• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Rams Week 1

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other updates from Pete today (injury related):

Pete said JSN is expected to play. I don't know if he'll be limited (obviously not on the field every snap as the #3 unless God forbid Lockett or Metcalf go down) but I hope he's 100%. I hope they're not marching him out at like 90%. I know it's week 1 and the Rams are a division opponent who play us tough, but don't want him to really F up his wrist. Taylor is also good to go. So our EDGE should be insane. Cam Young is also ready to go which is great (just for rest/depth).

Brooks is ready to go but may be limited, so wouldn't be surprised if we see Bush out there on some downs or show a 3-3-5 front with Bryant in the nickel as well. Bush had a good preseason though and at one point we thought he'd be the starter while Brooks recovered, so who knows. Gametime decision either way.

Witherspoon, Hall, and Morris all practiced today but Witherspoon was not given the same confirmation as JSN. Of that bunch, I actually think with Kupp out Morris is the most needed because our DL is just thin as hell. We will need Witherspoon for Detroit.

McIntosh sounds like he'll be back at some point (sooner than later).. Pete also said he's been making good progress so it doesn't sound like a season or career ending thing. And that is good because DeeJay Dallas as our punt returner... good God...

Excited to see JSN play... Glad his injury wasn't serious... He's going to be a special player...

Brooks even being at the point where we're talking about him playing is pretty impressive in itself... He must of drank some of Russell Wilson's special healing water...

Hall is one of the rookies i'm pumped about the most... I feel like he's going to be one of our biggest surprises in the draft...

Tre definitely outplayed MJax in the preseason... It honestly wasn't even close... Glad that PC stayed true to "compete" and started the player who won the competition whether he was a starter last season or not... Too be honest, MJax was pretty bad this preseason...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre definitely outplayed MJax in the preseason... It honestly wasn't even close... Glad that PC stayed true to "compete" and started the player who won the competition whether he was a starter last season or not... Too be honest, MJax was pretty bad this preseason...

That's what I read too, although apparently the competition is still there. I don't think Brown is a LOCK to start for Sunday. Both are going to be activated for obvious reasons. OH also forgot to mention in my prior depth chart post, Coby Bryant was moved to FREE SAFETY. I thought that was really interesting as I figured he'd be more of a strong safety type.

I know we just restructured Diggs but I like Bryant as a backup option for sure and he has a better chance to survive on this team instead of at CB where we're pretty stacked.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Brown was the starter over Jackson till he got injured. Jackson played like DOG SHIT in the preseason and he was only a serviceable CB last year. He is nice to have as depth but i would rather that he didn't start. I would 100% rather see Bryant play CB than Jackson, to many times he was just toast out there. yes he had a few good plays but his bad ones were more plentiful.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Brown was the starter over Jackson till he got injured. Jackson played like DOG SHIT in the preseason and he was only a serviceable CB last year. He is nice to have as depth but i would rather that he didn't start. I would 100% rather see Bryant play CB than Jackson, to many times he was just toast out there. yes he had a few good plays but his bad ones were more plentiful.

You and I are 100% on the same page with putting Bryant on the outside as a starter.... it's the reason I was freaking out on this forum about the Witherspoon pick.

Not sure if you saw another post of mine Screamin but they now have Bryant listed as a free safety backup which is interesting..... Jackson was okay but I'd like to see Brown vs. Bryant more. And I know PFF and analysts roasted Bryant last year at pass defense, but he never played nickel. He was an outside corner 100% in College (to my recollection). Again, interesting they moved him to FS.

And then Witherspoon.. I just.. the horse has been beaten to death. If that dork isn't the #2 starting corner SOON fuck that pick. You don't draft a #5 overall pick to sit on the sideline or be the #3 on the depth chart.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Thursday updates.

Brooks/Mafe didn't practice but Brooks was a coaches decision (rest) and Mafe has an illness which could just be a cold or flu or something. I think both will be good to go Sunday.

JSN/Morris/Taylor ALL full participation in practice which is great so we'll definitely see all of em'.

Hurtt said they are excited with Witherspoon, sounds like he's full in practice (limited yesterday). I imagine he'll get some action, just not out there a ton.

Concerning that Lewis didn't practice with a shoulder issue. Could be resting given he's a vet but given how often Lewis is injured that could be a problem with Donald.

Also Ken Walker is back on the list with that fuckin' groin issue again and was limited... I hope it's just limited to get him ready but the fact he's obviously still got an issue is concerning.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Toney catch the ball?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Adams the biggest Mistake this franchise EVER made.
The Jets drafted him ahead of Mahomes. Stick that little diddy in your back pocket for the next time a Jets fan trash-talks about our Jamal trade.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Placed a parlay bet on the Lions covering and the Seahawks winning by at least 6.

Rams defense is incredibly putrid. Even with Aaron Donald they're arguably one of the worst in the NFL right now. Just take a look at their defensive depth chart and honestly tell me how many of those guys you recognize.

