• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cardinals at Seahawks Week 7

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is frank clark still available?
trade DK for brian burns?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did read what you wrote and nowhere did I say hate. You have REPEATEDLY said that you want them to bench Geno and start Lock just to see what he can do. For whatever reason you are focused on pointing out Geno's flaws, over and over again.

Your analysis involved a lot of mind reading. You talk about his emotional state or his attitude. I have no idea how you can know what he is thinking but to each their own.

When casual fans start talking about 3rd and 4th reads, they are mostly just inventing a narrative. Very rarely does ANY QB get to their 4th read in a progression. They only start looking at those players after the play has broken down.

The truth of the matter is that Lock is almost certainly not going to provide the same level of play that Geno has. And certainly not enough of a difference to justify the discord that benching a QB creates.

At the end of the season, we can all talk about how Geno played and what other options we have.

Well maybe that's because i am a licensed psychologist and my job is to go into workplaces watch how they run then talk to the workers then the higher ups to figure out where things can be improved. This is why I spend half my year in LA. My job is to spot mental instabilities and inconsistencies when I watch people and job related stress induced fatigue. I spend all my time watching others and making diagnoses on how to fix it. Like I have stated Geno plays better when he is JUST PLAYING and has a fire in his belly. He is complacent right now, that's his issue in my eyes. In other words he looks bored. My actual title is routing and personnel relocation engineer. I mainly work for Kaiser Permanente.

Now you all know more about me than I ever wanted you to know.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well nice to see the 9ers lose.

They also have the Bengals coming off their bye where Higgins/Burrow should be a bit more healed up. Then gotta fly all the way to Jacksonville who is playing solid.

Cleveland is going to be a BIG test for Seattle but if we can pull that game off it's not too outlandish that we lead the division heading into that ridiculous stretch with 9ers x2, Rams, Eagles, Cowboys. Regardless, I think our season is all going to come down to that stretch.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe that's because i am a licensed psychologist and my job is to go into workplaces watch how they run then talk to the workers then the higher ups to figure out where things can be improved. This is why I spend half my year in LA. My job is to spot mental instabilities and inconsistencies when I watch people and job related stress induced fatigue. I spend all my time watching others and making diagnoses on how to fix it. Like I have stated Geno plays better when he is JUST PLAYING and has a fire in his belly. He is complacent right now, that's his issue in my eyes. In other words he looks bored. My actual title is routing and personnel relocation engineer. I mainly work for Kaiser Permanente.

Damn it, as a fan of the Seattle Mariners, you must know I'm mentally unstable too now.... its the only answer for why I put up with them every year. sigh:L

:D

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it, as a fan of the Seattle Mariners, you must know I'm mentally unstable too now.... its the only answer for why I put up with them every year. sigh:L

:D

Most sports fans are mentally unstable, It is what it is. lmao

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is time to see what Derick Hall can do with Nwosu out for the year. If we are being honest injuries are to be expected. Last year Adams got hurt for the year it is all apart of the long journey. We invested a 2nd round pick in a linebacker for this very reason.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are doing psychoanalysis on a football player during the game? Truly remarkable.

Last year he was the luckiest player ever. This year, despite having largely similar stats, he is not playing with fire?

Maybe, just maybe, this is who he is? ~95-100 passer rating, ~60 QBR, ~4000 yards passing.

If our RZ offense was even semi-functional, we would be 5-1 right now with probably a top 3 scoring offense in the NFL. As it is, we have a top 10 scoring offense(per game).

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it's awfully hard to be overly critical of Geno and/or red zone offense when the OL has been in such turmoil. Unless you don't think it matters who makes up the OL, I am just not sure how a firm conclusion can be made on what the problem is there.... other than the patchwork OL situation. Let's see what happens when things stabilize up front just a tad.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor stepped up Sunday and did pretty well after Nwosu got hurt but he's pretty inconsistent. I'd like to see Taylor and Hall share the snaps to keep them both fresh and continue to bring pressures Mafe and the rest of them with the odd, timely blitzes using Witherspoon and Adams.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it's awfully hard to be overly critical of Geno and/or red zone offense when the OL has been in such turmoil. Unless you don't think it matters who makes up the OL, I am just not sure how a firm conclusion can be made on what the problem is there.... other than the patchwork OL situation. Let's see what happens when things stabilize up front just a tad.

