• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Security

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he should have been able to punch that guy in the face yes! (if I made the rules) LOL

Non team people like that has no business to be remotely in position to be in a players face.
I dont care if the player is Antonio Brown. That should never be a thing!

I'm not saying what the dude did was right in any way shape or form. I am saying Greenlaw didn't need to escalate the situation.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying what the dude did was right in any way shape or form. I am saying Greenlaw didn't need to escalate the situation.
that is a tall order for a guy playing in the game confronted by a guy in street clothes.

I think kicking both out was the right thing to do.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is a tall order for a guy playing in the game confronted by a guy in street clothes.

No it's not, you walk away.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so if the doc comes to see if the player is ok, Greenlaw should be able to punch them in the face?
If the doc gets in Greenlaw’s face and is screaming at him, while NOT checking on the player, than yes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This just encourages teams to have “instigators” on the sideline to mess with other teams. If “both get kicked out”, they just traded their schmoe for a player on the other team. That is ridiculous.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I don't disagree that Greenlaw shouldn't have escalated the situation but there simply shouldn't have been a situation to escalate in the first place. Unless it's a coach, player, or ref there should be nobody involved in breaking up a fight or scuffle.

If Greenlaw threw an actual punch I'd say it would be grounds for an ejection but I don't think what Greenlaw did was enough that he should've gotten ejected.

The security guy should've been ejected because his actions are clearly out of bounds and I don't support a lifetime ban or anything given this is one instance but he shouldn't be on the field the rest of the season at the very least. Given they just kicked out a photographer for flipping Hill a cell phone for the rest of the year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree that Greenlaw shouldn't have escalated the situation but there simply shouldn't have been a situation to escalate in the first place. Unless it's a coach, player, or ref there should be nobody involved in breaking up a fight or scuffle.

If Greenlaw threw an actual punch I'd say it would be grounds for an ejection but I don't think what Greenlaw did was enough that he should've gotten ejected.

The security guy should've been ejected because his actions are clearly out of bounds and I don't support a lifetime ban or anything given this is one instance but he shouldn't be on the field the rest of the season at the very least. Given they just kicked out a photographer for flipping Hill a cell phone for the rest of the year.
To be clear, I was only suggesting a lifetime ban of the guy FROM THE SIDELINE. I don’t think the team needs to fire him or that he should even be banned from the field (within the barrier of the stands). He just has shown he cannot be trusted to be with the teams close to the field of play.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he should have been able to punch that guy in the face yes! (if I made the rules) LOL

Non team people like that has no business to be remotely in position to be in a players face.
I dont care if the player is Antonio Brown. That should never be a thing!

DiSandro, who shouldn't have adrenaline coursing through him like one of the players, has no excuse to get into it with one of the pro athletes competing in the event. He should be nowhere near the sideline.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will the league react to this? You can’t have any non-players getting in the mix, especially with that kind of timing. And he ended up eliciting a response from Greenlaw which resulted in his ejection. If the league doesn’t come down hard on the Eagles and the security guy, that is setting a very bad precedent for having thugs on the sideline just to provoke and taunt the away players.

I am not excusing the play. It was a dirty hit and Greenlaw deserved the penalty. But him swiping at the security goon is 100% acceptable and him getting ejected was a horrible call, especially when the game was FAR from decided at that time.
Awful take.

You can't have players going into the opponent's sideline area and intentionally contacting coaches or other non-playing staff in the face. Ejection and a big fine are the minimum punishment. A suspension is possible. Not sure what the Eagles security guy actually did. He didn't seem to contact the 49ers player.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Awful take.

You can't have players going into the opponent's sideline area and intentionally contacting coaches or other non-playing staff in the face. Ejection and a big fine are the minimum punishment. A suspension is possible. Not sure what the Eagles security guy actually did. He didn't seem to contact the 49ers player.

Greenlaw and Smith started to jaw at each other and the security guy got in between the two to separate them and yelled at Greenlaw "That was BS" So the security guy did inject himself into the situation and he did initiate the contact with Greenlaw and it occurred in the white out of bounds area of the field so Greenlaw was still within the field of play at the time.

It wasn't egregious contact or anything and I do wish Greenlaw walked away but it doesn't change the fact that there never should've been anything for Greenlaw to walk from in the first place. The guy had as much business interjecting himself into the situation as a hot dog vendor coming down from the stands did.

My stance is the security guy should be banned from he sidelines for at least the remainder of the season arguably longer, NFL should fine the Eagles and warn every team that anything like this happens again penalities will be far harsher in the future, and warn Greenlaw that if he does something like that again regardless of who it is it'll be a fine and suspension.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenlaw and Smith started to jaw at each other and the security guy got in between the two to separate them and yelled at Greenlaw "That was BS" So the security guy did inject himself into the situation and he did initiate the contact with Greenlaw and it occurred in the white out of bounds area of the field so Greenlaw was still within the field of play at the time.

It wasn't egregious contact or anything and I do wish Greenlaw walked away but it doesn't change the fact that there never should've been anything for Greenlaw to walk from in the first place. The guy had as much business interjecting himself into the situation as a hot dog vendor coming down from the stands did.

