• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17: Steelers @ Seahawks Thread

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was benched for failing to over his receiver. A CB is there to cover receivers. To prevent them from catching the ball. Wools has been burned by average receivers all season long.

Pete Carroll is not the problem. If there’s a problem with him, it’s being too loyal to assistants who are not developing talent effectively.
he was benched for missing too many tackles via the run and missed tackles after receptions resulting in too many YAC... He also was having too many penalties in passing situations... He definitely took a huge step back this year, imo... Pete wouldn't had benched him if he hadn't taken a step back the way he did...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not getting Harbs. He'll probably end up in LA.
will he want to be in the afc with his brother dominating currently? I think he will want to go NFC, he would get two shots at the niners here.

honestly think it would be great for him here, he would be given control just like carroll was, hire his own GM, draft whoever he wants.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will he want to be in the afc with his brother dominating currently? I think he will want to go NFC, he would get two shots at the niners here.

honestly think it would be great for him here, he would be given control just like carroll was, hire his own GM, draft whoever he wants.

I think Michigan is going to pay him an ungodly amount of money.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is not going to come to Seattle... no reputable coach is going to come here until they see what new ownership is... Jody can't sell the team for another year... and she will almost certainly sell it. New ownership (just like Denver) will want new coaches, new players, new GMs, etc. Next year the best thing we can do is lose every game. I HATE that approach btw... but Carroll/Schneider and a LOT of players are gone. The offense still has a lot of weapons, Metcalf will probably ask to be traded, Lockett is gone, but you got Walker/Charbs/Cross/JSN... grab a QB with a high end pick, and then find your head coach.

The smartest business strategy Allen can pull off, is stick with everything for another year, then sell the whole thing. Can't blame her for that, she never asked for ownership of the team.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is not going to come to Seattle... no reputable coach is going to come here until they see what new ownership is... Jody can't sell the team for another year... and she will almost certainly sell it. New ownership (just like Denver) will want new coaches, new players, new GMs, etc. Next year the best thing we can do is lose every game. I HATE that approach btw... but Carroll/Schneider and a LOT of players are gone. The offense still has a lot of weapons, Metcalf will probably ask to be traded, Lockett is gone, but you got Walker/Charbs/Cross/JSN... grab a QB with a high end pick, and then find your head coach.

The smartest business strategy Allen can pull off, is stick with everything for another year, then sell the whole thing. Can't blame her for that, she never asked for ownership of the team.

Yeah this is most likely what is going to happen.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like Wagner also wants to play another year...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Wagner also wants to play another year...

Saw that... IMO Wagner brings nothing to this defense at this point outside of football IQ - which is important, but unless the scheme is changed and players on the D start caring, it doesn't matter.

This is the worst defense that Carroll has ever put on the field, and regardless of his coordinator, it's his defense... Wagner is a HOFer and one of the best ILBs that ever played, but his days are done. The rest of the players (including the entire secondary which is his niche) have flat out given up on him. Mafe is spent, the DL couldn't give less shits....

Again, Wagner is a stud. But he's done... he's slow as F out there and Carroll playing him that number of snaps week in and out is absolutely ridiculous for his age... Wagner is basically the juked by Tom Brady version of Urlacher at this point...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

she can sell after may I thought, though it will take a chunk of time to find a buyer and finalize everything so yes probably after next season.

which means we are likely to sit through yet another mediocre season.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she can sell after may I thought, though it will take a chunk of time to find a buyer and finalize everything so yes probably after next season.

which means we are likely to sit through yet another mediocre season.

I think you're right. Maybe 2025 was just some random articles I read. Either way she needs to sell it or keep the team and fire Carroll after this season. The team has clearly given up on him. It was a good run, but it's over. If Bezos makes an offer, that's who we need. That guy is Dr. Evil 2.0.. we'll have another Superbowl win by 2027 with that fucker.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right. Maybe 2025 was just some random articles I read. Either way she needs to sell it or keep the team and fire Carroll after this season. The team has clearly given up on him. It was a good run, but it's over. If Bezos makes an offer, that's who we need. That guy is Dr. Evil 2.0.. we'll have another Superbowl win by 2027 with that fucker.

maybe elon will want an NFL team, whats $3b to him?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe elon will want an NFL team, whats $3b to him?

Please no. He'll try to move it to Austin and replace all the football people with SpaceX engineers.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no. He'll try to move it to Austin and replace all the football people with SpaceX engineers.
Cmon maan the first ai run offense could be good

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its fine the nfl will look at rules changes next year

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chargers have a QB in place plus weapons at WR/RB. He fixes the defense they'll give the Chiefs a run for the AFCW. Coming to Seattle he would have to rebuild the defense and find a QBoF.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers have a QB in place plus weapons at WR/RB. He fixes the defense they'll give the Chiefs a run for the AFCW. Coming to Seattle he would have to rebuild the defense and find a QBoF.
Fair points

Will the chargers give him full reign?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems his ego could be to start from scratch