• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Browns @ Seahawks: Week 8

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the the age think is often overrated.

Unless it's Brandon Weeden (basically 29 when the season began, b-day was October) :pound:

Ah the Browns... never fail to amuse us.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the best linemen on one of the best OLs in the country last year. I think he dropped because he was a portal transfer and only had one year at Michigan and is 24 caused him to drop. I was thrilled when we got him.

Jake Bobo was 25 before the regular season started. I really don't think age had much to do with it, i think it's more that Teams valued other positions higher with the poor return people have seen from college olineman in recent years. One of his biggest knocks against him was he was ONLY a center. He lacked flexibility and most teams like their back-up center to be able to play more than one position.

I am grateful no one picked him because we needed a center prospect as it had been one of our weakest positions on the oline since Britt left. It's nice to get the 2nd or 3rd best Center in the NFL draft even if he lacks flexibility to play other positions. I would play him full time and slide brown over to be honest. Brown HAS the flexibility to play other positions at a higher level so why not use him for such.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Bobo was 25 before the regular season started. I really don't think age had much to do with it, i think it's more that Teams valued other positions higher with the poor return people have seen from college olineman in recent years. One of his biggest knocks against him was he was ONLY a center. He lacked flexibility and most teams like their back-up center to be able to play more than one position.

Bobo was a UDFA so I'm not sure how he counters my point. His 40 speed also hurt him a lot.

Look at Mike Penix and Bo Nix. Their age is definitely impacting where they are projected to be drafted. If they were 21 right now it would be very different.

I am grateful no one picked him because we needed a center prospect as it had been one of our weakest positions on the oline since Britt left. It's nice to get the 2nd or 3rd best Center in the NFL draft even if he lacks flexibility to play other positions. I would play him full time and slide brown over to be honest. Brown HAS the flexibility to play other positions at a higher level so why not use him for such.

I do agree that his lack of versatility hurt him as well. Worked out well for us.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Ford is out for this game so it's just Hunt as their lead RB. That makes me feel a little better because frankly, I think Hunt has lost a step. He's barely averaging 3 yds per pop this year, although in limited duty.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if our guys can keep Ford from getting those explosives he's been getting, that will basically shut down the Browns. Hunt is banged up and really not that effective anymore. Their O-line is pretty good for sure but I think our defense matches up well. It comes down to our offense just playing smart and not giving them momentum with turnovers. I'd be quite happy with an "ugly" win. Being boring is just fine.
I think that Ford is going to be Out for the game; he's currently listed as Doubtful. May be a game where everyone gets to see how much gas Kareem Hunt has in the tank, 'cause if they're going to run the ball a ton, you gotta think the vast majority will be him.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobo was a UDFA so I'm not sure how he counters my point. His 40 speed also hurt him a lot.

Look at Mike Penix and Bo Nix. Their age is definitely impacting where they are projected to be drafted. If they were 21 right now it would be very different.

I do agree that his lack of versatility hurt him as well. Worked out well for us.
I think you are right on Penix and Nix, but that logic seems ass-backwards for a QB. If you're drafting a QB high, I assume you want him starting soon... that's the position (IMO), where maturity and a cool-head mean far and away the most, and its not like QBs aren't playing into their mid-30's on the regular.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Ford is out for this game so it's just Hunt as their lead RB. That makes me feel a little better because frankly, I think Hunt has lost a step. He's barely averaging 3 yds per pop this year, although in limited duty.
:ninja:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right on Penix and Nix, but that logic seems ass-backwards for a QB. If you're drafting a QB high, I assume you want him starting soon... that's the position (IMO), where maturity and a cool-head mean far and away the most, and its not like QBs aren't playing into their mid-30's on the regular.

I agree. I honestly don't see much difference between a 22 year old and a 24 year old. They are both going to be fully matured physically.

But a lot of scouts want to think that the younger player will have more upside while the older player they will assume is as built. It's flawed reasoning IMO.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK Metcalf "Unfollowed" the Seahawks on X...

Wonder what is going on behind the scenes...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a fun week w/ the throw backs going into Sunday...

View attachment 344217 View attachment 344218

Also, looks like D. Watson will not play for the Browns... We'll be facing PJ Walker... Watson out vs. Seahawks, P.J. Walker to start...

McIntosh, Eskridge, E. Brown, DK Metcalf are all eligible to practice today... Sounds like Abe is out for at least another week... Frank Clark will play on Sunday...

The game won't be televised here, dammit. I like the Seahawks old school uniforms.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game won't be televised here, dammit. I like the Seahawks old school uniforms.

Most of us would like to go back to them or a slight variation. The current jerseys I've never really been a big fan of.... It looks like someone did the background fill in MS Paint and didn't draw any lines and made everything dark blue... and then was like, "Hmm, that's too dark...." and had their 5 year old kid 'spice it up' with some neon green lines. Bleh. Whatever.

Even when they had the home blue top and white bottoms (which was somewhat better) it still baffled me why they didn't do silver bottoms.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of us would like to go back to them or a slight variation. The current jerseys I've never really been a big fan of....
Yeah, I don't like our jerseys that much either... Which is why I haven't purchased one... I purchased the JSN Throwback this year... Only one I own...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't like our jerseys that much either... Which is why I haven't purchased one... I purchased the JSN Throwback this year... Only one I own...
I have my throwback Largent jersey, my wolf grey Russ jersey, and my dark blue Sherm jersey.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only one I bought was I gave a friend like $100 for a Lynch jersey a long time ago but it was the authentic one (the ones that cost like $300) lol. He was like, "I really don't want this anymore, I'll sell it to ya cheap." lol.

Other one I have is a Matt Hasselbeck jersey. My Dad and I went to a game (think first Seahawks game we'd gone to in CLINK at the time) and he saw everyone with Seahawks swag and was like, "Let's get some jerseys!" He got a bit swept up and it was endearing.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should 100% go full time throwbacks, most teams should honestly. The whole late 90s early 2000s dark drab color schemes have outlived themselves.