• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cardinals at Seahawks Week 7

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda crazy to think we could easily be …5-1 right now … 4-2 is still decent though.

Very VERY easily could be 5-1 and if you ask me they SHOULD be 5-1.... But.... hate to beat a dead horse so i wont. LMAO

All i want is competent play and the ability to understand the situation THATS ALL I WANT!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see J. Adams play another good game... For the 2nd straight game making big tackles, plays for the defense... He's made those around him better, instantly... I'd give J. Adams an, A today... It's great to have his energy and athleticism out there...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see J. Adams play another good game... For the 2nd straight game making big tackles, plays for the defense... He's made those around him better, instantly... I'd give J. Adams an, A today...

Dont jinx it.

I think Witherspoon makes those around him play better. His injection and being fully healthy has made a HUGE difference on this defense. He is a BEAST out there. He has over shadowed Jamal Adams play. We all knew Adams should be a Linebacker and thats where he is playing 90% of the time now lol. Lets just hope he can continue to stay on the field. :hope: The man is made of glass.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont jinx it.

I think Witherspoon makes those around him play better. His injection and being fully healthy has made a HUGE difference on this defense. He is a BEAST out there. He has over shadowed Jamal Adams play. We all knew Adams should be a Linebacker and thats where he is playing 90% of the time now lol.
Witherspoon definitely does as well... I hope I didn't jinx it... Having JA and Witherspoon on the field together is a huge, added bonus for the defense... Witherspoon continues to make me feel better about passing on JC each game...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the defense continues this trajectory. Fucking penalties cost us or more precisely cost Spoon. The kid would have had a pick and a sack if not for flags. Maybe the play of the day though was that hit on Moore. It didn't knock the ball loose and the Cards still got a first down but damn if it didn't give me a flashback to Bam Bam Kam on Demaryius Thomas.
images%2FvoltaxMediaLibrary%2Fmmsport%2Fthebiglead_en_international_web%2F01hdcrdajbkmrrg1022f.png

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to see J. Adams play another good game... For the 2nd straight game making big tackles, plays for the defense... He's made those around him better, instantly... I'd give J. Adams an, A today... It's great to have his energy and athleticism out there...
Jamal is a talent, hopefully he’s kinda letting up on the gas a bit and knowing when to go all out and when to chill to stay healthy …

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the defense continues this trajectory. Fucking penalties cost us or more precisely cost Spoon. The kid would have had a pick and a sack if not for flags. Maybe the play of the day though was that hit on Moore. It didn't knock the ball loose and the Cards still got a first down but damn if it didn't give me a flashback to Bam Bam Kam on Demaryius Thomas.
images%2FvoltaxMediaLibrary%2Fmmsport%2Fthebiglead_en_international_web%2F01hdcrdajbkmrrg1022f.png
Yeah, the penalties are irritating for sure... Witherspoon was all over the place again today... Wish he could've recorded the INT and sack for his stat line...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a big shout out to Jordan Brooks. He played great today. This defense is shaping up into something special.

Glad you said this because i was going to say something about him. I think this was the best all around game he has ever played and I 100% believe it's because Bobby is coaching him up. He was playing much smarter today. Still don't like seeing him dropping 15 yards into coverage though letting people catch balls in front of him only to make the tackle AFTER the 1st down. I think that is more on Hurtt's Design ( it's bad ). He needs to be in their back pockets when taking those short over the middle throws and smacking them as soon as they are pulling the ball in.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now i can't see how Witherspoon WOULDN'T win the Defensive Rookie of the year award but it's still early. He is my favorite at this point to win it, if the season ended today I have ZERO doubts that he would win it in a land slide. Give him back the INT and Sack and he gets Defensive player of the week again.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I continue to pick out the crow I'm going to have to eat regarding Witherspoon....

Also Bobo and JSN looked good today. @Dr. Strangelove was it you that mentioned trading DK Metcalf? Because I'm seriously starting to think that needs to happen.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now i can't see how Witherspoon WOULDN'T win the Defensive Rookie of the year award but it's still early. He is my favorite at this point to win it, if the season ended today I have ZERO doubts that he would win it in a land slide. Give him back the INT and Sack and he gets Defensive player of the week again.

Carter is having a pretty good year with the Eagles. So far it's between Witherspoon and Carter though for DROY.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I continue to pick out the crow I'm going to have to eat regarding Witherspoon....

Also Bobo and JSN looked good today. @Dr. Strangelove was it you that mentioned trading DK Metcalf? Because I'm seriously starting to think that needs to happen.
njigba played ok, had at least one big drop
bobo is a good story, but he still has a lot to prove
i dont think i would jump to trading metcalf just yet, unless a huge offer comes through.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
njigba played ok, had at least one big drop
bobo is a good story, but he still has a lot to prove
i dont think i would jump to trading metcalf just yet, unless a huge offer comes through.

He still draws a ton of double teams as well... guess where I was going is could you package him with the 2024/25 1st rounders for Maye or Williams.

Will be interesting to see what happens against the Browns. I wonder if we start using less tight ends... JSN to the outside, Metcalf outside, Lockett as #3 slot, and Bobo as a blocker + #4 seems insane to me. Put Zach in as your back (great pass blocking)..

