• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cardinals at Seahawks Week 7

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to see how this year turns out before we really get into this talk. Hawks have played some of the weakest teams in the NFL and are 4-2 YAY! They might only win 2 or 3 more games the rest of the way and end up with a top 10 pick.

The teams they have beat have a combined record of 8-19 EIGHT AND NINETEEN! Thats awful and they should beat those teams. Only the Lions had a winning record and they account for 5 of those 8 wins LMAO! Remove that Lions game and the record is 3-17. OOF!!!

The Teams they have lost to have a combined record of 6-7 .... uhm uh yeah so under .500 teams
.....................................W/L
Browns 4-3
Ravens 5-2
Commanders 3-4
Rams 3-4
49ers 5-1
Cowboys 4-2
49ers 5-1
Eagles 6-1
Titans 2-4
Steelers 4-2
Cardinals 1-6
42-30
Hawks have to come out of the next 4 weeks with at least 3 wins because after that things get REALLY tough facing only 2 teams the rest of the way with losing records. Hell they only face 2 teams in the last 7 that have more than just 2 loses. ( right now )
I think the S.O.S. thing is a bit over-rated tbh. You can point to every team in the league and say the same thing. I've never thought we were a serious contender but I do think we are a double digit win team if our defense stays healthy. Next week will be a good test but even the Browns with arguably the DPOY is pretty shaky, especially on offense. I think we beat the Commanders handily and get the split vs. the Rams. The games with the 9ers and Eagles will show us where we are really at competitively. The Ravens also. Those are the only teams on our schedule that you can call true contenders at this point. I think the Steelers and Cowboys are very beatable if we don't turn the ball over. Their records are a bit of the same as ours and neither offense scares me. Losing that game to the Bengals still leaves a bad taste because a couple of chip shot FGs could have won it, despite Geno's shitty play. Our defense deserved better.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couple of chip shot FGs could have won it, despite Geno's shitty play. Our defense deserved better.

The part i bolded is why you can't count on us beating any average or better team. The Defense played GREAT in the Cincy game But we lost. Our defense is playing at a top 5 level the past 3 weeks and we are 2-1 against shitty teams ( 6-14 ). They wouldn't beat average teams even if the defense is playing lights out still.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part i bolded is why you can't count on us beating any average or better team. The Defense played GREAT in the Cincy game But we lost. Our defense is playing at a top 5 level the past 3 weeks and we are 2-1 against shitty teams ( 6-14 ). They wouldn't beat average teams even if the defense is playing lights out still.
I don't disagree Screamin but again, I can make that exact same argument for probably 28-30 teams in this league right now. Especially some of the ones with similar QB problems as us. The Cowboys are going nowhere with Dak and McCarthy. Kenny Pickett isn't very good and the Steelers offense overall is awful. The Browns needed 4 Gardner Minshew turnovers to barely beat an average Colts team. Even the Eagles and Niners got beat by average teams with shitty QBs. I just can't keep harping on all the negative buddy. It's not worth it. And I wouldn't call the Bengals a shitty team either. Yes, we lost and shoulda, coulda, woulda and all that but what's done is done. Gotta move on and see how each game plays out. This team is headed in the right direction and that's all I really expected. Lots of things to point at that need improvement but overall, we are building a solid roster. A ways to go for sure but we need to relax and enjoy the good stuff we are seeing.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically speaking we had no business winning that game turning the ball over 3x to the opponents none. This offense is still a concern to me just watching them go out there just struggling to move the ball in sync. If we were playing a competitive team that game would have been over with those 3 turnovers.

Since coming off their respective injuries in Jamal Adams and Devon Witherspoon they have added a lot of "pop" to the defense. We need a Jamal Adams/Witherspoon to add "pop" to the offense. In my opinion that pop was Marshawn Lynch and then RW would feed off of it. This offense doesn't seem to intimadate anyone.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I think its funny how some of yall (and you know who you are) before the season was saying things like "how much would we save if we cut Jamal Adams?" Also "We should have drafted Jalen Carter" but now that everything is falling into place we all cool

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of the ones saying draft Carter,felt like a huge need at the time. Eagles seem happy.
Adams? We are six games in to season,with 49ers twice,cowboys, Eagles coming up. Relax,we will see. Good teams will exploit him. Did you make a post on draft day about drafting Witherspoon? Would love to see,and if you did ,props to you.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to see how this year turns out before we really get into this talk. Hawks have played some of the weakest teams in the NFL and are 4-2 YAY! They might only win 2 or 3 more games the rest of the way and end up with a top 10 pick.

The teams they have beat have a combined record of 8-19 EIGHT AND NINETEEN! Thats awful and they should beat those teams. Only the Lions had a winning record and they account for 5 of those 8 wins LMAO! Remove that Lions game and the record is 3-17. OOF!!!

