• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Rams Week 1

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the expectation, no?

Well I think we all expected that anointed, we would've just been pleasantly surprised, otherwise lol.

That said, I would've expected our #5 OVERALL fuckin' pick to get his ass out there.. (jury is still out, but especially if Kupp doesn't play that dork is probably not suiting up).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Adams the biggest Mistake this franchise EVER made.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Adams the biggest Mistake this franchise EVER made.
Mine goes to Brian Bozworth... In 1987 he signed a 10 year, $11,000,000 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, including a $2,500,000 signing bonus, $2,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,100,000. Back then - that was a lot of money...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine goes to Brian Bozworth... In 1987 he signed a 10 year, $11,000,000 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, including a $2,500,000 signing bonus, $2,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,100,000. Back then - that was a lot of money...
boz didnt cost us two 1sts, including a top 10 pick.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boz didnt cost us two 1sts, including a top 10 pick.
Due to his salary and top NFL busts of all time status, it set the franchise back... Adams did not set the franchise back...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got plans but I'll be listening on TV

So want to see this to do to LA on sunday

smackdown live pain GIF by WWE

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to his salary and top NFL busts of all time status, it set the franchise back... Adams did not set the franchise back...
the jury is still out

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the jury is still out
Adams could have 12 sacks this year and the jury would still be out... ;)

At least Adams is, for the most part, productive when he plays - Boz was not...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams could have 12 sacks this year and the jury would still be out... ;)

Thats not true, Boz was more productive when he played than Adams has been at least HE played injured, Adams plays and he GETS injured. He was actually pretty decent Linebacker and I use it as a test to see if people were fans back then. If they were not fans they say Boz was bad but he wasn't bad he was just broken and got ran over by Bo Jackson who ran over EVERYONE! When Boz was on the team he was as good as any other Linebacker on the team at the time. He was just expensive but back then teams didn't have the Cap troubles they have now.

Look at the Hawks right now they are tight against the Cap and they have like the 4th youngest team in the NFL, that normally NEVER works like that. Normally the younger teams are the ones with the Cap space. Having Jamal's 19 million and a couple more 1st and a 2nd would look way better than it does right now for this team.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now before people pile on me i am not saying he was a probowl Linebacker but he was a serviceable pro and played well, the issue was he had two bad shoulders because of his steroid use in college. He will always be listed as a top 5 or 10 bust in the NFL because of his mouth, bad boy attitude and the flash that surrounded him but the limited ( 3 years ) of NFL playing time. He fooled everyone in the NFL and the Hawks grabbed him in the supplemental draft. Had he been healthy up top ( his shoulders ) he would have been a top notch Linebacker because he had good speed and tracked well. He was strong as an ox and knew how to play, he just was done before ever getting into the NFL.

He turned that college fame into a fortune and i Myself wish he would have been healthy because he had all the tools and it showed up on the field when he would crush people he just couldn't lift his arms over his shoulders anymore with out massive pain. He loved the game and played hurt because of that love. He was always in the right place but had a hard time finishing because of those shoulder but more often than not he did enough to do his job. When he was on the field he was almost always the one making plays but his career will always be looked at from the 1 yard line when a Bo Jackson with a 7 yard head start ran into him at full speed and carried him 2 yards into the endzone. Jackson would have moved a semi 2 yards if he ran into it like that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams on the other hand is a Safety and he can't play Safety. He can't cover, he can't catch, he cant turn and locate. He misses 50% of the games and is making the MOST MONEY on the team. The next closes person is DK who is almost 5 million behind him.

Had Jamal been Cut post June 1st the Hawks would have saved 8.5 million and have 9 million in Dead cap 2024 but then it's OVER. now they have to pay him 18+ million. If they cut him Post June 1st next season they have a dead cap hit of 7 million for 2025 so they would have actually saved 26 million had they cut him this year but they didn't and next season that dead money only drops down 2 million but it goes on till 2025. They should have got out from under his contract because that 8.5 million in saved cap space would put them from 22nd most cap space to 5th most and have it done and over with.

He is STILL INJURED on a injury that has a 6 month time frame on returns. It happened over a year ago next Sunday!