Honestly if the Seahawks lose to the Rams at home I'd wager they don't even sniff the playoffs this year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury updates:

So Carroll basically said Lewis is expected to play and the shoulder injury is not major concern which honestly was one of my biggest concerns. We don't have a great backup LG and Aaron Donald could probably limit most of the offense himself if we have a pedestrian guard, and Brown is not proven in this offense.

Ken Walker is good to go. I think the limited practice was solely as a precaution. You know he's good... there's no reason to exhaust him in practice. All the starters this year are exactly the same as last year with exception of JSN and Brown lol... so it's not like Walker needed to practice with a new crew.

Witherspoon I think will be 100% a game time decision but I believe Jackson or Brown (Brown is listed the starter on the depth chart) will be the #2. Carroll said he "MAY" be able to play but they want to be careful. That to me screams "sit it" especially with Kupp out.

JSN is 100% and ready to go and not expected to be limited... so we should see exactly how we're going to use him and his effectiveness against a terrible Rams linebacker and secondary group.

Adams/Mcintosh out... zero surprise on either.

No word whether Dallas will be the premiere #2 or Charbs 3rd down back, etc. Both are ready to go from my understanding although Carroll never addressed that.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the, "hasn't done Jack here" comment... When he's hurt and not playing... Yes... His first season here he had 9.5 sacks; 6 tackles for loss in 12 games... That's a bit more imo than "Hasn't done jack", imo... Bozworth had 4 sacks in his rookie year...

Drafting Boz was a waste with our #1 Supp pick... Kinda like trading away a 1st... Yeah, we gave up 2 for Adams... I get that but we also gave up a lot for Boz, which included a huge contract... If you're going to use Adams injuries against him - you need to use them against the Boz as well...

I am not saying Boz was a smashing draft success, just disagreeing that it was a bigger mistake than trading those 1st round picks for an expensive player who's been injured way too much here to have any kind of impact outside of 1 good season. So yeah, Adams really hasn't done jack here. Trading for him was clearly a bigger fail than drafting Boz if we had to grade it now, and it's really not even close. However, I would agree Adams is very talented and still young enough to turn things around here, but I don't have high hopes.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plans changed because one of my great-uncles is Hospital bound and we don't want to do the "Uncles lunch" without a founding member.

I'll be with you fine Gentlemen, And Shark, for the game

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plans changed because one of my great-uncles is Hospital bound and we don't want to do the "Uncles lunch" without a founding member.

The larger question: why are we scheduling social stuff during the Hawks game?? My line of thinking is that pretty much from now until mid-Feb, people who invite me to non-NFL stuff on Sunday clearly do not want me to attend their event.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The larger question: why are we scheduling social stuff during the Hawks game?? My line of thinking is that pretty much from now until mid-Feb, people who invite me to non-NFL stuff on Sunday clearly do not want me to attend their event.

Don't ask.

We usually coordinate it with the "Aunties Lunch" but one of them was a Fucking **** and wouldn't come if she wasn't part of the day choosing committee

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Xfinity does not have Fox anymore. Now I can’t watch the Seahawks game this weekend. Gonna have to get rid of Xfinity. The only reason I have it is to watch the Mariners games.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the Huskies (know it's not officially over but it is...).

As for the Hawks tomorrow... IMO if they don't come away with a convincing win it's a let down. The Rams have absolutely no talent on that team outside of Kupp (out) and Donald, and MAYBE Stafford. I can't even say, "Any Given Sunday" or "Rams always play us tough." Their team is that bad. I know everyone expected Seattle to be horrible, but that was really on Geno Smith. There was some talent on our team that was part of a trade, acquired in the offseason (because we had money), and we had a lot of draft ammo. Big ? was Geno.

I said a few years ago to this board and Rams fans when they traded everything and gave out insane contracts, "Super Bowl or bust, because you guys are gonna suck for a while." That was met with "Jealous much?" "Bitter Hawks fan lol" etc. mostly by douchey Rams fans... but here we are today.

Akers should be their only chance on offense and I imagine with their defense they're just going to stack the box with 6-7 and blitz/stuff the run 24/7... I think this is a game where Carroll getting stubborn about running the ball and not taking shots downfield could backfire... Metcalf/JSN/Lockett should be 1 on 1 the majority of the game... let Geno fire to them...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf/JSN/Lockett should be 1 on 1 the majority of the game... let Geno fire to them...
My hope is that they come out guns a blazin' and go after those young kids in the Rams secondary. The best scenario is something like the Chiefs usually do or what the Eagles and Bills did last year. Get a big lead and make Stafford have to drop back and throw. eliminate any threat of the run game and make the Rams have to play to our strength, which is our secondary and our pass rush. Akers running and McVay's ability to play off the run get severely diminished playing from behind, especially with a weak O-line. Kupp not playing is huge for our guys. Take advantage of it and blow these guys out.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh God oh Jesus oh God...

breathe-hard-breathing-leonardo-dicaprio-don-t-look-up-2hnm9e0a7ssu72yl.gif