• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Security

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will the league react to this? You can’t have any non-players getting in the mix, especially with that kind of timing. And he ended up eliciting a response from Greenlaw which resulted in his ejection. If the league doesn’t come down hard on the Eagles and the security guy, that is setting a very bad precedent for having thugs on the sideline just to provoke and taunt the away players.

I am not excusing the play. It was a dirty hit and Greenlaw deserved the penalty. But him swiping at the security goon is 100% acceptable and him getting ejected was a horrible call, especially when the game was FAR from decided at that time.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will the league react to this? You can’t have any non-players getting in the mix, especially with that kind of timing. And he ended up eliciting a response from Greenlaw which resulted in his ejection. If the league doesn’t come down hard on the Eagles and the security guy, that is setting a very bad precedent for having thugs on the sideline just to provoke and taunt the away players.

I am not excusing the play. It was a dirty hit and Greenlaw deserved the penalty. But him swiping at the security goon is 100% acceptable and him getting ejected was a horrible call, especially when the game was FAR from decided at that time.
Only goon is greenlaw.

Trying to goon up a good game. Trash human. Always has been.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Going to be interesting to see how this gets handled. The security goon is something of a local celebrity. But he most certainly should not have been anywhere near the play let alone actually being involved in the scuffle.

I say he gets fired and Philly fans erect a statue of him right next to Rocky Balboa's.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you support teams having “enforcers” on the sidelines confronting players during the game?
He should have choked him out and thrown his body on I-95. Nothing lost.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be interesting to see how this gets handled. The security goon is something of a local celebrity. But he most certainly should not have been anywhere near the play let alone actually being involved in the scuffle.

I say he gets fired and Philly fans erect a statue of him right next to Rocky Balboa's.
This is kinda how I see it. I think he deserves a lifetime bad from the sidelines. And the rules need to be adjusted so teams can get penalties for their employees getting involved in skirmishes. The fact that they couldn’t be penalized in that situation was very problematic.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have choked him out and thrown his body on I-95. Nothing lost.
Ah. An eagles fan take. Got it.

Again, I am not defending the on field hit. Greenlaw deserve the penalty. But that was game related. Opening up the discussion to non-game participants is a DANGEROUS precedent.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was nonsense? That could be taken multiple ways.

Your belief that it was 100% acceptable for him to take a swipe at somebody on the sidelines and he shouldn't have been ejected. The people on the sidelines are there to do their jobs. Did the security guy cross the line? Yes he did, but that doesn't make Greenlaw's reaction acceptable in any way.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your belief that it was 100% acceptable for him to take a swipe at somebody on the sidelines and he shouldn't have been ejected. The people on the sidelines are there to do their jobs. Did the security guy cross the line? Yes he did, but that doesn't make Greenlaw's reaction acceptable in any way.
Seriously?

The security guard made first contact, and it was not contact that could have been construed as anything but confrontational. If he were acting in a “security” manner, he would have gotten between Greenlaw and any Eagles personal to increase the distance. But he was yelling at Greenlaw (like a fan or member of the Eagles) and shoving his finger in Greenlaws chest. He was not acting as a “peacekeeper” in any way. He was a biased combatant, while dressed as a civilian.

I would have supported Greenlaw clotheslining that douche. But all he did was do a “get your finger out of my face” swipe at the guy. Incredibly reserved, given the situation.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?

The security guard made first contact, and it was not contact that could have been construed as anything but confrontational. If he were acting in a “security” manner, he would have gotten between Greenlaw and any Eagles personal to increase the distance. But he was yelling at Greenlaw (like a fan or member of the Eagles) and shoving his finger in Greenlaws chest. He was not acting as a “peacekeeper” in any way. He was a biased combatant, while dressed as a civilian.

I would have supported Greenlaw clotheslining that douche. But all he did was do a “get your finger out of my face” swipe at the guy. Incredibly reserved, given the situation.

