• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs 49ers - Week 14

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagine what metcalf could do in a different offense with better coaches.
And just think how he'd be if the new coaching staff we hired isn't successful? It's not a guarantee that our coaching will be better right out of the gate...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with the Seahawks the last 4-5 years is they have no identity, they don’t know who they are… Defense is up and down, QB play is meh… they sometimes run the ball well, sometimes don’t, sometimes do ok on defense, sometimes don’t .. No consistency, no identity … Our Championship team YOU knew what they were, always consistent defense, solid QB play, great running team with Beast mode, pure consistency … We just haven’t been able to capture that since .. We need a change of direction, because I don’t think this is gonna change at this point, we’re stuck in mediocrity … I’ve lost faith in Pete giving up so much draft stock with Jamal Adams, and thinking Blair Walsh was a good idea …

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock did okay. One interception was stupid (and one of DKs TWO targets after the 1st drive) and one was whatever. There's a reason why DK is frustrated. He was wide open MULTIPLE times downfield against a backup corner. I understand it's a backup QB but Geno is missing those throws as well. I would not be surprised if DK requests a trade in the offseason unless Carroll is fired.

It still blows my mind why Seattle routinely has to snap the ball with 1 second on the playclock ALL the time. I don't get it. You're not throwing off the defense at all when you do that... they know it's comin'... Pete has done this recently for years and defenses have 100% caught on.

Jamal Adams and Diggs are some of the worst safeties in the game (I was hanging on to hope, but after that game Jamal is done - cut him, F trade and signing 100% in hindsight... I was wrong)... yet we are paying the most to our safeties out of any team. Absolutely ridiculous.

SF is the best team in the league (or close), yet we have a defense and even offense littered with high end picks, expensive free agents, trades, etc. It's a COACHING problem. The talent on the 9ers and Seahawks is not THAT big of a gap. What is? The coaching. The coaching gets an AUTO F grade this season. It's absolutely horrid and a lot of people didn't want to come to terms with that in week 1, but it pretty much told ya what ya need to know.

I don't want to beat Philly. I want them to ANNIHILATE us because it's the only way we can move on from Pete who is COMPLETELY washed up (first time losing 4 games in a row with Seattle, about to be 5 times in a row... has the worst points allowed in his career on D and yards allowed is pretty close, coming off last season where it was terrible as well and we did this stupid 2-3 down lineman bullshit and then spent a TON of capital and money on HIS defense).

When Philly annihilates us, if Jody doesn't fire Pete I have zero faith this team will do anything until Jody sells the team. Even if Carroll dies in a couple years, if Jody is still allowing him to coach, the replacement will be just as bad.

There is zero chance that Jody fires Pete no matter what happens on Monday.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with the Seahawks the last 4-5 years is they have no identity, they don’t know who they are… Defense is up and down, QB play is meh… they sometimes run the ball well, sometimes don’t, sometimes do ok on defense, sometimes don’t .. No consistency, no identity … Our Championship team YOU knew what they were, always consistent defense, solid QB play, great running team with Beast mode, pure consistency … We just haven’t been able to capture that since .. We need a change of direction, because I don’t think this is gonna change at this point, we’re stuck in mediocrity … I’ve lost faith in Pete giving up so much draft stock with Jamal Adams, and thinking Blair Walsh was a good idea …
i don,t see carroll going anywhere.i know it sucks for seahawks fans.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is zero chance that Jody fires Pete no matter what happens on Monday.

Then, whatever. We're in purgatory. This team isn't doing fuck all until Jody or Pete resign professionally or spiritually (and please anyone who comes along, don't misread that as I want someone to die... have a bit of common sense).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then, whatever. We're in purgatory. This team isn't doing fuck all until Jody or Pete resign professionally or spiritually (and please anyone who comes along, don't misread that as I want someone to die... have a bit of common sense).

No way Jody fires Pete mid-season. Just no chance.

The problem is that we will wind up winning 2 or 3 of our last 3 games. And that will be "evidence" of the team turning things around.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don,t see carroll going anywhere.i know it sucks for seahawks fans.
Yeah, he’s being given a pass because of his early success here, and I don’t think Jody Allen is real hands on…. It’s probably gonna be up to Pete when he wants to retire … I think Paul Allen would have already made the move if he was still here with us.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he’s being given a pass because of his early success here, and I don’t think Jody Allen is real hands on…. It’s probably gonna be up to Pete when he wants to retire … I think Paul Allen would have already made the move if he was still here with us.
i,m pretty sure he would have moved on from him by now too.i,m not a seahawks fan,but paul allen was a very good businessman who would have seen the writing on the wall.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Jody fires Pete mid-season. Just no chance.

The problem is that we will wind up winning 2 or 3 of our last 3 games. And that will be "evidence" of the team turning things around.

I didn't say midseason, I meant end of season. And you're probably right, with the Titans/Cardinals we need to lose one of those... the Steelers we'll probably get destroyed.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Pete Carroll throwing his own secondary under the bus. Jamal Adams was a player on the HOF path until Carroll got ahold of him. Diggs and Love were fine until they started doing that stupid ass soft zone 24/7... The problem Carroll, is YOU. LEAVE please. Retire. That's the best thing you can do for the Seahawks organization. That will force Allen to sell it to a far more competent owner, and call it a day.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will force Allen to sell it to a far more competent owner, and call it a day.
Who? I cant think of anyone local that could afford it except bezos and MAYBE ballmer but he owns the clippers already i dont know if he could own two teams.