My stance is the security guy should be banned from he sidelines for at least the remainder of the season arguably longer, NFL should fine the Eagles and warn every team that anything like this happens again penalities will be far harsher in the future, and warn Greenlaw that if he does something like that again regardless of who it is it'll be a fine and suspension.
Maybe i'm not being clear enough. On the sidelines there are officials, coaches, camera operators, police, medics, tv people, event security, electricians, caterers, cheerleaders, VIPs, paying customers, and a bunch of other non-players. NFL players can't intentionally contact the face of any of those people if they're outside the playing area. No ifs, no buts, no mitigation. It's the same as going into the crowd. If they do they're subject to legal rather than sporting consequences, and the NFL is also legally responsible.

It doesn't matter what any player hears or thinks he's heard someone say. There are effectively no regulations on what is said on the sidelines because there are non NFL people there. It can't be proven and it's unenforceable.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a big nothingburger…but lol at Eagles’ “head of security” being a dude that probably can’t run the length of a football field without oxygen support.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you need some new gear @calsnowskier?

Dom was a legend before, now he is an absolute Philly legend. He helps "investigate" the backgrounds of players before the draft, in addition to his security duties, and has apparent ties to law enforcement, even though he looks like he just polished off a plate of gabbagool with Tony and the rest of the Soprano crime family. He's a big guy but not THAT fat, also as shown here.

Last edited:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Maybe i'm not being clear enough. On the sidelines there are officials, coaches, camera operators, police, medics, tv people, event security, electricians, caterers, cheerleaders, VIPs, paying customers, and a bunch of other non-players. NFL players can't intentionally contact the face of any of those people if they're outside the playing area. No ifs, no buts, no mitigation. It's the same as going into the crowd. If they do they're subject to legal rather than sporting consequences, and the NFL is also legally responsible.

It doesn't matter what any player hears or thinks he's heard someone say. There are effectively no regulations on what is said on the sidelines because there are non NFL people there. It can't be proven and it's unenforceable.

I understand what you're saying but what I think you're missing is this wasn't a case where someone just said something Greenlaw didn't like but physically initiated contact with the player.

Yes it was an attempt to separate players but it's still unacceptable for a non-player to make any sort of unwanted contact with a player, especially on the field of play. Both contacts between the player and non-player were minor as it's not like Greenlaw wound up and sucker punched the guy which is why I feel the punishment for all parties involved should mainly basically amount to a warning.

It's a debate of when does a non-player do something that forfeits their rights of protection as a non-player.

Remember last year (maybe the year before) Bobby Wagner completely leveled a "fan" running around the field which you could argue was way more egregious than this case as the fan didn't initiate contact with Wagner and Wagner completely leveled the guy. Wagner didn't get charged despite a police report and if I recall he didn't face punishment from the NFL either.

So you do have a case of a non-player doing something that forfeits their protections as a non-player or Wagner should've faced a harsh suspension from the league.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're saying but what I think you're missing is this wasn't a case where someone just said something Greenlaw didn't like but physically initiated contact with the player.

Yes it was an attempt to separate players but it's still unacceptable for a non-player to make any sort of unwanted contact with a player, especially on the field of play. Both contacts between the player and non-player were minor as it's not like Greenlaw wound up and sucker punched the guy which is why I feel the punishment for all parties involved should mainly basically amount to a warning.

It's a debate of when does a non-player do something that forfeits their rights of protection as a non-player.

Remember last year (maybe the year before) Bobby Wagner completely leveled a "fan" running around the field which you could argue was way more egregious than this case as the fan didn't initiate contact with Wagner and Wagner completely leveled the guy. Wagner didn't get charged despite a police report and if I recall he didn't face punishment from the NFL either.

So you do have a case of a non-player doing something that forfeits their protections as a non-player or Wagner should've faced a harsh suspension from the league.
When the protester is on the field of play he's fair game if the player uses reasonable force. If he's on the sideline Wagner would have been totally out of order and subject to both legal and NFL consequences. The field of play stops at the white line.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More stupid shit. If anybody with half a brain was watching, the dude just was trying to seperate the players by pushing Greenlaw away. It's only a story because he's not one of the coaches but any of the coaches on any sideline would have done the same thing. Greenlaw went over the line here and he's at fault for what he did. He deserved the ejection. It's just that simple. There will be fines levied and paid and end of story. The rest of all this talk about it is nonsense.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More stupid shit. If anybody with half a brain was watching, the dude just was trying to seperate the players by pushing Greenlaw away. It's only a story because he's not one of the coaches but any of the coaches on any sideline would have done the same thing. Greenlaw went over the line here and he's at fault for what he did. He deserved the ejection. It's just that simple. There will be fines levied and paid and end of story. The rest of all this talk about it is nonsense.

Right but that's exactly the problem, he's a spectator. Him getting ejected does absolutely nothing to the outcome of the game. Losing a player or coach could.

All I know is if the punishment isn't severe I hope every single team hires an instigator for their sidelines that can just go and fuck with players.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but that's exactly the problem, he's a spectator. Him getting ejected does absolutely nothing to the outcome of the game. Losing a player or coach could.

All I know is if the punishment isn't severe I hope every single team hires an instigator for their sidelines that can just go and fuck with players.
I get what your saying and maybe the league mandates that only players and coaches are allowed on the sideline. But I just think we are reading too much into this. Greenlaw let his emotions get the best of him and was stupid. He acted stupid when he suplexed the WR and then he compounded it. At some point a player has to be disciplined enough to just walk away. I know, the heat of battle and all that but Greenlaw has always been a little like this. Acting like it's the guy on the sideline's fault for Greenlaw being an idiot is just a dumb take, imo.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awful take.

He separated the niner pussy from the Eagle stallion. And yelled at greenlaw for being a bitch. He did nothing wrong.