• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB 2024 Trade Deadline…

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that this is a thing now. Granted, he isn’t having a great season, but he isn’t having a “get released” season.

Not sure this new maneuver can be be legislated out in the next CBA, but I hope they at least try.
Just teams looking to get out of the contract with minimal/no return.

More than a couple teams could use Josh Bell.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that this is a thing now. Granted, he isn’t having a great season, but he isn’t having a “get released” season.

Not sure this new maneuver can be be legislated out in the next CBA, but I hope they at least try.
this is why hes released

Marlins acquired 1B/3B Deyvison De Los Santos and OF Andrew Pintar from the Diamondbacks for LHP A.J. Puk.
De Los Santos, who failed to make the Guardians as a Rule 5 pick this spring, has broken out in a huge way this year, hitting .325/.376/.635 with 28 homers in 87 games between Double- and Triple-A. It’s questionable whether he’ll make enough contact to turn into a quality regular for the Marlins, especially in the near future, but he’s a pretty good pickup here. After all, he offers very rare power for a guy who just turned 21. The Marlins will probably give him a look at some point next month, and while we wouldn’t expect immediate mixed-league value, he’ll be one to watch. Since De Los Santos is primarily a first baseman now, the pickup could make it more likely that the Marlins move Josh Bell prior to the deadline.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just teams looking to get out of the contract with minimal/no return.

More than a couple teams could use Josh Bell.
Oh, I 7nderstand why they are doing it, and why he was placed TODAY. I understand the strategy behind the move. And I agree that the move is completely “legal”.

I just don’t like the move from a bigger-picture level, and I hope it is somehow eliminated from the game in the next CBA (though I agree that that may not be possible).

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see that one coming. the Rays aren't even completely out of the race, but I guess they play the long game
It must suck to be a Rays fan. They are very much in the hunt and, yet, they’ve traded Arozerena, Eflin, Adam, Civale and Paredes already. They will probably move others like Fairbanks and additional bullpen pieces, as well. They seem to function as a developmental team for other organizations. It stinks.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Houston picking him up.
Red Sox need a RH option at 1B. Not sure how soon Casas will be back, but Dominic Smith has mostly been terrible. Bell might be too pricey for the Sox, though.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must suck to be a Rays fan. They are very much in the hunt and, yet, they’ve traded Arozerena, Eflin, Adam, Civale and Paredes already. They will probably move others like Fairbanks and additional bullpen pieces, as well. They seem to function as a developmental team for other organizations. It stinks.
Trading Civale, Eflin and Adam I understand, because they have Rasmussen rehabbing to come back as a reliever, and Jeffrey Springs makes his return on Tuesday. They’ve got a lot of starters, but they also haven’t turned those players into current players who could help them now, except Morel. They are all longer-term adds.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, idk that they are really in the hunt.

I think it was smart for them to move guys

Sure 3.5 out but behind a lot of teams. Play in the east where they are easily 4th best. They also have a brutal run differential that shows more pessimism.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, idk that they are really in the hunt.

I think it was smart for them to move guys

Sure 3.5 out but behind a lot of teams. Play in the east where they are easily 4th best. They also have a brutal run differential that shows more pessimism.
17-10 in one run games and they've outperformed their Pythag by 6 wins. Their lineup has been rather mediocre, and even the pitching has been fairly subpar.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs could be buying and selling. Rays aren't the Marlins.
Chicago does not have a bunch of valuable rental players. Sure, they could try to move Bellinger, but his opt-out and mediocre performance this year will make that a small market. Jameson Taillon has been floated, but again, they still have him under control And could very well hold him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morel seemed to have a bright future but maybe the Rays can develop him further in their system. They get Paredes who is the same age and much better at this point. I guess the Cubs are just looking for right deals, buy or sell.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trade for the future not this year

Cubs acquired INF Isaac Paredes from the Rays for INF/OF Christopher Morel, RHP Hunter Bigge and RHP Ty Johnson.
The 25-year-old slugger returns to the organization where he began his professional career and should add some immediate thump to the middle of a Cubs’ lineup that has been lacking power. Paredes — who is under team control through the 2027 season — has slashed a healthy .247/.355/.438 with 16 homers and 55 RBI on the season. He should function as the team’s everyday third baseman for the foreseeable future.