The Teams they have lost to have a combined record of 6-7 .... uhm uh yeah so under .500 teams

Remaining games W/L
Browns 4-3
Ravens 5-2
Commanders 3-4
Rams 3-4
49ers 5-1
Cowboys 4-2
49ers 5-1
Eagles 6-1
Titans 2-4
Steelers 4-2
Cardinals 1-6
total W/L Record 42-30

Hawks have to come out of the next 4 weeks with at least 3 wins because after that things get REALLY tough facing only 2 teams the rest of the way with losing records. Hell they only face 2 teams in the last 7 that have more than just 2 loses. ( right now )

Yah, and that stretch of 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys and might as well throw the Rams in there is brutal. I could see us only winning 1 game there or losing all of em'. Browns could be a loss unless the offense pulls their head out of their ass. I think we actually match up well against the Ravens because of our secondary and speed but yah... the only real lock in wins on that schedule are the Cards and Titans.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I think its funny how some of yall (and you know who you are) before the season was saying things like "how much would we save if we cut Jamal Adams?" Also "We should have drafted Jalen Carter" but now that everything is falling into place we all cool

Cutting Adams was never going to happen and was a ridiculous statement at the time. It would've been way too huge of a cap hit for next year on a post 6/1 release as well. You could argue the restructure didn't help but looks like Geno wont be getting his incentives so lol...

As for Carter, he's still playing great in Philly and one of the better DTs in the game. Witherspoon has worked out great so far, but positionally knowing what we do now, I think most people would still take Carter. That said, the Eagles also have a ridiculous DL rotation, so who knows how well Carter would've done here.

Point being Witherspoon has looked great and I have to eat crow through week 7, but Carter also looks great in Philly...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a HUGE difference between hating someone and having and understanding of what's the issue is with them. Just go look at his career, that's all you have to do.

What you continue to not understand is that the rest of us understand that Geno is a flawed QB. No one thinks he is an elite QB. He is going to make mistakes. But he also will make some nice plays.

If this team needs Geno to carry them we will not succeed. But he is who we have and expecting him to be someone he isn't won't improve the team.

You, on other hand, are obsessed with being "right" about Geno.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Bobby back as the Mike is what Jordan needed, imo. He can just go out and attack the ball which is his strong suit. When he had the mike, he just was having to think too much and was passive. It's just not the right fit for him. He is also in a contract year so looking at a big payday. At any rate, yesterday was the best game Brooks has had as a Hawk, no question. Taylor had a big game too. Our boys are gelling nicely.
For sure... Having Jordan at the WIll makes all the difference for him because he's able to roam, while utilizing his instincts and speed much better... He's played very good the past 3 or 4 games...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you continue to not understand is that the rest of us understand that Geno is a flawed QB. No one thinks he is an elite QB. He is going to make mistakes. But he also will make some nice plays.

If this team needs Geno to carry them we will not succeed. But he is who we have and expecting him to be someone he isn't won't improve the team.

You, on other hand, are obsessed with being "right" about Geno.
Exactly...

No one here thinks he's a great QB or thought that coming into the season... I viewed him as a veteran QB, w/ solid leadership skills who could help our young team grow on the offensive side of the ball... A gap QB for a year or so until we groomed Lock or found ourselves another QB... My position was that he was a solid option for us moving forward until we figured out the position... He was never our future... He was never a guy that was going to carry this offense on his shoulder... He was a play maker who throw's a very nice ball but he was also that guy that made dumb, WTF were you thinking decisions... No one has stated otherwise... He played a very good 1st half yesterday... Shouldn't we have been happy that he didn't totally shit the bed in the first half instead? I just don't get the obsession of needing to be so negative and critical of Geno when we all know, to take a bite out of Dennis Green's narrative, "he is who we thought he is.."... This is the play we expected of Geno coming into the season, which is why I don't get the heaving, dramatic negativity surrounding him... Seems like each pass he throws is scrutinized here... No one wants to comment about how good Geno has played at times, they only focus on a few negative plays that he's had a times... I don't get that personally... How can you enjoy a Hawks game when that is your focus?

Geno is meeting my expectations of what I thought he would be this year, which is why it's tough for me to get overly obsessed with the criticism of him... Seems like some of you had higher expectations of him with the way you constantly complain about him...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of the ones saying draft Carter,felt like a huge need at the time. Eagles seem happy.
And we would've been just as happy with Carter, imo... JC has played very well in Philly so far... It just takes the edge off a bit with how well Witherspoon has been playing...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree Screamin but again, I can make that exact same argument for probably 28-30 teams in this league right now. Especially some of the ones with similar QB problems as us. The Cowboys are going nowhere with Dak and McCarthy. Kenny Pickett isn't very good and the Steelers offense overall is awful. The Browns needed 4 Gardner Minshew turnovers to barely beat an average Colts team. Even the Eagles and Niners got beat by average teams with shitty QBs. I just can't keep harping on all the negative buddy. It's not worth it. And I wouldn't call the Bengals a shitty team either. Yes, we lost and shoulda, coulda, woulda and all that but what's done is done. Gotta move on and see how each game plays out. This team is headed in the right direction and that's all I really expected. Lots of things to point at that need improvement but overall, we are building a solid roster. A ways to go for sure but we need to relax and enjoy the good stuff we are seeing.

Completely agree with you on this entire post.

Yes, I would much rather have Mahomes or Burrow or Herbert as our QB. Of course they make mistakes as well but their overall play is higher than Geno's. But if you read some posts here, you would think that Geno is one of the worst QBs in the league and the reason why this offense is struggling.

