• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks at Bengals Week 6

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm surprised that some of you aren't talking about Jamal Adams play this weekend... You only want to talk about him when it's negative?

Witherspoon AND Adams on the field at the same time could be fun to watch as Spoon gains more exp and Adams gets his legs under him w/ more snaps...

Was talking about him during the game. He made numerous great tackles. One was a light up play on a receiver out of the backfield that was text book tackling that I'd argue few players in the secondary can make. Another was a screen play where Adams single handedly shed two blockers in front to make an almost backfield tackle. That screen should've gone for 20+ yards.

Adams played fine in coverage... Adams + Witherspoon inside is looking to be flat out insane. If our pass rushers can develop a bit more, we might have something here. Holding the Bengals to barely over 200 yards at home with all their weapons in is no easy feat.

That was a game Seattle had no business losing. Should be 100% 4-1 right now. Can't blame the refs, I thought it was a VERY well officiated game. Our offense just 100% shit the bed.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was talking about him during the game. He made numerous great tackles. One was a light up play on a receiver out of the backfield that was text book tackling that I'd argue few players in the secondary can make. Another was a screen play where Adams single handedly shed two blockers in front to make an almost backfield tackle. That screen should've gone for 20+ yards.

Adams played fine in coverage... Adams + Witherspoon inside is looking to be flat out insane. If our pass rushers can develop a bit more, we might have something here. Holding the Bengals to barely over 200 yards at home with all their weapons in is no easy feat.

That was a game Seattle had no business losing. Should be 100% 4-1 right now. Can't blame the refs, I thought it was a VERY well officiated game. Our offense just 100% shit the bed.
As we should... For as much criticism as he's received, he should get some cheers when he's actually playing on the field and playing well... He's still a Seahawks... ;D

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you want Geno to go with the ball w/ each of these? What should he had done differently? Not debating whether he made the right choice or not just wondering what your thoughts are...

This one he missed badly:

First should've been Metcalf slant for the TD... he had the lead, ball has gotta come out quick but it's there. Could've checked down to Walker as soon as he released if you didn't like the cross. Ball needs to go quick there and given it's Walker you need to throw it hard and get it in his hands. Don't float it.

Second Bradford admittedly kind of shit the bed, but you probably gotta throw to the outside and try to hit Parkinson ASAP. It's a HARD throw. JSN is WIDE open and would have to make a move to get to the endzone and it's short of the end zone, but it's a chance. Geno didn't see either because his eyes are LOCKED over the middle where nothing was open.

Third, JSN is WIDE the fuck open and Geno has a CLEAN pocket (it's a great route btw, and classic Waldron, Geno needs to be looking to connect on that). That's 100% a TD there (only a slower linebacker is picking up on the wide open receiver) and no wonder JSN is getting frustrated.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First should've been Metcalf slant for the TD... he had the lead, ball has gotta come out quick but it's there. Could've checked down to Walker as soon as he released if you didn't like the cross. Ball needs to go quick there and given it's Walker you need to throw it hard and get it in his hands. Don't float it.

Second Bradford admittedly kind of shit the bed, but you probably gotta throw to the outside and try to hit Parkinson ASAP. It's a HARD throw. JSN is WIDE open and would have to make a move to get to the endzone and it's short of the end zone, but it's a chance. Geno didn't see either because his eyes are LOCKED over the middle.

Third, JSN is WIDE the fuck open and Geno has a CLEAN pocket. That's probably a TD there and no wonder JSN is getting frustrated.
Walker maybe... DK didn't look like he was that open to me, imo...

I never played at a high level at QB but I did play 2 years as the starter at our 4A high school... It's very easy to say he should've hit "X" but if you're not looking that direction, with all that speed coming after you, without much time to think about where to throw it, it's hard to survey the entire field in time to the throw the ball where you want to... The last 4th down to end the game was just a tough play... He didn't really have anywhere to throw the ball outside of just throwing it up for grabs but then the pocket just collapsed on him so quickly it was a tough play... However, he just needs to throw it up for grabs in the EZ if anything to at least give someone a chance to make a play on it whether it's intercepted or not...

That JSN route should've gone his way... Geno has got to see that since he's already looking that way... This is another example of why I'm not a fan of Metcalf... He pouts when he's not getting the ball and starts acting out by committing 15 yard penalties... That forces a QB to want to lock in on him to try and get him the ball when the throws not there and he should be going somewhere else with the ball instead... This was definitely a miss by Geno but it pisses me off that Geno is letting DK get to him a sense of urgency to force the ball to DK... I feel like we'd be a better offense w/out DK... He's rarely open, runs poor routes and gives up on plays too much... Has too many penalties called on him that put us in tough situations in crucial parts of the game... He reminds me of the reason we passed on Jalen Carter...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never played at a high level at QB but I did play 2 years as the starter at our 4A high school... It's very easy to say he should've hit "X" but if you're not looking that direction, with all that speed coming after you, without much time to think about where to throw it, it's hard to survey the entire field in time to the throw the ball where you want to... The last 4th down to end the game was just a tough play... He didn't really have anywhere to throw the ball outside of just throwing it up for grabs but then the pocket just collapsed on him so quickly it was a tough play... However, he just needs to throw it up for grabs in the EZ if anything to at least give someone a chance to make a play on it whether it's intercepted or not...