I didn't see that the security guy put his finger on his chest. All I saw was him mouthing "that was a BS play" and pointing at him near his face. I'd like to see a link where the security dude actually made contact, but it still doesn't excuse Greenlaw. He could've just walked away and let it go, instead he escalated it.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see that the security guy put his finger on his chest. All I saw was him mouthing "that was a BS play" and pointing at him near his face. I'd like to see a link where the security dude actually made contact, but it still doesn't excuse Greenlaw. He could've just walked away and let it go, instead he escalated it.
Security did put and push greenlaws chest. Him being from philthy I think the nfl needs to drug test him for that

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?

I looked at the video again, Dom did put his hands on Greenlaw, however I didn't see it as a confrontational situation from him. Basically saying that was a BS play and pushing him back. He wasn't "shoving his finger in his chest" as you stated. Just stop, you look bad enough with your take already. It happened, the NFL will now do what they do and that's the end of it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know if there is any aftermath to that guy.

We know what is gonna happen to Greenlaw.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at the video again, Dom did put his hands on Greenlaw, however I didn't see it as a confrontational situation from him. Basically saying that was a BS play and pushing him back. He wasn't "shoving his finger in his chest" as you stated. Just stop, you look bad enough with your take already. It happened, the NFL will now do what they do and that's the end of it.
Bad from my take?

That I don’t want civilians getting involved with player on the field?

How is that a bad take?

Again, Greenlaw’s hit was dirty and he deserved the flag. That needs to be removed from the equation. If a player made the actions that this douche-nozzle made, I would not have made this thread. If a ref got in Greenlaw’s face, this conversation would not be happening. But a clearly team-biased individual escalating the situation on the field, effecting the game, is completely over the line and potentially effected the integrity of the game (by rule, the eagles could not be penalized for the actions of this guy).

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad from my take?

That I don’t want civilians getting involved with player on the field?

How is that a bad take?

Again, Greenlaw’s hit was dirty and he deserved the flag. That needs to be removed from the equation. If a player made the actions that this douche-nozzle made, I would not have made this thread. If a ref got in Greenlaw’s face, this conversation would not be happening. But a clearly team-biased individual escalating the situation on the field, effecting the game, is completely over the line and potentially effected the integrity of the game (by rule, the eagles could not be penalized for the actions of this guy).

From my perspective Greenlaw escalated it. The dude put his hands on his chest, he didn't push him, poke him or swipe at him. All Greenlaw needed to do at that point was walk away. He was offended by the remarks of that was a BS play and took a swipe at him. That's not acceptable. I'm not saying what the Philly dude was acceptable, but Greenlaw escalated it and got what he deserved. He's also going to be a little lighter in his checkbook this week.

Your original post states that taking a swipe at him was acceptable. It's not, that's escalating the situation to something way worse than what it was.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my perspective Greenlaw escalated it. The dude put his hands on his chest, he didn't push him, poke him or swipe at him. All Greenlaw needed to do at that point was walk away. He was offended by the remarks of that was a BS play and took a swipe at him. That's not acceptable. I'm not saying what the Philly dude was acceptable, but Greenlaw escalated it and got what he deserved. He's also going to be a little lighter in his checkbook this week.

Your original post states that taking a swipe at him was acceptable. It's not, that's escalating the situation to something way worse than what it was.
At someone who had zero business being there/getting involved with the players. The very act of him being in Greenlaw’s orbit makes him 100% fair game. Security is not there to interact with players. That is the refs job.

If players get involved, they are susceptible to penalties. By rule, this guy is NOT susceptible to game-penalties, therefore he has no business interacting with players. He was no different from a Philly fan on the field at that point.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At someone who had zero business being there/getting involved with the players. The very act of him being in Greenlaw’s orbit makes him 100% fair game. Security is not there to interact with players. That is the refs job.

If players get involved, they are susceptible to penalties. By rule, this guy is NOT susceptible to game-penalties, therefore he has no business interacting with players.

Oh, so if the doc comes to see if the player is ok, Greenlaw should be able to punch them in the face?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so if the doc comes to see if the player is ok, Greenlaw should be able to punch them in the face?
he should have been able to punch that guy in the face yes! (if I made the rules) LOL

Non team people like that has no business to be remotely in position to be in a players face.
I dont care if the player is Antonio Brown. That should never be a thing!