Except it isn't why this offense is struggling. It's struggling in the RZ. And the main reason why it is struggling in the RZ is because we can't get a yard of offense rushing the ball and basically can't move the ball once we are inside the 20. I won't pretend to know all the reasons for this but obviously our OL is one of the biggest problems. We haven't had the same starting 5 in any game this season. While there is reason to be excited about where this OL is going, we don't have any anchors on the OL that we can rely on.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the OL is largely the problem in the redzone, that cant be denied. cant even gain 1 fucking yard? how is that genos fault?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...

No one here thinks he's a great QB or thought that coming into the season... I viewed him as a veteran QB, w/ solid leadership skills who could help our young team grow on the offensive side of the ball... A gap QB for a year or so until we groomed Lock or found ourselves another QB... My position was that he was a solid option for us moving forward until we figured out the position... He was never our future... He was never a guy that was going to carry this offense on his shoulder... He was a play maker who throw's a very nice ball but he was also that guy that made dumb, WTF were you thinking decisions... No one has stated otherwise... He played a very good 1st half yesterday... Shouldn't we have been happy that he didn't totally shit the bed in the first half instead? I just don't get the obsession of needing to be so negative and critical of Geno when we all know, to take a bite out of Dennis Green's narrative, "he is who we thought he is.."... This is the play we expected of Geno coming into the season, which is why I don't get the heaving, dramatic negativity surrounding him... Seems like each pass he throws is scrutinized here... No one wants to comment about how good Geno has played at times, they only focus on a few negative plays that he's had a times... I don't get that personally... How can you enjoy a Hawks game when that is your focus?

Geno is meeting my expectations of what I thought he would be this year, which is why it's tough for me to get overly obsessed with the criticism of him... Seems like some of you had higher expectations of him with the way you constantly complain about him...

Yup. We have a pretty idea about what we will get with Geno. Mostly good play but with a few howlers in every game.

Right now I think our bigger concern is the OL play has been very inconsistent. It was generally better yesterday but they also had some pretty bad downs. This is especially true in the Red Zone.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the OL is largely the problem in the redzone, that cant be denied. cant even gain 1 fucking yard? how is that genos fault?

Exactly right. This offense is actually running really well outside of the RZ. But it completely sputters in the RZ. If you need your QB to do something exceptional in the RZ, then you have bigger problems.

Now I do think that playcalling is also a problem. If the other team knows you are going to run it the 1st 2 downs then they are going to key on the run. I get that Pete always wants to run the ball and be physical but scoring matters. Truth be told we have not had a good RZ running game in years.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. We have a pretty idea about what we will get with Geno. Mostly good play but with a few howlers in every game.

Right now I think our bigger concern is the OL play has been very inconsistent. It was generally better yesterday but they also had some pretty bad downs. This is especially true in the Red Zone.
I wish the team would put Geno under center in the RZ... When you do so, the play action is more effective because you can hide the ball much easier going back from under center, rather than receiving the ball 3 or 4 yards back and trying to hide it w/ the running back... Geno's not good at hiding the ball as it is so it just doesn't make much sense to me as why we have him in shotgun so much under center... He's a tall QB who delivers the ball at a high point w/ his long arms so he can easily hit some quick passes to TE's, WR's, etc under center in the RZ...

And you're right, our OL has been bad on the right side... Even more reason I don't understand the bashing of Geno yesterday... 2 of the 3 starting receivers were rookies along with another patch work on the OL having 3 starters out... However, the INT had no barring on how poor the OL has played... It was just one of those, WTF were you thinking moments for Geno... At least throw it to the highest point to where only Bobo has a chance to catch it w/ his height...

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the team would put Geno under center in the RZ... When you do so, the play action is more effective because you can hide the ball much easier going back from under center, rather than receiving the ball 3 or 4 yards back and trying to hide it w/ the running back... Geno's not good at hiding the ball as it is so it just doesn't make much sense to me as why we have him in shotgun so much under center... He's a tall QB who delivers the ball at a high point w/ his long arms so he can easily hit some quick passes to TE's, WR's, etc under center in the RZ...

I think part of the problem is that a lot of QBs these days really hate being under center. They don't feel comfortable doing it.

Also, play action doesn't work nearly as well after you ran the ball on 1st and 2nd down for no gain.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remaining games W/L
Browns 4-3
Ravens 5-2

Commanders 3-4
Rams 3-4
49ers 5-1
Cowboys 4-2
49ers 5-1
Eagles 6-1
Titans 2-4

Steelers 4-2
Cardinals 1-6
total W/L Record 42-30

I think the key for the Bolded games is using Witherspoon as a spy on Lamar and Jalen.

If we Contain them them that we gotta good shot at the Duke(W)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the key for the Bolded games is using Witherspoon as a spy on Lamar and Jalen.

If we Contain them them that we gotta good shot at the Duke(W)

I agree. I actually like how we match up against Lamar/Jalen assuming Adams/Witherspoon are both healthy and playing. They have the speed to match up with those guys well (whereas Wagner and probably Brooks don't).