That JSN route should've gone his way... Geno has got to see that since he's already looking that way... This is another example of why I'm not a fan of Metcalf... He pouts when he's not getting the ball and starts acting out by committing 15 yard penalties... That forces a QB to want to lock in on him to try and get him the ball when the throws not there and he should be going somewhere else with the ball instead... This was definitely a miss by Geno but it pisses me off that Geno is letting DK get to him a sense of urgency to force the ball to DK... I feel like we'd be a better offense w/out DK... He's rarely open, runs poor routes and gives up on plays too much... Has too many penalties called on him that put us in tough situations in crucial parts of the game... He reminds me of the reason we passed on Jalen Carter...

I can agree with you on the final play. Again as I said, Bradford kind of shit the bed (although he's a rookie and a 4th rounder, can't shame him too much). The wide open pass as you agree, no excuse. C'mon... I mean it doesn't get any better than that.

The 1st clip... yes it's happening quick, but if it's not there, and your RB releases after not needing to block, you gotta look to hit that quick if your downfield is not there. Metcalf would be a HARD catch, but it is there...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with you on the final play. Again as I said, Bradford kind of shit the bed (although he's a rookie and a 4th rounder, can't shame him too much). The wide open pass as you agree, no excuse. C'mon... I mean it doesn't get any better than that.

The 1st clip... yes it's happening quick, but if it's not there, and your RB releases after not needing to block, you gotta look to hit that quick if your downfield is not there. Metcalf would be a HARD catch, but it is there...
One thing I can agree with you on is that Geno did not have his best game for sure... He missed some wide open opportunities... Specifically JSN... I could only imagine the confidence builder that would've been for JSN if he had caught his 1st TD... Would've been a huge boost, momentum swing for the offense imo...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I can agree with you on is that Geno did not have his best game for sure... He missed some wide open opportunities... Specifically JSN... I could only imagine the confidence builder that would've been for JSN if he had caught his 1st TD... Would've been a huge boost, momentum swing for the offense imo...

I mean 4 receptions, 48 yards... if he had that one he's 5 receptions, 80 yards with a TD. That's a breakout game for sure (given all the weapons Seattle has). Just can't miss those in this league..

I agree with ya though, seems we're trying to force the ball too much to DK. 10 targets, 4 receptions is not great... now there was TWO plays where DK was WIDE the F open for huge gains and Geno missed em' both... but yah, it happens in the NFL... DK has to grow the fuck up.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree on the DK take. He really can be a game changer when he is right but most of the time, he just looks like he's playing for himself and he has absolutely no finesse in his route running. He just bodies guys with his physicality and intimidates them with speed. He really has no awareness on those sideline routes at times and is always too close at the end of the route. Unlike Tyler who just subtly drifts to the right spot and wins those one on ones. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but someone like Bobby Wagner has to sit down with DK and school him on the "team" concept. I'm honestly totally fed up with his antics at this point. His production comes nowhere close to making up for his B.S. Like I alluded to, I would love to see how the final draft order shakes out at the end of the season and Schneider try to move up for any one of those top 3 QBs. If the Bears have the top 2 picks, offer them our 1st, a 4th and DK for the #2 overall and get Drake Maye. I think this offense fits Maye perfectly. Keep Geno on to mentor him if needed and be a solid back-up. Let Drew Lock walk and continue to build depth with our other draft picks and FA.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree on the DK take. He really can be a game changer when he is right but most of the time, he just looks like he's playing for himself and he has absolutely no finesse in his route running. He just bodies guys with his physicality and intimidates them with speed. He really has no awareness on those sideline routes at times and is always too close at the end of the route. Unlike Tyler who just subtly drifts to the right spot and wins those one on ones. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but someone like Bobby Wagner has to sit down with DK and school him on the "team" concept. I'm honestly totally fed up with his antics at this point. His production comes nowhere close to making up for his B.S. Like I alluded to, I would love to see how the final draft order shakes out at the end of the season and Schneider try to move up for any one of those top 3 QBs. If the Bears have the top 2 picks, offer them our 1st, a 4th and DK for the #2 overall and get Drake Maye. I think this offense fits Maye perfectly. Keep Geno on to mentor him if needed and be a solid back-up. Let Drew Lock walk and continue to build depth with our other draft picks and FA.