Well to play devils advocate to this statement I will say that most teams in the NFL have injuries in the offensive line. I don't think Geno gets an excuse for putting up 150 yards in a game or turning the over. Successful offenses in the NFL will know how to on some level move the ball.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to play devils advocate to this statement I will say that most teams in the NFL have injuries in the offensive line. I don't think Geno gets an excuse for putting up 150 yards in a game or turning the over. Successful offenses in the NFL will know how to on some level move the ball.
Giving Geno a complete pass is not what I am doing, as I've pointed out his mistakes and put a good deal of blame on him for the loss in Cincy. But injuries on the OL matter, and they are not created equally across the league. Our top 10 pick LT has played a game and a half? Our starting RT has played 1 game? The starting 5 has been different every game. That's not a recipe for success on offense, and I think it's the top reason we are struggling in the red zone. It's totally unrealistic to expect Geno to just roll along at peak performance no matter what else is going on. Not even Mahomes is doing that this year.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins might be looking to trade sweat or chase young or both
Depending on what they want, they would both be good options for us.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go and bring back Levi Bell, Sucks to loose Nwosu yes but these things happen. Hurts to lose him for the season 100%. Levi Bell played well in the preseason and i thought he did well enough to earn a roster spot. Well I get they couldn't cut a draft pick that he out performed but now they can slide him up because i believe he is on the practice squad right? He was a standout this preseason he surely can add depth. Sure he is no Nwosu but he would be a fine rotational player for a rookie. Growing pains? Yes but he looked solid, and he looked the part of a NFL player. I also believe he could be a surprise for us. Something like around 3-4 sacks If he plays in a rotation from here on out. If he shows the same determination and want to as he did in the preseason he might get more.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are doing psychoanalysis on a football player during the game? Truly remarkable.

Last year he was the luckiest player ever. This year, despite having largely similar stats, he is not playing with fire?

Maybe, just maybe, this is who he is? ~95-100 passer rating, ~60 QBR, ~4000 yards passing.

If our RZ offense was even semi-functional, we would be 5-1 right now with probably a top 3 scoring offense in the NFL. As it is, we have a top 10 scoring offense(per game).

Yes he was lucky, that is something people can see if they are not blinded by BS. It's the law of averages, something they teach you in school. Some times things just fall your way and what else can you call it but luck when it's not skill related or controlled by any input by you.

as for who he is? Last year was a outstanding year for him, his best ever. The chances he replicates that is not good, and with the luck it took to get there we all ready see how that isn't holding up for him. Yes his luck has not tanked totally as he could have had a pick 6 in the last game and it was an INT most of use here could have caught lol. That was luck. Geno doesn't suck he is very bipolar in his level of play. 1 quarter he is great then the next he looks like the worst QB in the NFL. Some times it's as quick as 1 play he looks like a all star and the very next play he looks like the worse thing since McGwire lol. Geno is 33 and he wont be in the NFL when he is 36 unless he settles this schizophrenia game play. When He was competing for his job last year, he was playing his best. Early in the 2022 season the Hawks would have pulled the trigger on replacing him much easier than now had he played poorly. He didn't, He looked energized and driven. Right now .. yeah it's like lazy feeling.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he was lucky, that is something people can see if they are not blinded by BS. It's the law of averages, something they teach you in school. Some times things just fall your way and what else can you call it but luck when it's not skill related or controlled by any input by you.

People can say he was lucky. You were saying it was some sort of historically lucky season which was absurd.

as for who he is? Last year was a outstanding year for him, his best ever. The chances he replicates that is not good, and with the luck it took to get there we all ready see how that isn't holding up for him. Yes his luck has not tanked totally as he could have had a pick 6 in the last game and it was an INT most of use here could have caught lol. That was luck. Geno doesn't suck he is very bipolar in his level of play. 1 quarter he is great then the next he looks like the worst QB in the NFL. Some times it's as quick as 1 play he looks like a all star and the very next play he looks like the worse thing since McGwire lol. Geno is 33 and he wont be in the NFL when he is 36 unless he settles this schizophrenia game play. When He was competing for his job last year, he was playing his best. Early in the 2022 season the Hawks would have pulled the trigger on replacing him much easier than now had he played poorly. He didn't, He looked energized and driven. Right now .. yeah it's like lazy feeling.

Every single QB has turnover worthy plays that don't turn into turnovers. Every single one.

You've established a standard for Geno that he can never meet because every QB, even the elite ones, make bad decisions or simply fail to execute. Go watch Josh Allen sometime.

And your constant accusations that he is lazy are downright weird.