• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Browns @ Seahawks: Week 8

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a fun week w/ the throw backs going into Sunday...

1698262627647.jpeg 1698262661946.jpeg

Also, looks like D. Watson will not play for the Browns... We'll be facing PJ Walker... Watson out vs. Seahawks, P.J. Walker to start...

McIntosh, Eskridge, E. Brown, DK Metcalf are all eligible to practice today... Sounds like Abe is out for at least another week... Frank Clark will play on Sunday...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a fun week w/ the throw backs going into Sunday...

View attachment 344217 View attachment 344218

Also, looks like D. Watson will not play for the Browns... We'll be facing PJ Walker... Watson out vs. Seahawks, P.J. Walker to start...

McIntosh, Eskridge, E. Brown, DK Metcalf are all eligible to practice today... Sounds like Abe is out for at least another week... Frank Clark will play on Sunday...

Is Haynes also practicing? Would be nice to actually have 4 out of 5 starters on the OL especially against a dangerous Browns pass rush (mostly thanks to Garrett). I don't think we're seeing Lucas until the Rams or Redskins game.

Watson vs. Walker I'm whatever with. Seattle seems to suck against backup QBs and Watson has done fuck all since returning from his sexual assaulting anyway.

I think this will be a somewhat low scoring game. Seattle SHOULD be able to exploit the Browns secondary but their DL is so good against the pass. The Browns DL is not AS good against the run, but they're good enough to limit Walker/Charbs.

Browns are one of the better rushing offenses in the league (even with Chubb out) thanks to their OL... going to be a real test for Seattle to see if they are able to maintain as one of the best rushing defenses in the league, especially with Nwosu out. Cam Young has been a bright spot against the run this year. Sucks Nwosu is out... will be interesting whether Frank comes in against run downs or Hall... Mafe has been great this year against the run.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Haynes also practicing? Would be nice to actually have 4 out of 5 starters on the OL especially against a dangerous Browns pass rush (mostly thanks to Garrett). I don't think we're seeing Lucas until the Rams or Redskins game.

Watson vs. Walker I'm whatever with. Seattle seems to suck against backup QBs and Watson has done fuck all since returning from his sexual assaulting anyway.

I think this will be a somewhat low scoring game. Seattle SHOULD be able to exploit the Browns secondary but their DL is so good against the pass. The Browns DL is not AS good against the run, but they're good enough to limit Walker/Charbs.
No... Carroll didn't say if Haynes was going to be able to practice... Sounds like he may be out...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really interesting matchup. Cleveland's D is one of the best this year, but they are having some issues at QB with Watson's bizarre health situation. Could be a very low scoring game.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one to get a feel for. The Browns completely stymied the Niners and then gave up well over 400 yds and 38 points to the Minshew led Colts and only won that game due to 4 turnovers and some rather questionable late game officiating. Hopefully slow down their run game, shut down Cooper and do our best to keep Garrett from wrecking the game. Seems so simple on paper, lol. Anyway, hoping we come away with a win and really looking forward to seeing those kinda, sorta throwbacks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one to get a feel for. The Browns completely stymied the Niners and then gave up well over 400 yds and 38 points to the Minshew led Colts and only won that game due to 4 turnovers and some rather questionable late game officiating. Hopefully slow down their run game, shut down Cooper and do our best to keep Garrett from wrecking the game. Seems so simple on paper, lol. Anyway, hoping we come away with a win and really looking forward to seeing those kinda, sorta throwbacks.

I can't imagine PJ does much... he hasn't looked that great and Cooper is really the only 'threat' they have. That said, the Browns can win this with defense and a rush attack. I know Seattle is one of the better rush defenses in the league at the moment but I think the Browns are the best OL we've faced and Nwosu is out so...

Garrett will likely wreck the game regardless... guy is a fuckin' animal. I'm also concerned about Smith going up against Curhan... I wish Forsythe knew how to play RT.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine PJ does much... he hasn't looked that great and Cooper is really the only 'threat' they have. That said, the Browns can win this with defense and a rush attack. I know Seattle is one of the better rush defenses in the league at the moment but I think the Browns are the best OL we've faced and Nwosu is out so...

Garrett will likely wreck the game regardless... guy is a fuckin' animal. I'm also concerned about Smith going up against Curhan... I wish Forsythe knew how to play RT.

Probably going to be a lot of 2 TE sets on Sunday for us.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably going to be a lot of 2 TE sets on Sunday for us.

I hope so.... I'd also march Charbs out there as he's a better pass blocker than Walker... get Bobo in there as well. This team has pass blockers outside of the OL... just gotta use em'. I don't think this is a game where we need to score more than 10 points if the rush D doesn't shit the bed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so.... I'd also march Charbs out there as he's a better pass blocker than Walker... get Bobo in there as well. This team has pass blockers outside of the OL... just gotta use em'. I don't think this is a game where we need to score more than 10 points if the rush D doesn't shit the bed.

We need Charbs to get healthy.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to see McIntosh ease his way into playing shape...

... and Eskridge? Wonder if he's going to get any PT this weekend...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Charbs to get healthy.

Yah. He's practiced today apparently per Carroll.. so hopefully. We need him this game for his blocking and IMO receiving out of the backfield.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if our guys can keep Ford from getting those explosives he's been getting, that will basically shut down the Browns. Hunt is banged up and really not that effective anymore. Their O-line is pretty good for sure but I think our defense matches up well. It comes down to our offense just playing smart and not giving them momentum with turnovers. I'd be quite happy with an "ugly" win. Being boring is just fine.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw that too. He still has to learn a few things but he needs reps to learn them. I think he can be a major cornerstone for the future.

I dunno if a lot teams didn't need centers or what it was, but the fact he went in the 5th was fairly alarming to me. I thought he MAY sneak into the 3rd but would've been a 4th for sure. I thought Seattle would actually take him with one of their 4ths so it was to my pleasant surprise we snagged him in the 5th.

He's been pretty good in pass blocking but weaker in run blocking which is why up the middle runs with Walker (or off guard/center) are getting crushed... Maybe he can bulk up a little bit and learn it though. Although that said, Evan Brown hasn't been great at run blocking either this year lol.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if a lot teams didn't need centers or what it was, but the fact he went in the 5th was fairly alarming to me. I thought he MAY sneak into the 3rd but would've been a 4th for sure. I thought Seattle would actually take him with one of their 4ths so it was to my pleasant surprise we snagged him in the 5th.

He was the best linemen on one of the best OLs in the country last year. I think he dropped because he was a portal transfer and only had one year at Michigan and is 24 caused him to drop. I was thrilled when we got him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the best linemen on one of the best OLs in the country last year. I think he dropped because he was a portal transfer and only had one year at Michigan and is 24 caused him to drop. I was thrilled when we got him.

Maybe... the age thing doesn't bother me as much since Centers routinely seem to play into their mid-late 30s and be effective.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe... the age thing doesn't bother me as much since Centers routinely seem to play into their mid-late 30s and be effective.

I think the the age think is often overrated.