• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

By the way, the Philadelphia Eagles have CLINCHED a playoff spot.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have to say, I didn't want to do this. But after dealing with constant harassment and ridicule all season by people who think they know a lot more than they do when all I had done was present a well thought out roadmap for what I believed would happen based on actual facts of the season. After all of that, I simply have to do this now.

There is no doubt many that I will miss in this thread, but I will focus mainly on the Philly trades Zach Ertz thread where this first began and then also my Power Rankings for week 8. But let's start with that Zach Ertz thread. I pointed out from the start how the Eagles didn't seem to have issue with being able to beat bad teams. It was only when they played good teams with good QBs that they struggled and lost. Upon review of the schedule it was pretty clear that after the first part of the season that it was mostly bad teams and bad QBs left.

It was October 15th, the Eagles had just fallen to the Bucs to go 2-4 and they finally traded Zach Ertz which was long overdue. At this point @dbldwn711 made the ridiculous statement, as he often does, that:

Eagles are all in on next years draft. This is an obvious tanking move. They are looking to get 3 picks in the top 10 (their own, dolphins and Colts).

This of course was not the case. Which I pointed out in a very logical post and of course dbldwn711 kept going back at me with laughable nonsense that was laughable back then for people who are capable of seeing the big picture like me but now it is laughable for everyone else now too.

They could very well be sellers at the trade deadline but this is not a tanking move. They have a better TE on the roster in Dallas Goedert who has had to split snaps with Ertz because it took them this long to finally trade him. It's long overdue that Goedert finally gets to be the primary guy at TE and get the targets of a top TE to see what he can do with those while in the last year of his contract and going to command a big deal after the season.

They’re 2-4 numbnuts. They’re done.

It took them “this long to trade them” bc (as always) they over-value their players.

They aren't done. They were always going to start off the season with a bad record with how the schedule laid out. It only gets extremely easier from here on out.

Point is though, trading Ertz isn't at all a tanking move. It's a long overdue trade for a guy that has been wanting out since the start of last season when the team wouldn't give him a new contract. Plus it makes room for the better TE on the roster to now assume a bigger role.
Hahaha

Keep telling yourself that.
LMFAO

Ok…I’ll play… the eagles are 2-4. The “easier” part of their schedule is ahead of them. They have 11 games left. What’s their record going to be? What’s is this team with TWO wins all year going to end up with? What’s this team who was 4-11-1 last year and has only TWO wins this year going to do in the next 11 games that they haven’t done yet? Are they going to win 10 of the next 11 games to finish 12-5? 9 of the next 11 to finish 11-6? What record do you think they need to make the playoffs?

Hahaha

They’re done. Only a blind eagles fan can’t see it.

Go ahead… enlighten me.
Do you honestly think that the 7th seed team will be 12-5 or 11-6? Bears were the 7th seed last year at 8-8. The 7th seed team could end up being 8-9 or 9-8. The Eagles already have a win and thus own a tie breaker over the Panthers who are another team to be in the running for that 7th seed.

As I broke down in my prior post the Eagles have a very easy remaining schedule outside of really the Chargers game and potentially the Cowboys if they are in the running for the #1 seed still. The Eagles could very realistically finish this season 8-9 or 9-8 with this remaining schedule.

Eagles next two games are @Raiders and @Lions. Not out of the realm of possibility that the Eagles are at 4-4 in two weeks.
Bwhahaha

The eagles “aren’t done” bc they could POSSIBLY get the LAST playoff spot. Hahaha

You can’t make this shit up!!

Only eagles fans.

I love it!!

I’d offer you an avatar bet that the eagles won’t make the playoffs but we all know you wouldn’t take it. No… you’ll do what you always do: talk a lot of shit and then disappear when none of it materializes.

Am I guaranteeing they make the playoffs? I'm saying it's possible they will be in the mix for that 7 seed at the end of the season given their schedule gets very easy here on out and the 7th seed last year was 8-8.

So I ask you again since you keep doing this pathetic laugh but ignore the points shit, do you believe the 7th seed is going to be 12-5 or 11-6?
I’m saying they’re done. You said they aren’t. You are NOW trying to say that they POSSIBLY aren’t done. I suspect you are “softening” your stance bc I presented your tiny little brain with the actual numbers and even your tiny little brain was able to see that that they’re done.

I’m wrong? Bet me. Avatar bet. You can define the length. I can’t make it ANY easier for you. You can save face right here and now by taking the bet. Hell, you can even be a wimp and make it for a short time and then disappear.

I’m going to be clear. I don’t know what the record will be of the last playoff team in the NFC but it will be better than the Eagles final record. The eagles will miss the playoffs. Is that clear enough?
I'm not saying anything differently than I have been saying. You're just either being intentionally stupid or you're just legitimately stupid. A team that will likely be in the mix for the 7th seed at the end of the season is done. A team that would be done is a team like the Jaguars or Jets who aren't going to be in position for any chance at the playoffs at the end of the season.

