• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Timberwolves guard Kevin Martin would like to be traded to a winning team as a thank you for mentoring young players in Minnesota, according to The Vertical’s Marc Spears."

This was just funny to me :laugh3: Rewarding a guy for mentoring lol. But he has been on the Thunder and that didn't turn out well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iman Shumpert could be headed to Sacramento, according to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee. Jones reports Shumpert is available, though Kings GM Vlade Divac could have to give up Marco Belinelli or Kosta Koufos.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iman Shumpert could be headed to Sacramento, according to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee. Jones reports Shumpert is available, though Kings GM Vlade Divac could have to give up Marco Belinelli or Kosta Koufos.

Koufus...

I'm sorry, I don't trust Tristan.

Is Andy getting any burn?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Koufus...

I'm sorry, I don't trust Tristan.

Is Andy getting any burn?

Nobody wants Andy lol. Plus the Cavs want him to stay on the team in case they get a ring. He gives valuable minutes just not MANY minutes and nobody wants him for that price.

Tristan is the key actually. He is good on the pick and roll and a great rebounder. We need a scorer down low, so Koufos would be good. I wouldn't mind Koufus since Mozgov is probably gone, I wouldn't mind Belinelli either. On another note, Love needs to battle in the post more.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants Andy lol. Plus the Cavs want him to stay on the team in case they get a ring. He gives valuable minutes just not MANY minutes and nobody wants him for that price.

Tristan is the key actually. He is good on the pick and roll and a great rebounder. We need a scorer down low, so Koufos would be good. I wouldn't mind Koufus since Mozgov is probably gone, I wouldn't mind Belinelli either. On another note, Love needs to battle in the post more.

Lebron is reaching a point in his career where he's going to need to alter his game for the betterment of the team. I feel like Lebron is going to need to be the one to dominate and battle in the post. He could be absolutely dominant if he chose to do so.

I think the problem for Lebron will be that his entire career has been played with him creating for others. He's going to have to develop a post game and be more reliant upon Kyrie to handle the ball more. If Lebron was to embrace this, they could let Kyrie play with the ball in his hands, where he's best. They could let Love play the high post, where he is best. And Lebron could be the rover, and post up almost anyone in the league. If he could develop a fade away shot, it would be unstoppable. They couldn't double him because he's one of the best passers in the NBA. He's too quick off the dribble for bigs and too big for small guys.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is reaching a point in his career where he's going to need to alter his game for the betterment of the team. I feel like Lebron is going to need to be the one to dominate and battle in the post. He could be absolutely dominant if he chose to do so.

I think the problem for Lebron will be that his entire career has been played with him creating for others. He's going to have to develop a post game and be more reliant upon Kyrie to handle the ball more. If Lebron was to embrace this, they could let Kyrie play with the ball in his hands, where he's best. They could let Love play the high post, where he is best. And Lebron could be the rover, and post up almost anyone in the league. If he could develop a fade away shot, it would be unstoppable. They couldn't double him because he's one of the best passers in the NBA. He's too quick off the dribble for bigs and too big for small guys.

I absolutely agree and have said it earlier at some time on this board. He will eventually need to be mainly a post guy, not sure if he will have to do it sooner rather than later. That jumpshot just isn't looking the same as in the past. That is what I don't get, everytime he posts up he is unstoppable and like you said his passing ability is so good it puts the weakside defense in an uncomfortable position.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely agree and have said it earlier at some time on this board. He will eventually need to be mainly a post guy, not sure if he will have to do it sooner rather than later. That jumpshot just isn't looking the same as in the past. That is what I don't get, everytime he posts up he is unstoppable and like you said his passing ability is so good it puts the weakside defense in an uncomfortable position.

