• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Rams Week 1

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is kick off week and there is no team that we love playing more than Aaron Donald and the Rams. It is week only week 1 and of course there is no such thing as a must win your first week but opening up the season at home to a divisional opponent is not a game we want to lose. I can't think of any player that has given the Seahawks as much hell as Aaron Donald I can't wait for that guy to retire. We never want to underestimate the Rams, TM is a very good coach and if their offense connects and moves the ball a lot with Stafford and Cooper Kupp and our offense doesn't match tempo it can be a rough time out there. How is everyone else feeling?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are a real playoff team we have to win this game. The Rams are fielding a JV squad that happens to have Stafford and Donald. Kupp is a maybe. But their defense is a who's who of who's that?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These games with the Rams used to always put a lump in my throat because of how they just always seemed to wreck our offensive gameplan time after time, year after year. They could be bad and we could be good, and it was still a chore to squeak out a win.

Feels a bit different now, which is an odd vibe when you look at the teams' QB situations now vs then. Not sure what the Rams have as an advantage in this matchup, aside from maybe memories of all those headaches they gave us in recent years.... maybe none worse than the home playoff loss in the '20 season against a QB combo of John Wofford and broken-thumb Jared Goff. After laying that turd, I was convinced (and probably not alone) that Pete had to go in order to get over the hump with the Rams and get back to SB contention. Crazy how things work out sometimes.

This should be a 4-foot putt. You may miss one every now and then, but you certainly step up to the ball and sweep through with the clear vision of it going in. I expect Pete to go heavy run early to control the pace and wear them down. I am hoping for a defensive performance that doesn't leave us worried about whether they did enough in the off-season. Would be a huge disappointment to tube this one.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are a real playoff team we have to win this game. The Rams are fielding a JV squad that happens to have Stafford and Donald. Kupp is a maybe. But their defense is a who's who of who's that?

The same could be said about our team last year outside of DK and Jamal Adams

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same could be said about our team last year outside of DK and Jamal Adams

Well I would say that we had more than that, although maybe not a lot of elite talent. Tyler Lockett, Diggs, Brooks, Nwosu. Of course none of us expected Geno to step up and none of us expected to have an absolute beast of a draft like we did.

The Rams secondary has a starting unit that included a 2022 7th rounder, 2022 4th rounder, 2021 4th rounder and their vet is a 2020 6th round pick.

They have 3 rookies starting on their defense.

It's possible that the Rams find a bunch of diamonds but I wouldn't bet the farm on that happening.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Lockett is an elite talent. I don't understand why so many people write off that he has been one of the best WR's in the NFL for a while now.

"A route-running wizard with a knack for theatrics, Seattle Seahawks receiver Tyler Lockett may be the most underappreciated star in the NFL today. As voters continue to miss wide right keeping him off All-Pro and Pro Bowl teams, they're also failing to notice a Canton-worthy career in the works."

I understand when Media outside of Washington ignore his "ELITE" talent but it disgusts me when supposed Hawks fans ignore him.

"Over the past five years, both on and off the field, few receivers in the NFL have had a greater impact for their franchise than what Tyler Lockett has for the Seattle Seahawks.

"A living, breathing highlight reel, Lockett shows off his Charmin-soft hands, smooth ballerina footwork, and exquisite ball-tracking skills almost every Sunday for Seattle. A master at executing toe-drag swag along the sideline and reeling in difficult passes over the shoulder like Willie Mays, only a select handful of receivers in today's game rival him in consistency and productivity between the lines."

"Despite being the only player in the sport with eight or more touchdown catches over the previous five years, he's never been selected to an All-Pro team or even made a single Pro Bowl squad in that span."

"Starting the extraordinary streak in 2019 while being aided by Metcalf's presence across from him, Lockett has rattled off four consecutive seasons with at least 70 receptions, 1,000 receiving yards, and eight receiving touchdowns, including doing so in 2022 with Geno Smith replacing Wilson under center. No other player, including perennial All-Pro talents Davante Adams and Travis Kelce, has accomplished that feat during the same span."

