• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:crazy:

His best days are clearly behind him. There's no way he's challenging Bogut for his starting job. You know this isn't 2012 right?
Varejao can definitely be productive for small spurts- there is no question- and he has developed a decent little 15 footer----- but the bad part is that just always sseems to get hurt- and now - post achilees tear and surgery and over 30 he really has lost some speed---

i think he can be a productive big for 15 minutes a game though- set screens, pick and pop, play some decent D...it just shouldnt surprise anyone if he gets hurt if he is played any kind of regular minutes- i almost thought the cavs were limiting him because they wanted to save him- from what i have read the achilees had really limited his athletic ability even if his hustle can still give u some production here and there.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Varejao can definitely be productive for small spurts- there is no question- and he has developed a decent little 15 footer----- but the bad part is that just always sseems to get hurt- and now - post achilees tear and surgery and over 30 he really has lost some speed---

i think he can be a productive big for 15 minutes a game though- set screens, pick and pop, play some decent D...it just shouldnt surprise anyone if he gets hurt if he is played any kind of regular minutes- i almost thought the cavs were limiting him because they wanted to save him- from what i have read the achilees had really limited his athletic ability even if his hustle can still give u some production here and there.

Yeah he's basically an insurance policy for the Warriors. He won't be needed on a game in and game out basis. There will be occasions he could see 10 minutes here or there, but for the most part he's not going to be a part of the immediate rotation.

He's going to get some immediate run I would imagine with both of the Warriors centers currently injured. Once the team reverts back to full health, he'll be behind Green, Bogut, Ezeli, Speights and Barnes (who plays the 4 in our second unit). He's the sixth big off the bench for us and a luxury.

I just found it funny how the guy suggested he's going to come in and supplant Bogut as the starter. There's a reason he couldn't get any playing time on the Cavs, gets traded, then waived, but all of a sudden is going to leapfrog Bogut and Ezeli for starting minutes on a team that's 49-5.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Varejao could have an immediate impact on the team with injuries to Bogut and Ezeli, but down the stretch I highly doubt he gets in many games. In the playoffs I would consider him to be a non-factor. He provides additional depth and is game tested over a guy like McAdoo. Jason Thompson was doing nothing for this team, and Andy is an upgrade. Either way he's really going to be the 6th big off the bench at best, with Barnes getting minutes at the 4.
I think he'll serve a good purpose to finish out this season, doubt he'll be signed beyond that though.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that the Rockets tried to trade half their roster and the one trade they do make gets voided.

It will be interesting to watch DoMo's health after this. If he doesn't play and/or has to have surgery -- it will look fishy. (unless they disclosed everything to Pistons beforehand)