W7 @Raiders
W8 @Lions
W9 Chargers
W10 @Broncos
W11 Saints
W12 @ Gaints
W13 @ Jets
W14 BYE
W15 Redskins
W16 Gaints
W17 @Redskins
W18 Cowboys

They will have a chance to win any of those games outside of the Chargers game and the Cowboys game depending on if the Cowboys play their starters. They for sure won't be favored against teams like the Raiders, Broncos & Saints but those teams are all on the same level of the Panthers who they beat so they should at least have a shot in those games. And then 6 games against the really bad Lions, Jets, Redskins & Giants. It is well within the realm of possibility for Eagles to win 6 or 7 of their final games.

Who exactly is going to run away with that 7th seed with a great record?

NFC West
Rams/Cardinals, one of those teams is winning the division and the other is getting the 5th seed.
Seahawks are 2-3 and Russell Wilson is out for likely 6 weeks.
49ers are 2-3 and are likely your 5th seed but doubt it will be with any overly impressive record with the way things are going for them.

NFC North
Bears are 3-2 but won't be running away with any big runs this season. They will be in the mix for that 7th seed likely around 8-9, 9-7
Vikings are 2-3 and could also bee in the mix for that 7th seed.

NFC South
Panthers are sliding and aren't that good. Eagles own the tie breaking over them and they will be a team in the running for that 7th seed.
Saints are a very inconsistent team. Maybe they get things under control and put together a 10-7 record but that really doesn't seem likely looking at how tough their remaining schedule is (Bucs twice, @Titans, Bills & Cowboys). Those are 5 games I'd lean on those other teams winning, that leaves the Saints at 9-8. Eagles play them in Philadelphia in late November. Eagles and Hurts beat the Saints in Philly last year. If the Eagles win that game then they take tie breaker position over the Saints.

NFC East
Redskins in the same boat as the Eagles. Are playing the Packers this week so should also be 2-4 soon. After that they still have to play the Cowboys twice, the Bucs, @Panthers, @Raiders and there is a chance Russell Wilson is back by the time they play the Seahawks. They could also be in that 7th seed mix.
Giants - no

Seems very likely that for a second year in a row the 7th seed in the NFC be a team that is around that .500 record.
That’s a lot of words to deflect from the eagles are done. The eagles won 4 games last year. They’ve won 2 games this year. You think they are magically NOW gonna “be in the mix” for the LAST playoff spot. I’m saying they aren’t a playoff team.

The problems with the eagles isn’t “the schedule”. It’s them. They suck.

Now, are you gonna take the bet of not. It’s simple.
The 7th seed is not a good team. There shouldn't be a 7th seed but there is. It will likely be a 8-9 or 9-8 team. The Eagles could very realistically be 8-9 or 9-8 at the end of the season given how easy their schedule is. They aren't a good team that's for sure but they also appear to be one of the good bad teams. Bad teams that beat other bad teams and Eagles play enough bad teams the rest of the way out to finish a 17 game season with 8 or 9 wins. They easily beat a bad Falcons team and also beat the Panthers who look like another good bad team. Their 4 losses are to 4 likely playoff teams (Bucs, Chiefs, Cowboys & 49ers). The only likely playoff teams they play the rest of the way are the Chargers, which will be a loss and the Cowboys in week 18 when they could possibly just be resting their starters.

Name me the two teams that will be the 6th and 7th seeds with records of 10-7 or better.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this continues on for many pages so if you want to dive deeper into @dbldwn711 doubling down and exposing how little he knows then go ahead. But for now I will point your attention to my Week 8 power rankings. At this point in time the Eagles had just come off a blowout loss to the Raiders and fell to a record of 2-5. Still the path was clear as the schedule was about to get very easy. I knew this team was going to be in the running for one of the wild card spots. If you looked at all of the evidence at hand, it was clear. Yet no one wanted to hear it. Instead people kept raving about the Falcons, unable to see how terrible that team is.

@Schmoopy1000
but they could smoke the eagles & you think the Eagles will be the 7th seed. So there is that.
Honestly.
& I mean Honestly.
If the Lions played the Eagles right now.
I would bet your 500 vcash on the Lions. Eagles are are going down the shitter. When you question your QB (which you should) Lets face it. He is only going to get worse with even more tape on him. Lions are 0-6. Going by records & not what you see Makes life easy but Vegas loves that shit.
Lions play hard & are in every game.
Eagles suck & when the other team goes into what I call dont lose the game mode is when they start doing something. Again. I am not saying the Flacons are some team to start worry about.
I am saying they are better than the Week 1 Falcons & the eagles are circling the drain!
one win was against the week 1 Falcons
only other win was against the hapless Panthers.
All games outside of week 1 you have less than 24 points meaning your offense absolutely sucks. Side note you did get over 24 against the chiefs with 4 seconds left when the game was over no matter what against a horrible defense with a prevent defense.
So unless you have a Dome Patrol type Saints Defense or a Ravens type Ray Lewis led Defense.
Your Team is destined for a horrible record son.

