instinct and isn't slowing everything down and thinking about it to much he is much better. Geno's issue's are he gets in his own way. He slows everything down in his head to avoid making mistakes and this causes him to stick on his first read for a solid 2 seconds and rarely gets to that 2nd read and you can count on 1 hand how often he has got to his 3rd read this season and STILL have 3 fingers left over. In High pressure moments Geno goes into a shell to often and makes mistakes.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Brain gets in his way.

So last night i went through 5 hours of watching every Geno pass the past 3 years and Every Drew Lock pass.

When Lock was a rookie he locked onto one WR and thats where he threw the ball. He had success actually but not great success. Teams picked up on it and his success turned into failure. He did have a nice trait of looking off the safety though and you see his growth since that rookie season. He rarely DOESN"T get to his 2nd or 3rd read and he progresses fast through the route tree. Even when he knows where he is going with the ball he holds the safety something Geno rarely does. Locks weak points are lack of playing time and accuracy all though his accuracy isn't bad it's just not as good as Geno's. His arm is strong his ability to go through his progression has been really good the last couple preseason. He still makes mistakes but rarely in high pressure moments.

Geno has this weird issue, when he starts to think to much his head stops moving and he plays slower. He will look at and lock on to one WR and if they are not open he will continue to look at that SAME WR as he scrambles. He draws the defense over to them and that's why so many of his passes are into a crowd. When he just plays with some fire and and a attitude he plays much better. When He goes off instinct and isn't slowing everything down and thinking about it to much he is much better. Geno's issue's are he gets in his own way. He slows everything down in his head to avoid making mistakes and this causes him to stick on his first read for a solid 2 seconds and rarely gets to that 2nd read and you can count on 1 hand how often he has got to his 3rd read this season and STILL have 3 fingers left over. In High pressure moments Geno goes into a shell to often and makes mistakes.

This is completely pointless. They aren't benching Geno. And you have completely fallen into "The back-up is better than the starter" fallacy.

The pre-season is not the regular season. You can't compare the 2. And Lock was downright bad in Denver.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is completely pointless. They aren't benching Geno. And you have completely fallen into "The back-up is better than the starter" fallacy.

The pre-season is not the regular season. You can't compare the 2. And Lock was downright bad in Denver.

Where did i say the back up is better? Again you are turning observation into hate speech. These are just things i have noticed. If you actually read what i wrote you would see i said Geno tends to get in his own way and when he plays with attitude and fire he is MUCH BETTER!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did i say the back up is better? Again you are turning observation into hate speech. These are just things i have noticed. If you actually read what i wrote you would see i said Geno tends to get in his own way and when he plays with attitude and fire he is MUCH BETTER!

I did read what you wrote and nowhere did I say hate. You have REPEATEDLY said that you want them to bench Geno and start Lock just to see what he can do. For whatever reason you are focused on pointing out Geno's flaws, over and over again.

Your analysis involved a lot of mind reading. You talk about his emotional state or his attitude. I have no idea how you can know what he is thinking but to each their own.

When casual fans start talking about 3rd and 4th reads, they are mostly just inventing a narrative. Very rarely does ANY QB get to their 4th read in a progression. They only start looking at those players after the play has broken down.

The truth of the matter is that Lock is almost certainly not going to provide the same level of play that Geno has. And certainly not enough of a difference to justify the discord that benching a QB creates.

At the end of the season, we can all talk about how Geno played and what other options we have.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Elissa Reilly Slater... now have some dignity Anointed and don't starting Googling her with 'nude' after the name... fuckin' perv.
The gif was referring to, Dee Eskridge... LOL... "Who is this"... Because he's hardly played...