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can't agree with of this. Boz was a good player despite the Bo Jackson incident (which I still think is cheap to describe that as him getting run over). His career stopped because of shoulder issues, not because he couldn't play at the NFL level. Jamal Adams cost this team WAY more to acquire, and he really hasn't done jack here. Just this off-season we were debating in here on whether it would be better to cut him and save cap space. I didn't mind the trade at the time because I though Adams was a HOF level talent just entering his prime, but I would reverse that in a nanosecond. He still may end up being good for a couple years, but there's no realistic pathway at this point for this trade to be anything but a huge mistake.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can't agree with of this. Boz was a good player despite the Bo Jackson incident (which I still think is cheap to describe that as him getting run over). His career stopped because of shoulder issues, not because he couldn't play at the NFL level. Jamal Adams cost this team WAY more to acquire, and he really hasn't done jack here. Just this off-season we were debating in here on whether it would be better to cut him and save cap space. I didn't mind the trade at the time because I though Adams was a HOF level talent just entering his prime, but I would reverse that in a nanosecond. He still may end up being good for a couple years, but there's no realistic pathway at this point for this trade to be anything but a huge mistake.
I don't understand the, "hasn't done Jack here" comment... When he's hurt and not playing... Yes... His first season here he had 9.5 sacks; 6 tackles for loss in 12 games... That's a bit more imo than "Hasn't done jack", imo... Bozworth had 4 sacks in his rookie year...

Drafting Boz was a waste with our #1 Supp pick... Kinda like trading away a 1st... Yeah, we gave up 2 for Adams... I get that but we also gave up a lot for Boz, which included a huge contract... If you're going to use Adams injuries against him - you need to use them against the Boz as well...

It's just interesting to see everyone's tune when we traded for him and then see how it is now...

2020 Hawks Offseason Thread:

Adam's career is still not finished here in Seattle...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not true, Boz was more productive when he played than Adams has been at least HE played injured, Adams plays and he GETS injured. He was actually pretty decent Linebacker and I use it as a test to see if people were fans back then. If they were not fans they say Boz was bad but he wasn't bad he was just broken and got ran over by Bo Jackson who ran over EVERYONE! When Boz was on the team he was as good as any other Linebacker on the team at the time. He was just expensive but back then teams didn't have the Cap troubles they have now.

Look at the Hawks right now they are tight against the Cap and they have like the 4th youngest team in the NFL, that normally NEVER works like that. Normally the younger teams are the ones with the Cap space. Having Jamal's 19 million and a couple more 1st and a 2nd would look way better than it does right now for this team.

That always annoys me when the biggest draft busts of all time get mentioned and Boz is on there and EVERYONE seems to remember the Bo Jackson thing. First off to your point, Bo Jackson ran over most linebackers and even D lineman at times. He was arguably one of the greatest athletes of all time, his body just couldn't keep up. Second, he didn't RUN OVER Boz... he simply pushed with him enough to get into the endzone but Boz was making that tackle before he hit the goal line. It's not like Jackson went in standing up and you can actually see at the last minute Bo realizing Boz was trying to strip him the way he clutches the ball when he falls.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the, "hasn't done Jack here" comment... When he's hurt and not playing... Yes... His first season here he had 9.5 sacks; 6 tackles for loss in 12 games... That's a bit more imo than "Hasn't done jack", imo... Bozworth had 4 sacks in his rookie year...

Drafting Boz was a waste with our #1 Supp pick... Kinda like trading away a 1st... Yeah, we gave up 2 for Adams... I get that but we also gave up a lot for Boz, which included a huge contract... If you're going to use Adams injuries against him - you need to use them against the Boz as well...

It's just interesting to see everyone's tune when we traded for him and then see how it is now...

2020 Hawks Offseason Thread:

Adam's career is still not finished here in Seattle...

I thought the trade was great. But so far I've been wrong. It is puzzling to me Adams had a FULL year to recover and he's still not back. He's listed 3rd on the depth chart so I assume he's nowhere ready to come back.

That said, I agree his first year with Seattle was decent (pro bowl and 2nd AP team - guy set an NFL record for sacks by a DB), although it wasn't the elite play the Jets get out of him, but Seattle was running a weird defense his second year (Adams had no sacks) and Wilson sucked so, bleh...

I'd say it's a little too early to call Adams a bust but if he doesn't play this year and then we cut him next year, I'd certainly say that's the case. Boz was a bust as well, due to injuries... I just get annoyed when everyone brings up the stupid Bo Jackson thing.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the trade was great. But so far I've been wrong. It is puzzling to me Adams had a FULL year to recover and he's still not back. He's listed 3rd on the depth chart so I assume he's nowhere ready to come back.

That said, I agree his first year with Seattle was decent (pro bowl and 2nd AP team - guy set an NFL record for sacks by a DB), although it wasn't the elite play the Jets get out of him, but Seattle was running a weird defense his second year (Adams had no sacks) and Wilson sucked so, bleh...