Funny. I was just talking to a buddy about this yesterday. LeBron will eventually need to be a post player as his athleticism fades. I agree that given the skills of his teammates, it would make sense for LeBron to post more on this current Cavs team. Spacing could be tough to figure out with both Love and Thompson on the court together, but I definitely think this could be a great thing for the Cavs, and LeBron.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like we have seen him do in the past, especially with the Heat, is devote the offseason to something needed in his game. Even if they win it all, I think he will realize what all of us are saying, being more of a block player on offense. He will last longer in this league becoming a post player and I think if he can evolve himself into this type of player it will take him to another level as far as greatness. I could be wrong, but I think this is what Barkley did at the end of his career. Now Lebron is stronger and quicker at this point of his career, he doesn't need to wait any longer, so I think he needs to become more of a post player RIGHT NOW.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sounds similar to when the Lakers traded him. Keeping him doesn't seem likely so trying to get something for him.

Edit: Nevermind... he signed with the Bulls as a FA. The Lakers were trying to trade him that season, though, right? Or am I just way off?

The Lakers tried to trade him for several years. When he finally left as an FA, both Pau and the Bulls were willing to do a sign and trade so the Lakers weren't left empty handed, but they got greedy and asked for too much.

Pau was beyond fair to the Lakers when he left. He waited as long as possible to see what they could get in FA (although that was more about loyalty to Kobe) and was willing to do a sign and trade even though he didn't have to. How they did him still pisses me off.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if Lebron was the ROLL guy on the pick and roll he would just flat out dominate......when they run that 1-3 P and R its almost unstoppable with Kyrie handling

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Lebron was the ROLL guy on the pick and roll he would just flat out dominate......when they run that 1-3 P and R its almost unstoppable with Kyrie handling

This is one area where Lebron is actually well below average, in his screening ability. Maybe just because he hasn't set many of them in his career, but he doesn't set very good screens from what I've seen of him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one area where Lebron is actually well below average, in his screening ability. Maybe just because he hasn't set many of them in his career, but he doesn't set very good screens from what I've seen of him.

Pretty easy to learn, that is as long as he is willing. Not sure that he would be. I doubt that is an aspect of his game that he has been asked to practice a whole lot.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather do Shumpert for Marco straight up, I like Kosta Koufos as the backup center.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors don't have anyone to really offer for Anderson. They won't give up anyone in the immediate rotation for a likely half season rental. Frye makes the most sense because Orlando would want to dump him. Pelicans view Anderson as an asset and will seek a fair trade.

Although time is dwindling down. They may end up with 10 cents return on the dollar.
I agree, and luckily the need for a big isn't an immediate one-in terms of the roster right now & meeting the trade deadline-so maybe waiting until FA to fill the void is a possibility that will offer more options.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sounds similar to when the Lakers traded him. Keeping him doesn't seem likely so trying to get something for him.

Edit: Nevermind... he signed with the Bulls as a FA. The Lakers were trying to trade him that season, though, right? Or am I just way off?
No the Lakers tried to hold onto him for longer than they should've. Eventually his trade value decreased to the point that they couldn't get a trade that would get them decent value back in return.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and luckily the need for a big isn't an immediate one-in terms of the roster right now & meeting the trade deadline-so maybe waiting until FA to fill the void is a possibility that will offer more options.

Yeah, I think the Warriors will be a very attractive place for the possible veteran buy outs that will happen soon after the deadline. I think the Warriors are more likely to explore that market because they won't have to give up any assets nor will they lose any real financial flexibility in the off-season.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea but will Kyrie facilitate like a true PG or take more shots with the ball in his hands more? They would both be learning discipline in their new roles at the same time.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but will Kyrie facilitate like a true PG or take more shots with the ball in his hands more? They would both be learning discipline in their new roles at the same time.

I think Kyrie's natural role is always going to be that of a scorer. Kind of comes with the territory when you have the tools that he does.

Kyrie doesn't really need to facilitate, he needs to just make smart decisions with the ball. He could be in the mold of a Curry or a Westbrook, who use their own offense to make others around them better. What he will have to learn is that some games he may need 35, others maybe 18. As long as he's willing to accept that type of role, he won't need to really create for others because of the play making skills of both Love and Lebron. IMO.