• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do I. LAC and OKC made moves to improve their bench.

Thought Stephenson was a nice pickup in the offseason but he just never fit in there. He probably should have stayed with the Pacers but hindsight is 20/20.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you, @LAD. :hug:

If you ever want to have some fun.....wait for it.

Pop in the political forums.....it's a hoot in there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Stephenson was a nice pickup in the offseason but he just never fit in there. He probably should have stayed with the Pacers but hindsight is 20/20.

Yeah agree with you. He was playing better lately. Hope for his sake he's able to play good ball in Memphis.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah agree with you. He was playing better lately. Hope for his sake he's able to play good ball in Memphis.

I think he fits in better there than Los Angeles. But, I also thought he was a good pickup by the Clipps so what do I know? :scratch:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you, @LAD. :hug:

If you ever want to have some fun.....wait for it.

Pop in the political forums.....it's a hoot in there.
Hahaha. Oh no, politics is too serious for me. It's been my experience those convos tend to get out of hand.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he fits in better there than Los Angeles. But, I also thought he was a good pickup by the Clipps so what do I know? :scratch:
Yea I thought he would've done better with the Clips too. I wonder if he did something to get on Doc's s**t list or something. :noidea:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quiet deadline as I think most expected. Only dealings that really stand out to me is what Detroit has done. If Montijunas can get healthy, him and Harris to go along with what they have sets up to be a very solid team that can be a playoff team every year.

I'm pretty "meh" on the OKC and Clips trades. Jeff Green is not a difference maker. He's totally average and has proved that his entire career yet people still expect more out of him. He's better than Lance but getting Jeff Green isn't enough to put LA over the top 3 in the West which is what LA is trying to do with this. And Foye to OKC doesn't do much for me either. OKC's biggest issue isn't really its roster, its having a functional offense that is heavily dominated by Westbrook and Durant taking turns in isolations. It plagued them with Brooks as head coach and it still looks largely similar this year under Donovan. Just a tad more creativity is what they need. Foye isn't going to help that. Someone like Pau Gasol might have, giving them a real option to install something more creative, but not Randy Foye.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Rockets' Howard and Harden 'maneuvered' to have the other traded

this is unreal if true--- harden and howard tried to get rid of eachother, lol.....ohh man...that shit must make Lakers fans feel a little bit better.

Yeah, the Lakers dodged a bullet when Dwight left. Even with the losing, I'd rather that they are in the situation they are now, than where Houston is. They've finally figured out that they will never get back to the finals, let alone win any titles with Dwight and they can't find anyone who wants him. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in FA since word is that Dwight is going to demand $30 million.

Lakers fans said this shit was going happen, but everyone said we were just butthurt because he left.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt realize Lance Stephenson was averaging like 4 ppg. He has really fallen off the face of the earth since leaving Indiana. One of the most overrated players in the league. Why did Memphis take him?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I thought he would've done better with the Clips too. I wonder if he did something to get on Doc's s**t list or something. :noidea:

Yeah, he played like shit.

Plus, we are in desperate need of a 3.

Paul Pierce is cooked, Lance is too small, Johnson is only good in small spurts.

Doc has no idea what he is doing.

Both off-season pickups that were supposed o make a difference are no longer on the roster.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt realize Lance Stephenson was averaging like 4 ppg. He has really fallen off the face of the earth since leaving Indiana. One of the most overrated players in the league. Why did Memphis take him?

Because they got a 1st rounder in like 2030....lol

He's off the books this summer.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he played like shit.

Plus, we are in desperate need of a 3.

Paul Pierce is cooked, Lance is too small, Johnson is only good in small spurts.

Doc has no idea what he is doing.

Both off-season pickups that were supposed o make a difference are no longer on the roster.

I don't see Jeff Green as much of an upgrade at the 3. Is he even really much better than Johnson?