• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5- Seahawks vs. NY Giants

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a video on that @Screamin12th . The announcers also kind of eluded to the same thing. I think they were pretty sneaky about it, but I don't think it was illegal. If Simmons jumped directly over the long snapper that's a penalty, or if he boosted himself off the other guys, etc. that's a penalty. But what he did here per the video I think was legit...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a video on that @Screamin12th . The announcers also kind of eluded to the same thing. I think they were pretty sneaky about it, but I don't think it was illegal. If Simmons jumped directly over the long snapper that's a penalty, or if he boosted himself off the other guys, etc. that's a penalty. But what he did here per the video I think was legit...

Its about the man pushing DOWN on the center you are not allowed to do that. It was put in to protect the centers in the NFL because they were getting injured BECAUSE of this.

I was wrong about the time limit thats only in college.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will make the rule more clear I bet after the season. Just like how a New York team Beating the Seahawks got instant replay brought back this will get another line added to the rule book. Bet me.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will make the rule more clear I bet after the season. Just like how a New York team Beating the Seahawks got instant replay brought back this will get another line added to the rule book. Bet me.

Yah I bet they further clarify the rule. Cause other teams are gonna start doing this.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its about the man pushing DOWN on the center you are not allowed to do that. It was put in to protect the centers in the NFL because they were getting injured BECAUSE of this.

I was wrong about the time limit thats only in college.
Okay....

Say they Call it?

Did we do enough to win the game?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay....

Say they Call it?

Did we do enough to win the game?
It definitely doesn't change the fact they played like crap for almost the entirety of the game that's for sure. However a new set of downs at around the 20 yard line with a minute left, they're in a good spot to pull it out.

Regardless I agree with everyone saying it's not a penalty as the rule is currently written.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely doesn't change the fact they played like crap for almost the entirety of the game that's for sure. However a new set of downs at around the 20 yard line with a minute left, they're in a good spot to pull it out.

Regardless I agree with everyone saying it's not a penalty as the rule is currently written.

True.

But same for that Missed PI on the Lockett Target

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is zero doubt the Hawks played like crap. But did they? Did they play like crap or are they just, well, crap?