Otherwise its someone who could be a threat to move the team

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who? I cant think of anyone local that could afford it except bezos and MAYBE ballmer but he owns the clippers already i dont know if he could own two teams.

I dunno either. But I guess let's just rip the band-aid off if that's gonna happen? I don't want to see Seattle tank 2 more seasons after that only to watch them go anyway...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Seattle down 20-3 and need to get a stop here with 1 minute and 15 seconds left on the clock. San Fran pinned within their own 20, Seattle getting the ball after halftime. Pass to McCaffrey, on the move, and FUMBLE! Boye Mafe comes up with a huge hit on McCaffrey who fumbles the ball recovered by Love! What a play by the standout 2nd year player!"

*moments later*

"After a huge turnover, Seattle with the ball on San Fran's 13 yard line, looking to get back in this game. Lock steps back, throws... and INTERCEPTED! Fred Warner grabs it and there is NOBODY that is going to catch him! TOUCHDOWN NINERS! What a fantastic read by Warner! His fourth interception of the year! Extra point is good and the 9ers are up 27-3 heading into halftime!"

There ya go.
I'm shocked this didn't happen

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It can be done. Josh Harris owns Sixers, devils and Commanders.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock did okay. One interception was stupid (and one of DKs TWO targets after the 1st drive) and one was whatever. There's a reason why DK is frustrated. He was wide open MULTIPLE times downfield against a backup corner. I understand it's a backup QB but Geno is missing those throws as well. I would not be surprised if DK requests a trade in the offseason unless Carroll is fired.

Geno's injury happened Thursday, so Lock got like maybe 1.5 days of reps as the QB1? Given that plus the blast furnace that is the SF defense, I wasn't expecting much good QB play. But Lock was surprisingly poised and played well for multiple stretches in the game. He did throw 2 INTs -- his arm clearly hit at the end of the game, and then the other was a deep shot to DK that wasn't on target. I am not sitting here thinking Drew Lock is going to be the guy for the next 10 years, but I also don't think we should just dump him. I hope somehow he gets to play out the rest of the season so can at least remove doubt one way or the other.

SF is the best team in the league (or close), yet we have a defense and even offense littered with high end picks, expensive free agents, trades, etc. It's a COACHING problem. The talent on the 9ers and Seahawks is not THAT big of a gap. What is? The coaching. The coaching gets an AUTO F grade this season. It's absolutely horrid and a lot of people didn't want to come to terms with that in week 1, but it pretty much told ya what ya need to know.

I dunno, I think the talent difference is still pretty substantial. I definitely think the Hawks have some very talented players on both sides, but in most of the critical position groups there's a clear SF advantage. Nick Bosa, Trent Williams, George Kittle, Christian McCaffrey and probably Deebo Samuel are all game changing type players that would be substantial upgrades over anything we have at those positions. Probably Purdy as well, as he's #1 in pretty much everything but yards. DK is supremely talented, but it hasn't translated to the field quite like what SF gets from Deebo. However, we do have quite a few 1 or 2 year players that have the potential to close the gap depending on how good they end up being. Could be time just as much as coaching.

I don't want to beat Philly. I want them to ANNIHILATE us because it's the only way we can move on from Pete who is COMPLETELY washed up (first time losing 4 games in a row with Seattle, about to be 5 times in a row... has the worst points allowed in his career on D and yards allowed is pretty close, coming off last season where it was terrible as well and we did this stupid 2-3 down lineman bullshit and then spent a TON of capital and money on HIS defense).

When Philly annihilates us, if Jody doesn't fire Pete I have zero faith this team will do anything until Jody sells the team. Even if Carroll dies in a couple years, if Jody is still allowing him to coach, the replacement will be just as bad.

I know lots of people are shitting all over the team right now, but I really doubt we get annihilated by Philly. They don't really do that to teams, and lately they have looked no better than us. The Eagles are definitely not as talented as SF, and that was pretty obvious when they played 8 days ago. I expect a pretty tight game despite how disparate the records are.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice call on the ejection Shark.

Why thank you Shark... would you like to have a nice bourbon with me tonight?

Yes I would. We will discuss the ejection?

Yes, among other sexual activities.
Nat Geo Wildlife GIF by National Geographic Channel

Orca Joe heard bourbon

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say this team is about 1 more loss (philly) from completely imploding and it's probably needed. Lose out the rest of the way and get into position to draft a QB.

Reactions: MrS

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be done. Josh Harris owns Sixers, devils and Commanders.
Could he financially do it? Im not sure how wealthy he is currently.

Ballmer is notoriously an asshole and ive heard microsoft was pure hell to work for when he was ceo.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could he financially do it? Im not sure how wealthy he is currently.

Ballmer is notoriously an asshole and ive heard microsoft was pure hell to work for when he was ceo.
Might have to look outside the state for a top bidder.