I'd say it's a little too early to call Adams a bust but if he doesn't play this year and then we cut him next year, I'd certainly say that's the case. Boz was a bust as well, due to injuries... I just get annoyed when everyone brings up the stupid Bo Jackson thing.
Agreed... Almost every single one of has been wrong... I just don't like using injuries as a basis to say our FO botched a pick or trade... Rashaad Penny was never injured coming into the NFL... Sad circumstances w/ all his injuries in the NFL because I had high hopes for that guy... I think he's going to tear it up in Philly if he doesn't tear anything on his body up first... Adams played all 3 seasons for the Jets and only missed 2 games... It's unfortunate that he's missed time here in Seattle like he has... I'm sure he'd rather be playing and helping the team win...

I too don't like it when people link Bo Jax to Boz being a bust..

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... Almost every single one of has been wrong... I just don't like using injuries as a basis to say our FO botched a pick or trade... Rashaad Penny was never injured coming into the NFL... Sad circumstances w/ all his injuries in the NFL because I had high hopes for that guy... I think he's going to tear it up in Philly if he doesn't tear anything on his body up first... Adams played all 3 seasons for the Jets and only missed 2 games... It's unfortunate that he's missed time here in Seattle like he has... I'm sure he'd rather be playing and helping the team win...

I too don't like it when people link Bo Jax to Boz being a bust..

Oh with Philly's line, if Penny stays healthy, he will probably lead the league in rushing. Penny always looked great IMO - I was a huge fan of him and actually called Seattle drafting a runningback that year in the 1st. I didn't think it'd be Penny but I thought they'd take one. I also called them taking a RB early this year as well. Dumbass analysts: "D/F grade, they have Walker!?" Me: "Yah, who was injured 3 times his rookie year, to start the season, played injured 2 games, and then was out another one, and guess who already had a groin issue in the offseason?" Morons.

Outside of that... Penny when healthy was a great runner. Good vision, good speed, quick movement. Not as shifty as Walker but IMO is a bit more powerful. Penny could resurge in Philly and then we have to listen to all the dumbass Philly fans and ESPN analysts who nuthug Philly talk about how Seattle let one of the greats go... :L

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to actual topic:

Pretty big... I can't imagine a world where Witherspoon is rushed out there or gets many snaps. With Kupp out and the Rams possibly having the worst linebacker/secondary group in the NFL, not sure how we lose this game but who knows... Rams always play us tough it seems.

Not sure if you guys saw the depth chart this week by a few things of note:

1) Charbonnet is listed as the 3rd RB. Dallas is 2nd behind Walker. That will be interesting. Assuming it's because of the injury because wasting a 2nd on a RB to put him 3rd on the chart makes no sense.

2) Adams is listed as 3rd SS which makes me think he's still not healthy. Yeesh.

3) Tre Brown beat out Jackson which is crazy to me because I thought Jackson played decent last year. Witherspoon is behind Brown which may be injury but if the plan is to make a #5 overall pick a fuckin' nickel/3rd string CB what the actual fuck?

4) Jordyn Brooks is listed as the starter next to Bobby. That is INSANE recovery time if that's the case... Brooks was very athletic in College and he's still young, but damn that's fast... Bell played decently and Drake Thomas looked good in LV so it'll be interesting if he plays.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other updates from Pete today (injury related):

Pete said JSN is expected to play. I don't know if he'll be limited (obviously not on the field every snap as the #3 unless God forbid Lockett or Metcalf go down) but I hope he's 100%. I hope they're not marching him out at like 90%. I know it's week 1 and the Rams are a division opponent who play us tough, but don't want him to really F up his wrist. Taylor is also good to go. So our EDGE should be insane. Cam Young is also ready to go which is great (just for rest/depth).

Brooks is ready to go but may be limited, so wouldn't be surprised if we see Bush out there on some downs or show a 3-3-5 front with Bryant in the nickel as well. Bush had a good preseason though and at one point we thought he'd be the starter while Brooks recovered, so who knows. Gametime decision either way.

Witherspoon, Hall, and Morris all practiced today but Witherspoon was not given the same confirmation as JSN. Of that bunch, I actually think with Kupp out Morris is the most needed because our DL is just thin as hell. We will need Witherspoon for Detroit.

McIntosh sounds like he'll be back at some point (sooner than later).. Pete also said he's been making good progress so it doesn't sound like a season or career ending thing. And that is good because DeeJay Dallas as our punt returner... good God...

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3