• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Rams Week 1

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good video worthwhile watching - especially those of you that constantly bash Jamal Adams. I have to agree with this video... our scheme just flat out sucks and whoever we bring in seems to just magically start playing like trash. Hell had we drafted Carter he probably would've been dropping into zone coverage.. whatever.

Seems like there's zero point trading for Chris Jones or Buckner etc. at this point. Nobody is going to help us as long as this dumbass scheme exists.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It remains to be seen whether we have talent on D or not. We still have basically zero interior pass rush which allows the QB to step into his throws.

To follow up on this point..

Your edge rushers can't succeed if the QB can simply step up in the pocket.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually meant to post this one.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good video worthwhile watching - especially those of you that constantly bash Jamal Adams. I have to agree with this video... our scheme just flat out sucks and whoever we bring in seems to just magically start playing like trash. Hell had we drafted Carter he probably would've been dropping into zone coverage.. whatever.

Seems like there's zero point trading for Chris Jones or Buckner etc. at this point. Nobody is going to help us as long as this dumbass scheme exists.

LoL Carter dropping into zone coverage, I don’t think any of us would be surprised at this point … I think Pete is turning into a mad scientist

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@flyerhawk again I think the talent is there, it's just not being used correctly and the scheme is not working.

In the video I linked, look at Jamal Adams. He was an elite safety (one of the best in the league) with actually GREAT coverage skills in New York. QBs were rating in the mid 70s against him.

Came to Seattle? All the sudden he's allowing QBs 90s/100s in rating, he drops to a mediocre safety, etc. Yah injuries are one thing, but it seems whenever we bring in a free agent these days, they just suck. Jones looked like shit, Reed okay played fine but end of day we had 2 QB pressures, I don't care what the win rate was if it's not producing results. Hell even think back to Jimmy Graham? One of the best TE/WR hybrid weapons in the league. What do we do? Have him block... it's not the first time.

I was screaming all year on this forum as I'm sure you recall about these dumbass 2 down lineman fronts... and yet we're right back to it. Yay we stopped the run, and got abused in the pass. Yay we stopped the pass, and get abused in the run. As I posted earlier, this is not anything new. The last 4-5 years we've been allowing absolutely ridiculous yardage to backups, guys at the end of their career, teams that just aren't very good, etc.

To me we could go trade for Buckner/Jones and I don't think it will do fuck all unless Pete gets his head out of his ass. It's not even Hurtt at this point, Carroll basically just puts a yes man in that position. I thought it was Norton so I guess I gotta apologize to that guy, but I think it had nothing to do with Norton... Norton was just like, "Yes sir Mr. Carroll sir."

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@flyerhawk again I think the talent is there, it's just not being used correctly and the scheme is not working.

In the video I linked, look at Jamal Adams. He was an elite safety (one of the best in the league) with actually GREAT coverage skills in New York. QBs were rating in the mid 70s against him.

Came to Seattle? All the sudden he's allowing QBs 90s/100s in rating, he drops to a mediocre safety, etc. Yah injuries are one thing, but it seems whenever we bring in a free agent these days, they just suck. Jones looked like shit, Reed okay played fine but end of day we had 2 QB pressures, I don't care what the win rate was if it's not producing results. Hell even think back to Jimmy Graham? One of the best TE/WR hybrid weapons in the league. What do we do? Have him block... it's not the first time.

I was screaming all year on this forum as I'm sure you recall about these dumbass 2 down lineman fronts... and yet we're right back to it. Yay we stopped the run, and got abused in the pass. Yay we stopped the pass, and get abused in the run. As I posted earlier, this is not anything new. The last 4-5 years we've been allowing absolutely ridiculous yardage to backups, guys at the end of their career, teams that just aren't very good, etc.

To me we could go trade for Buckner/Jones and I don't think it will do fuck all unless Pete gets his head out of his ass. It's not even Hurtt at this point, Carroll basically just puts a yes man in that position. I thought it was Norton so I guess I gotta apologize to that guy, but I think it had nothing to do with Norton... Norton was just like, "Yes sir Mr. Carroll sir."

It's always been Pete's defense. And I think he keeps dreaming that we will return to the 2013 era team that had 4 Hall of Fame level players plus a few Pro Bowlers and they could just out execute everyone.

I don't know if it is scheme. Maybe it is. But it is really hard for fans to know whether a defense is failing due to scheme or execution. But yesterday, it completely failed.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah because playing Jamal Adams at the LOS is bad... oh wait. Also Brandon Nelson? I have forgot more about football than he knows. If you want to listen to his opinion thats on you but the fact you would linked HIS video is a joke. He is for the 10 year old Seahawks fans.

He thinks 55 snaps is way to much for Jones to play ... that's all you have to hear him say to prove he is not very knowledgeable as the Rams had 78 plays on offense and the Hawks are missing Dline players.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah because playing Jamal Adams at the LOS is bad... oh wait. Also Brandon Nelson? I have forgot more about football than he knows. If you want to listen to his opinion thats on you but the fact you would linked HIS video is a joke. He is for the 10 year old Seahawks fans.

Well I'm just saying there's some valid points there... not saying all his videos are good. Just saying I agree the scheme sucks and I don't think we're getting the best out of players.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm just saying there's some valid points there... not saying all his videos are good. Just saying I agree the scheme sucks and I don't think we're getting the best out of players.

Our DC sucks ass, but you all wanted to get rid of Norton when he didn't have shit on the defensive side of the ball other than Wright and Wagner. Now we got some talent and our Defense is every bit as bad as those under talented units when in fact they shouldn't be just based off the talent alone. The Hawks should have brought Dan Quinn back when they had the chance but they wiffed. Well can't even say they wiffed because they didn't even attempt it. That Dallas D looked mighty impressive. They gave up 171 total yards and 0 points.

Reactions: MrS

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol not sure where that comment came from but I didn't want to be a jerk about it.

@seattlefan75 they allowed over 10 3rd down conversions and 25+ first downs. Every single Rams drive in the second half resulted in points. We allowed a 9 minute first possession drive with 16 plays resulting in a TD (when your defense is supposed to be rested after your offense just scored).

We missed some tackles, applied no pressure on the QB whatsoever, allowed wide open passes, and allowed a home run ball that 9 times out of 10 any QB in the NFL would hit but it was a bit too far overthrown.

I'm not going to excuse the offense either, who put together 4 three and outs (yes there was a first down, due to a penalty though) in the second half... it didn't help matters.

I understand however the point I was trying to get at is from me looking at the game they didn't beat us on talent they beat us on scheme and coaching. With that I am not of the mindset that this defense sucks but more that the coaches need to get their act together. When a QB throws a bomb downfield that is a rushing the passer issue, if he throws medium for big gains that's a corner/DB issue. The whole game Stafford was throwing into these gaps and the receiver would get a few extra yards for either a 1st down or 8 yards.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can,t believe they let the rams win in seattle
The belief that, "Seattle doesn't lose at home" hasn't been a thing for the past 2 seasons and doesn't exist anymore... We haven't been dominant at home like we used to...

• 2023: 0-1 at home
  • 2022: 5-4 at home...
  • 2021: 3-5 at home

8 wins; 10 losses over that span...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? We had only 2 QB hits on 41 drop backs by Stafford...

Well the defense is not just QB hits we also crushed their run game which was a major problem last year. You have to give credit where you give critisism.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the offense has to shoulder a big load on this loss And Geno was most of it also. The Defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs! they did a good job slowing them down but 3rd down was the issue. They couldn't stop anyone on 3rd down and couldn't convert on 3rd down. What did the Hawks have, one 3rd down conversion the WHOLE second half?

I see to many people giving Geno a Pass but had Wilson still been here and played like Geno did yesterday OMG! People would be screaming "Trade him for a box of Donuts!" I hate watching players that look like they would rather still be in bed than playing football and thats what Geno looked like out there.

I always felt Russell was getting passes for his time in Seattle. I think because geno is a likable person and story that nobody is talking to him crazy.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The (primarily run) defense got grief in here during the pre-season. I remarked that we weren't looking at the actual defense because the likes of Bobby, Jordyn Brooks (who I thought played well Sunday but hasn't been mentioned much), Jarran Reed, Dremont Jones, Diggs, Jamal Adams, Woolen, Devon Witherspoon, etc. played 0 snaps or very few. It doesn't make what we saw on Sunday acceptable, but isn't it at least possible that it's an unrealistic expectation that they would just step out there for the first time together and not have issues? I am upset as anyone else about what I saw, but I need to get a few more data point of THIS defense before I write it off. We changed a lot in the off-season, so it's not the same ol' same ol'. Let's give it a little time to work before we lump it in with the units of the last couple years.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The belief that, "Seattle doesn't lose at home" hasn't been a thing for the past 2 seasons and doesn't exist anymore... We haven't been dominant at home like we used to...

i can relate as a commanders fan they are more of a joke than competitive football team

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the defense is not just QB hits we also crushed their run game which was a major problem last year. You have to give credit where you give critisism.
You're right, its not just QB hits... When we stop their run game, they're not passing... When they're passing, we only got 2 QB hits on 41 drop backs...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, our home dominance has been gone for a while now

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are talking to 85 year old Jason peters, this is a very bad sign.