Eh dunno.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think you'll get a first but not where you think in the draft. I don't see teams drafting top 10 trading for DK.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to Baton Rouge for the weekend to see my alma mater get totally smoked by LSU, but what a great experience to see a night game in Death Valley! A few my quick comments before jumping on my bike and riding 500 miles back home today:
  • How about that defense?! It looks so much different to me than it did the first few games, and it's 3 games now where I think they are pretty close to being kind of unit needed to support a contending team. Jamal Adams & Spoon are maniacs, flying around crushing ballcarriers and playing like their hair is on fire. Spoon's best play didn't even count, and he still had a great game. What a total stud. Bobby & Brooks also played very well. Jarran Reed should be a pro bowler.
  • Weird day/performance for Geno. Much of the game I thought he played really well, but then he also had a few incredibly poor plays that sapped a lot of that enthusiasm. Sometimes he just tries too hard to make a play that he's just not athletically able to make. Overall, I think I give him a B on the day, but probably closer to a B- than a B+.
  • Good to see JSN step up with DK out and make an impact with his best game so far. Bobo also had a good day, though I still cannot believe they ruled that a TD.
  • Has Pete ever won 2 challenges in a game? I didn't think he would get either one. Maybe the most bizarre aspect of yesterday's game.
  • RZ struggles continue for the offense. Having drives stall inside the 2 yard line is maddening. With Walker back there, how can we not pick up a yard in 3 shots at it from the 1??? We some serious height at WR & TE. It might be time to start taking advantage of that a little more.
I came away thinking the margin of victory should have been a lot more than 10 points, but then again I also saw multiple 1-win teams getting Ws in the early window so I'll never be upset with a win. It also never really felt to me like we were not in control of the game. The dumb turnovers and other unforced errors allowed the score to remain closer than the feel of the game. Gotta make fewer mistakes vs Cleveland.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know Geno is up and Down, We all know he has arm talent THAT has never been the issue and his game today some might feel wasn't as bad as others see it. He walked away with 2TD and 1 INT and 1 Fumble. Many of you have heard me talk about turnover worth plays and many of you called them BS. Go to the 3:05 mark of this video and this would have changed the game this is what they count as a turnover worthy play and would have most likely turned into a Pick 6. In the NFL on a 83%+ average these plays do in fact lead to turnovers. Geno's for some reason last year were in the 40% range and THATS why he was able to have success, thats not something he controls and is not something that is sustainable. BTW This ball 100% should have went to Lockett.

I copied the URL at 3:05. Geno has a issue with reading a defense and decision making. He has ALWAYS had this issue and the only time he comes out of that is when he just plays, plays with a fire plays on timing plays with a passion. Since the midway point of last season he knew he was lock in as the starter and has lost that determination and want to. He needs to get it back, to put that chip back on his shoulder. I know you all think i Hate Geno but i was in the Minority here when i supported him when Wilson went down with the finger injury in 2021. I do not hate Geno I just have a better understanding of what seems to make him function. He needs that pressure of losing his job or he gets complacent which turns him back to his bad habits.

There is a HUGE difference between hating someone and having and understanding of what's the issue is with them. Just go look at his career, that's all you have to do.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that was me Shark. I can seriously see a scenario where we could move up to get one of these top QBs by moving DK now. Remember he's only 25 and a couple of those teams with likely high picks won't be looking at QB and a big WR would be tempting to them if they have a young QB they are developing. We may have to throw in some draft picks but I don't believe it would take two firsts. I seriously believe a first and third in 24 and maybe a second in 25 with DK is enough to get a top 5 pick.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you said this because i was going to say something about him. I think this was the best all around game he has ever played and I 100% believe it's because Bobby is coaching him up. He was playing much smarter today. Still don't like seeing him dropping 15 yards into coverage though letting people catch balls in front of him only to make the tackle AFTER the 1st down. I think that is more on Hurtt's Design ( it's bad ). He needs to be in their back pockets when taking those short over the middle throws and smacking them as soon as they are pulling the ball in.
Having Bobby back as the Mike is what Jordan needed, imo. He can just go out and attack the ball which is his strong suit. When he had the mike, he just was having to think too much and was passive. It's just not the right fit for him. He is also in a contract year so looking at a big payday. At any rate, yesterday was the best game Brooks has had as a Hawk, no question. Taylor had a big game too. Our boys are gelling nicely.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was me Shark. I can seriously see a scenario where we could move up to get one of these top QBs by moving DK now. Remember he's only 25 and a couple of those teams with likely high picks won't be looking at QB and a big WR would be tempting to them if they have a young QB they are developing. We may have to throw in some draft picks but I don't believe it would take two firsts. I seriously believe a first and third in 24 and maybe a second in 25 with DK is enough to get a top 5 pick.

Have to see how this year turns out before we really get into this talk. Hawks have played some of the weakest teams in the NFL and are 4-2 YAY! They might only win 2 or 3 more games the rest of the way and end up with a top 10 pick.

The teams they have beat have a combined record of 8-19 EIGHT AND NINETEEN! Thats awful and they should beat those teams. Only the Lions had a winning record and they account for 5 of those 8 wins LMAO! Remove that Lions game and the record is 3-17. OOF!!!

The Teams they have lost to have a combined record of 6-7 .... uhm uh yeah so under .500 teams

Remaining games W/L
Browns 4-3
Ravens 5-2
Commanders 3-4
Rams 3-4
49ers 5-1
Cowboys 4-2
49ers 5-1
Eagles 6-1
Titans 2-4
Steelers 4-2
Cardinals 1-6
total W/L Record 42-30

Hawks have to come out of the next 4 weeks with at least 3 wins because after that things get REALLY tough facing only 2 teams the rest of the way with losing records. Hell they only face 2 teams in the last 7 that have more than just 2 loses. ( right now )

Last edited: