• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17: NY Jets @ Seahawks *MUST WIN*

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is all a bit overblown. The only teams that really lay down on the last week of the season are the teams that are going to the playoffs.

Every player on the Lions has their own incentive to play hard, as does every coach. Just look at what happened to Doug Pederson in Philly. He laid down on the last game of the season, albeit in a blatant way, and got fired for it and he had won a Super Bowl for them!

IMO, the Lions are going to play hard either way. Knocking out a division rival would be pretty good consolation for them.
Yeah, I generally agree with this, which is why I don't believe in things like "trap games" or "overlooking an opponent" or "playing down" or anything like that. They're all doing what they can to keep their jobs or get a better one.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is all a bit overblown. The only teams that really lay down on the last week of the season are the teams that are going to the playoffs.

Every player on the Lions has their own incentive to play hard, as does every coach. Just look at what happened to Doug Pederson in Philly. He laid down on the last game of the season, albeit in a blatant way, and got fired for it and he had won a Super Bowl for them!

IMO, the Lions are going to play hard either way. Knocking out a division rival would be pretty good consolation for them.
yeah, i'd agree with that... Probably why the Rams will go all out to try and knock us out of the playoffs as well... Plus, Campbell seems like the type of guy who will do just that...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i'd agree with that... Probably why the Rams will go all out to try and knock us out of the playoffs as well... Plus, Campbell seems like the type of guy who will do just that...

Yup. The Rams will be doing their most to beat us. Now they aren't going to rush back Aaron Donald or doing anything that could risk a player but every healthy player will be doing their best to win.