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope our much improved interior Oline can slow down A.D. and allow our offense to click from the opening kickoff. Put the pressure on them to try and match our firepower and throw the ball. Stafford is good for a pick or two and depending on what Kupp can do, it should give the Hawks a distinct advantage. Really hoping the team can jump out to an early big lead and force McVay's hand. We should win this one handily but it's the Rams and they always fight us tooth and nail to the bitter end. I actually have opening Sunday off and get to watch so I will be sitting down with my dinner and enjoying it. I'm still getting used to this 4 hours difference in the time zones. Anyways, hoping for a great year. I think it will be a fun team to watch. All the best to you and your families fellas. #gohawks

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like a few of you have said already - It doesn't seem to matter how bad the Rams are, they always seem to stifle our offense and keep the games close... The last game of the season last year was another great example of that... They were in shambles and then acquire Baker Mayfield and starts for him w/out any good weapons around him... Geno had one of his worst games of the season that day and we squeaked by 19-16... On paper, we should've throttled them...

I expect this game to be no different... On paper we should throttle them but it's probably going to be an ole fashioned, grind it out type of a game... 23-20 is my prediction... Hawks....

** Kickoff week isn't until next week...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like a few of you have said already - It doesn't seem to matter how bad the Rams are, they always seem to stifle our offense and keep the games close... The last game of the season last year was another great example of that... They were in shambles and then acquire Baker Mayfield and starts for him w/out any good weapons around him... Geno had one of his worst games of the season that day and we squeaked by 19-16... On paper, we should've throttled them...

I expect this game to be no different... On paper we should throttle them but it's probably going to be an ole fashioned, grind it out type of a game... 23-20 is my prediction... Hawks....

** Kickoff week isn't until next week...

Oh wow my bad I thought it was this week. I was wondering why there was no Thursday opener game going on this week haha. Well that is good that's another week of JSN can rest to heal up.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow my bad I thought it was this week. I was wondering why there was no Thursday opener game going on this week haha. Well that is good that's another week of JSN can rest to heal up.
Yep, and I think I really like having an idle weekend in between. Definitely great for fantasy drafts.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and I think I really like having an idle weekend in between. Definitely great for fantasy drafts.
Same... I like it this way for the same exact reason... Should be interesting though with teams having 2 full weeks to prepare for one another with their 53 man rosters...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also good to get JSN another week of rest and while Jamal Adams may be reinjured soon enough, for him as well.

But yah, the Rams have definitely always played us tough in the Carroll era. We just don't seem to have an answer for Donald...

That said, if Seattle can't score 24+ points this game I really have no clue wtf the problem is. The Rams have arguably the worst secondary in the league, and nobody else of note on defense outside of Donald lol.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Kupp had a set back with his hamstring and may not play in week 1...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also good to get JSN another week of rest and while Jamal Adams may be reinjured soon enough, for him as well.

But yah, the Rams have definitely always played us tough in the Carroll era. We just don't seem to have an answer for Donald...

That said, if Seattle can't score 24+ points this game I really have no clue wtf the problem is. The Rams have arguably the worst secondary in the league, and nobody else of note on defense outside of Donald lol.
JA out week 1. Same story different week.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Bell was on kjr earlier today and alleged that they drafted witherspoon to shore up the nickel run defense. fuck me if he is right about that.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JA out week 1. Same story different week.
Can't say that I'm surprised by that really. Only just got put onto the active roster so I figured on a couple of weeks of precautionary. The dude is too injury prone to rush back in and the team should win this game anyway and he wouldn't be a difference maker being on a snap count. Better to get him 100% healthy and playing at the top of his game for the second half of the season when it matters most. Thanksgiving on, the schedule is brutal.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got $50 on the Hawks win + o43.5

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kupp also suffered a setback and is day to day according to sources, so he may not be able to go week 1 either (or may not be 100%). That at least helps.

Carroll said Love will play SS to fill in for Adams (no surprise there). Witherspoon still a question mark.