• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Rams Week 1

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good breakdown of Dave Wyman's take on the DB's not really having chemistry on a play... Would be part of the reason Tre Brown got replaced by M. Jackson...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good breakdown of Dave Wyman's take on the DB's not really having chemistry on a play... Would be part of the reason Tre Brown got replaced by M. Jackson...

That's pretty much coaching and scheme... what most of us have been saying. I saw it when Adams got here too... The one play that was a HR TD and everyone blamed Adams, that was NOT Adams' guy, the CB was playing man when it should've been zone and he dragged across when he should've dropped back. Adams even knows it and points (while looking at the QBs eyes) to give his corner HELP (who should be dropping back and have a beat on the WR). Naturally the CB is completely running the wrong thing, Adams you can see is pissed off... but....

A bunch of dorks on the Internet are like, "Adams can't cover and allowed a homerun TD." NO HE FUCKING DIDN'T. He was one of the best cover safeties in the league UNTIL HE GOT TO SEATTLE. He didn't forget how to cover.

Whatever... it's such a broken record at this point. Carroll is just flat getting out-coached these days. And when I say 'these days' that's like the last 4-5 years.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abe Lucas placed on IR... He's out 4 games...

Peters does not excite me... A 41 year old LT who hasn't gone through training camp/work outs, has disaster written all over it...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abe Lucas placed on IR... He's out 4 games...

Peters does not excite me... A 41 year old LT who hasn't gone through training camp/work outs, has disaster written all over it...

I mean I guess you gotta march someone out there... I thought Forsythe was pretty decent but not sure why Curhan is our backup RT.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much coaching and scheme... what most of us have been saying. I saw it when Adams got here too... The one play that was a HR TD and everyone blamed Adams, that was NOT Adams' guy, the CB was playing man when it should've been zone and he dragged across when he should've dropped back. Adams even knows it and points (while looking at the QBs eyes) to give his corner HELP (who should be dropping back and have a beat on the WR). Naturally the CB is completely running the wrong thing, Adams you can see is pissed off... but....

A bunch of dorks on the Internet are like, "Adams can't cover and allowed a homerun TD." NO HE FUCKING DIDN'T. He was one of the best cover safeties in the league UNTIL HE GOT TO SEATTLE. He didn't forget how to cover.

Whatever... it's such a broken record at this point. Carroll is just flat getting out-coached these days. And when I say 'these days' that's like the last 4-5 years.
is jamming not a thing anymore?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the point of having a back up if you will just sign a free agent when your starter goes down. I guess they thought it would be better to sign Peters now in case another team signs him if their tackle goes down.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very proud to say that my (3) daughters, 20, 22 and 24 years old all know football very well... They are very respectful of the game and understand all faucets of the game... At their High School games the boys would always be amazed on how well my girls knew the game of football... Football was/is a huge tradition in our family... My son-in-law always thanks me for teaching my girls about sports... ;)

We've been season ticket holders for the Cougars for a very long time till recent but we would have a tradition every year since they were little tykes... We would go to their home coming game and we would purchase Coug Sweatshirts each year... We just did it again last weekend vs Wisconsin...

Very proud father... :D
Well, that's awesome!! Our daughter (21 now) went with us to many of the games, but I can't say she was super into it. She quit going to all but 1 or 2 per season the last few years we had our tickets. I certainly know females who are football-smart as well as males who are not, but the overall trend is pretty clear. It's definitely refreshing to sit down somewhere with a football game on and have a discussion with a female watcher that doesn't go something like, "I'm rooting for the blue team...who's winning?"

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the point of having a back up if you will just sign a free agent when your starter goes down. I guess they thought it would be better to sign Peters now in case another team signs him if their tackle goes down.
Well, teams also tend to sign a vet FA QB when the starter goes down even when there is a younger player in the backup slot. You still have to manage the roster, and experience is valuable. Sometimes the younger "backup" is there for the long term plan and development, and sometimes the vets are more equipped to be able to step in on more or less no-notice and play at a level that represents less drop-off in the short term.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's awesome!! Our daughter (21 now) went with us to many of the games, but I can't say she was super into it. She quit going to all but 1 or 2 per season the last few years we had our tickets. I certainly know females who are football-smart as well as males who are not, but the overall trend is pretty clear. It's definitely refreshing to sit down somewhere with a football game on and have a discussion with a female watcher that doesn't go something like, "I'm rooting for the blue team...who's winning?"

I mean, one of the reasons I can't do Super Bowl parties. Because the women always get to chattering (some guys too), then everyone is like, "QUIET QUIET THE COMMERCIALS!" and then some chick comes by and is like, "oh my God how's my coleslaw/salad/bean dip, etc." and then some jackass wants to rewind some dumbass commercial and then everyone is talking about the halftime show. Naturally people arrive late and then everyone has to greet the assholes that arrive late like they're royalty or something... If you tell anyone to "SHUT THE FUCK UP I CAN'T HEAR" you're the big meanie and get the sideye.

The level of rage that goes through me attending Super Bowl parties... eh whatever, that's why I haven't attended one in over a decade.

That basically goes for regular games too. I just saw you type 'super' in your second sentence and got triggered.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, one of the reasons I can't do Super Bowl parties. Because the women always get to chattering (some guys too), then everyone is like, "QUIET QUIET THE COMMERCIALS!" and then some chick comes by and is like, "oh my God how's my coleslaw/salad/bean dip, etc." and then some jackass wants to rewind some dumbass commercial and then everyone is talking about the halftime show. Naturally people arrive late and then everyone has to greet the assholes that arrive late like they're royalty or something... If you tell anyone to "SHUT THE FUCK UP I CAN'T HEAR" you're the big meanie and get the sideye.

The level of rage that goes through me attending Super Bowl parties... eh whatever, that's why I haven't attended one in over a decade.

That basically goes for regular games too. I just saw you type 'super' in your second sentence and got triggered.
Totally agree. The only way that scenario works is if there are multiple viewing rooms, with at least 1 dedicated to people who care more about the game than the commercials and half time show.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. The only way that scenario works is if there are multiple viewing rooms, with at least 1 dedicated to people who care more about the game than the commercials and half time show.

Yah but someone gets a little too much to drink and comes wandering in... and women have the power of boobs and can distract other people 'dedicated' to the game. Only way that works is with a keycard or optical scanner for entrance to the room and a person at the door with a .45.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah but someone gets a little too much to drink and comes wandering in... and women have the power of boobs and can distract other people 'dedicated' to the game. Only way that works is with a keycard or optical scanner for entrance to the room and a person at the door with a .45.
Nah, a 9mm should be plenty enough firepower for human targets at close range not wearing body armor.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, a 9mm should be plenty enough firepower for human targets at close range not wearing body armor.

I prefer the .45, especially with those new plastic cement implants comin' out of Mexico!

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard watching Jalen Carter....so good.:doh::doh::doh:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry guys! We'll get our midget corner who weighs 180 lbs soaking wet out there soon enough to only be injured in the 1st quarter!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt watch much of the game but I see carter had 2 tackles, 1 for loss.
addison had another touchdown reception, 62 yards.
not good for our first round picks.