So yes. If the Falcons played the Eagles next week.
I would win your money (again)
Falcons may very well be a bad team. But the Eagles are a shit team right now!
& there two wins are against some of the lowest rated teams right now. Kinda tells a story dont it.
I believe the 7th seed will be a so-so team. Not a bad team. (which the eagles are)
Eagles and Lions play each other Sunday so let's do that vcash bet.

Falcons are the same bad team that they were. Nothing has changed with the Falcons.

Yes the Eagles wins are against bad teams as well. Eagles are a bad team. Same goes for the Falcons though where their only wins are one score wins over other really bad teams. Falcons have also lost to really bad teams too. Falcons are not good. They are about to start playing some good teams coming up after another bad Panthers team this Sunday and the Falcons will go back to getting blown out as they play teams with winning records.

@dbldwn711

Really? Then why do you think the Eagles have any shot at sniffing the playoffs this year?
Because a bad team will be getting the 7th seed and they have both the easiest remaining schedule in the league and shown the ability to be able to beat other bad teams, a lot of which they will be playing the rest of the way.

@Manster7588
You keep saying they will be in the playoffs.

Personally I think the cards are stacked against them.
I keep saying they will likely be in the running for the 7th seed because it will be a bad team that gets that 7th seed and the Eagles have the easiest remaining schedule.

@Moab
There is no such thing as an easy schedule for a "not good" football team....shall we take a look??? yes, we will

@ Lions
Chargers
@ Broncos
Saints
@ Giants
@ Jets
Washington
Giants
@ Washington
Dallas

The Eagles are a 2-5 team right now, and I'm guessing it'll take 9 wins to get a playoff spot. I don't see 7 wins in that schedule for the Eagle. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if the Eagles lost to the Lions, Broncos, or Jets....and I don't see them sweeping both Washington and the Giants...so you fill in the wins where ever you want, but I don't see 7.

In fact, I'll give you a loss for Chargers, Saints and Dallas....so now the Eagles can't lose any of those other games...even if you beat one of the 3 I just mentioned...you can't lose 2 of the others...and it's not like those are gimmes...

Every game on that schedule is one they are capable of winning with the exception of the Chargers game. If the Cowboys are in the hunt for the #1 seed in week 18 then that is also a certain loss but I think it's more than likely that the #1 seed is already finalized in that final week and the Cowboys will take that chance to rest their starters having already long locked up the division.

Will they win all of those winnable games? Becuase they aren't good enough but so many of those teams are so bad that the Eagles will still win most of them.

Before this last week I stated they would have to win at least 1 of the 3 (@Raiders, @Broncos, Saints) but would likely have to win 2 of those 3. They lost to the Raiders so they will have to still win at least one of those two other games but their best chance would be to win both.

j51tsiryhe981.jpg

giphy.gif

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats RTK on making it the entire football season and not running off by week 10.
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On behalf of Philly fans everywhere, please stop. Can you start a Baby Julio thread or something? Let us enjoy this improbable (and likely one and done) playoff berth for a few days before basically forcing everyone on KFFL to shit on Philly.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On behalf of Philly fans everywhere, please stop. Can you start a Baby Julio thread or something? Let us enjoy this improbable (and likely one and done) playoff berth for a few days before basically forcing everyone on KFFL to shit on Philly.

You say that as if I have any level of respect whatsoever for you.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that as if I have any level of respect whatsoever for you.

The feeling is mutual? I actually wonder whether you are even an Eagles fan, or some poster's idea of a perfect Eagles troll account. But...I have concluded you are, sadly, real.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they aren’t 0-1 in the playoffs this year, it’ll be a miracle…

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this continues on for many pages so if you want to dive deeper into @dbldwn711 doubling down and exposing how little he knows then go ahead. But for now I will point your attention to my Week 8 power rankings. At this point in time the Eagles had just come off a blowout loss to the Raiders and fell to a record of 2-5. Still the path was clear as the schedule was about to get very easy. I knew this team was going to be in the running for one of the wild card spots. If you looked at all of the evidence at hand, it was clear. Yet no one wanted to hear it. Instead people kept raving about the Falcons, unable to see how terrible that team is.

@Schmoopy1000

@dbldwn711

@Manster7588

@Moab

j51tsiryhe981.jpg

giphy.gif
Here's a fucking cookie for you.

Covid got you in plain and simple.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he earned this one.
well played :clap: