• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Rams Week 1

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hurts to see that, its demoralizing. Even if carter doesnt become elite, not taking a chance on him when he filled a hole this team has had for many years is sickening.
Taking a CB, just fuck my shit up

Witherspoon may wind up being the better player. Long way to go certainly.

But Carter really would have been a great fit for this team.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witherspoon may wind up being the better player. Long way to go certainly.

But Carter really would have been a great fit for this team.
they took a CB with an injury who then held out demanding a fully guaranteed contract over the DT they sorely needed. Thats a hard pill to swallow.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carroll and Hurtt need to take a hike. It's not just this game, it's the last 4-5 years... just this soft zone, no pass rush or front 4 pressure... the game that happened yesterday has happened plenty of times over the last few years. Allowing guys like Goff, Dalton, Prescott, Murray, Schaub (remember that?), New England NEWTON, Purdy/Lance, etc. to have these 350 to almost 500 yard games while they also might run all over us is just pathetic.

Tired of seeing receivers just WIDE the F open after like 2-3 seconds lol. Yesterday, guys that are just WIDE open, no contention whatsoever. Sure they may get picked up quick, but the pass is just DERP there.

I wish I had the screenshot from yesterday, but there was a replay where it was behind the Rams LOS on a passing play (so kind of from Stafford's view) and he of course does kind of a mid range underneath pass for the first. Out of the corner of your eye, Tre Brown (or maybe it was Jackson, couldn't tell) was literally just standing there on the sideline covering like 25 yards down the field. There was not a Rams player IN SIGHT. Like, what the absolute fuck? I wish I had the screenshot, MAYBE there was another guy out of camera view running towards him on a crossing route, but I was scratching my head big time. It's like we were playing 10 on the field.

And that's what gets me with this defensive scheme over the last 5 or so years. It seems like we have 9 or 10 guys on the field. Like we're just missing guys or something. Maybe it's in my head because of this stupid 2 down lineman crap (yeah I know we still rush 4, although they do fuck all) and I think we're missing the 3rd guy or something for the traditional 3-4 lol...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no play makers on D right now, not a single guy that will step up and make a play at a pivotal time. No game wreckers, carter could have been that guy.
Honestly if we had the #1 pick they'd find a way to fuck that up too

I think Carroll and Hurtt need to take a hike.
Schneider should go too then, he is the genius behind fucking up almost every first round pick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they took a CB with an injury who then held out demanding a fully guaranteed contract over the DT they sorely needed. Thats a hard pill to swallow.

He wasn't injury prone in college. And I don't care about the 2 day hold out.

But Carter was a guy that checked a lot of boxes for us.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a bit odd for an injured rookie to hold out and demand a fully guaranteed contract? Small red flag maybe?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carroll and Hurtt need to take a hike. It's not just this game, it's the last 4-5 years... just this soft zone, no pass rush or front 4 pressure... the game that happened yesterday has happened plenty of times over the last few years. Allowing guys like Goff, Dalton, Prescott, Murray, Schaub (remember that?), New England NEWTON, Purdy/Lance, etc. to have these 350 to almost 500 yard games while they also might run all over us is just pathetic.

Tired of seeing receivers just WIDE the F open after like 2-3 seconds lol. Yesterday, guys that are just WIDE open, no contention whatsoever. Sure they may get picked up quick, but the pass is just DERP there.

I wish I had the screenshot from yesterday, but there was a replay where it was behind the Rams LOS on a passing play (so kind of from Stafford's view) and he of course does kind of a mid range underneath pass for the first. Out of the corner of your eye, Tre Brown (or maybe it was Jackson, couldn't tell) was literally just standing there on the sideline covering like 25 yards down the field. There was not a Rams player IN SIGHT. Like, what the absolute fuck? I wish I had the screenshot, MAYBE there was another guy out of camera view running towards him on a crossing route, but I was scratching my head big time. It's like we were playing 10 on the field.

And that's what gets me with this defensive scheme over the last 5 or so years. It seems like we have 9 or 10 guys on the field. Like we're just missing guys or something. Maybe it's in my head because of this stupid 2 down lineman crap (yeah I know we still rush 4, although they do fuck all) and I think we're missing the 3rd guy or something for the traditional 3-4 lol...

The problem with the defensive scheme is it is designed to prevent the big play and force the other team to convert a lot of 3rd downs because they keep taking chunks. The problem is that they are consistently doing just that. You simply cannot allow the other team to convert 70% of their 3rd downs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a bit odd for an injured rookie to hold out and demand a fully guaranteed contract? Small red flag maybe?

He wasn't injured at the time. He got injured when he came back.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the defensive scheme is it is designed to prevent the big play and force the other team to convert a lot of 3rd downs because they keep taking chunks. The problem is that they are consistently doing just that. You simply cannot allow the other team to convert 70% of their 3rd downs.

And yet Stafford was about a foot away from a home run ball (think it would've been like a 70 yarder) yesterday lol.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't injured at the time. He got injured when he came back.
He didnt workout at the combine because he was injured. They drafted him knowing he had an injury.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didnt workout at the combine because he was injured. They drafted him knowing he had an injury.

#29, #32, and #38.... I mean I'm with ya dude.

Imagine his excitement to get back after that game... he's gonna be like, "Bro fuck that shit. Uh coach, OH MAN, my hammy is still a little sore. I better take it easy...."

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can never play a down and not worry about money. Scary thought.

This should be Carroll's last go of they dont turn it around. There are no excuses if they have a losing season.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D.K. Metcalf is a hothead with no impulse control. He will continue to cost the team with his unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

He should have been called during the last game last season for one late in the game that could have cost the Seahawks a playoff spot.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can never play a down and not worry about money. Scary thought.

This should be Carroll's last go of they dont turn it around. There are no excuses if they have a losing season.

I think most of us assumed that Carroll had to take a step forward this year to stay the coach.

Yesterday was a bad example of coaching.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst player on our DL yesterday was D. Taylor... Seems like he was always getting stood up at the LOS... He literally was none existent with the amount of time he played... Her was just terrible...