Gonna take a LOT more than that to move up to #2 given the number of other trade partners available with better 1st round picks that also want a QB and the fact Seattle will probably be drafting in the teens or early 20s.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas getting hurt week 1 was huge and Curhan was basically playing on one leg Sunday but yeah, that's our most glaring weakness on the Oline at the moment. Don't really know what we can do to correct that other than try Forsythe over on that side ( which is probably not a good idea). Bradford is too raw to move over and needs his reps at guard to improve there, imo. Shane needs to put Dissly or Parkinson on that side to help out until Lucas gets healthy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that'd be all well and dandy if it wasn't a backup to begin with. I'd like to know with Cross back in if Forsythe can play RT. I like Forsythe a lot more than Curhan.

Also, Charbonnet is excellent at pass blocking, so I have zero fucking clue why Dallas or Walker should be out there at all on 3rd down plays if it's a pass. Swear if I see Dallas' ass out there one more time on 3rd down while Zach is healthy and not resting... I'm going to fuckin' lose it.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that'd be all well and dandy if it wasn't a backup to begin with. I'd like to know with Cross back in if Forsythe can play RT. I like Forsythe a lot more than Curhan.

Also, Charbonnet is excellent at pass blocking, so I have zero fucking clue why Dallas or Walker should be out there at all on 3rd down plays if it's a pass. Swear if I see Dallas' ass out there one more time on 3rd down while Zach is healthy and not resting... I'm going to fuckin' lose it.
I don't understand Pete's underutilization of Charbonnet at all. Is he saving him in case Walker gets hurt? Seems to me he runs Walker into the ground which would make it more likely for him to get hurt or at least, wore down. Charbonnet could be the perfect counterpoint to what Walker does, imo. The Panthers game showed us that. Both guys averaged 5+ yds/ carry. What he sees in Dallas is mind boggling to me but Pete sometimes will be too loyal to guys he likes.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand Pete's underutilization of Charbonnet at all. Is he saving him in case Walker gets hurt? Seems to me he runs Walker into the ground which would make it more likely for him to get hurt or at least, wore down. Charbonnet could be the perfect counterpoint to what Walker does, imo. The Panthers game showed us that. Both guys averaged 5+ yds/ carry. What he sees in Dallas is mind boggling to me but Pete sometimes will be too loyal to guys he likes.

Dallas should be getting ZERO snaps at this point. Special teams and that's it. Yes, 12% snap count is too high. It should be 65/35 Walker/Charb and that's IT, barring an injury.

Arizona is HORRIBLE against the run (just like Cincy apparently)... if we can't get the run offense going against Arizona after failing with Cincy I give up. TWO attempts by Zach in the Cincy game? Are you fuckin' serious, Pete?

And given Zach is the best receiving and blocking back on the team, why in the world of fuck is Dallas out there at all barring injury?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1697670715260.jpeg

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas should be getting ZERO snaps at this point. Special teams and that's it. Yes, 12% snap count is too high. It should be 65/35 Walker/Charb and that's IT, barring an injury.

Arizona is HORRIBLE against the run (just like Cincy apparently)... if we can't get the run offense going against Arizona after failing with Cincy I give up. TWO attempts by Zach in the Cincy game? Are you fuckin' serious, Pete?

And given Zach is the best receiving and blocking back on the team, why in the world of fuck is Dallas out there at all barring injury?
Especially on punt returns... I 110% don't understand why a 230lb back is returning punts... Usually you want the smaller, agile guys returning punts because they have to make the first guy or 2 miss very quickly once they catch it...

Give JSN a chance at returning punts... Help the kid get opportunities to contribute and make plays... I don't understand that the loyalty and infatuation with DJ Dallas...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are trading DK, it would make more sense to trade him to a team other than the bears and package those picks with our own to trade up. Maybe the chiefs or ravens?

I think thats extremely unlikely however. I have a feeling they might like what they see in bo nix and we may not need to trade up for him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Dr. Strangelove

Since you brought up, just figured I'd throw it out there. On PFFs site it took Metcalf, our 2024 and 2025 1st rounder to move from around 21 or so (projected) to get the #2 overall. Pretty much 3 1sts and then some. Metcalf is probably worth a LATE 1st or early 2nd at this point... 2025 1st is considered a 2nd, 2026 1st is considered a 3rd rounder...

So Chicago would be getting more value by taking Metcalf + 2024/25 1st than 24/25/26 1sts.

Now would we do that? Who knows...

I will say JSN was doing better in Cincy when he was lining up outside. Could we march out Lockett/JSN/Bobo next year? Possibly... grab another WR in the 2nd and you'd prob. be fine. Bobo does have the highest run block grade on the team according to PFF.