• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB 2024 Trade Deadline…

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If true on Rooker that's a fucking bizarre move

Hed be one of the best bats on the market. Lot of value

He's also 29 with minimal track record. So even if he does stay good, by the time the A's are legit competitive he'd be like 33.
He’s also got a ton of team control left if I recall correctly. Would be a good fit for a lot of teams that are looking at a 2-3 year window.

Oakland is gonna Oakland I guess. Trading Mason Miller doesn’t make sense, but that’s where it seemed like they were going to go, but they are squeamish on Rooker? Like you said, bizarre.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that the Angels are finalizing a deal to acquire Phillies’ pitching prospects George Klassen and Samuel Aldegheri.
This is a fun one as Passan didn’t note who the Phillies would be acquiring in return. Given the current state of the Angels’ roster and the Phillies’ needs though, it’s possible the Carlos Estevez, Luis Garcia and Luis Rengifo could be among the names being discussed. Stay tuned, as more information should flow in shortly.
So the LAA spent all of those draft picks that one year on nothing but pitchers, and here they are, trading for two more pitchers?

Another bizarre move by another AL West club. I feel for Angels fans, and for Mike Trout.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the LAA spent all of those draft picks that one year on nothing but pitchers, and here they are, trading for two more pitchers?

Another bizarre move by another AL West club. I feel for Angels fans, and for Mike Trout.
Nothing surprises me about the Angels. What did they get for the best player in the game, Ohtani, a supplemental draft pick? How do you let that happen? Although they did draft Trout, so I guess you gotta give them credit for that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, I also read that trading Snell is not going to impact the luxury tax situation of the Giants. They’re still going to be paying through the nose so there’s no incentive to move him now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, I also read that trading Snell is not going to impact the luxury tax situation of the Giants. They’re still going to be paying through the nose so there’s no incentive to move him now.
I don’t believe the Giants are in any luxury tax levels currently. That is complicated shit, but even if they are, it isn’t at a higher tier.

mgomrjsurf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward and Rengifo would help out Royals.
It's good that we are getting a lot of Trades early but should of happened earlier last Week but not enough for Insiders Twitter Page to go boncers and for MLB Network's Commercial on Trade Deadline to be updated to show 2024 ones meaning Blockbusters because we need a lot to happen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t believe the Giants are in any luxury tax levels currently. That is complicated shit, but even if they are, it isn’t at a higher tier.
Maybe I got it wrong. I read that they were highly leveraged with salary to go for it in 2024 and that even trading Snell wouldn’t give them much savings.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I got it wrong. I read that they were highly leveraged with salary to go for it in 2024 and that even trading Snell wouldn’t give them much savings.
It isn’t ever talked about on Giants radio.

Per Cots, they have a $254.3M CBT payroll for ’24. I don’t know where the penalty tiers are (or what the penalties are), but if they were to trade Snell today, that would drop that number by approx $10M.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing surprises me about the Angels. What did they get for the best player in the game, Ohtani, a supplemental draft pick? How do you let that happen? Although they did draft Trout, so I guess you gotta give them credit for that.
I mean, I get that they thought they might be able to retain Ohtani by keeping him, but I think that the opportunity to get some serious pieces for their immediate future was a missed opportunity.

It really feels like every decision they’ve made since Moreno became the owner, besides drafting Trout and being able to sign Ohtani, have been a bunch of mixed decisions. They’ve squandered the prime seasons of a generational talent.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t ever talked about on Giants radio.

Per Cots, they have a $254.3M CBT payroll for ’24. I don’t know where the penalty tiers are (or what the penalties are), but if they were to trade Snell today, that would drop that number by approx $10M.
1722190787424.png
237 m is the threshold :suds:
3 mil is pocket change to an mlb tean

mgomrjsurf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers listening on anybody. Blue Jays listening on a former Twin/Yankee IF who was part of Donaldson Trade think.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 368930
237 m is the threshold :suds:
3 mil is pocket change to an mlb tean
Quick math would drop the Giants to approx 7M over the threshhold. So they would save 10M on the remainder of Snells contract AND an additional 1.5M or so in penalty. Assuming, of course, they don’t take on any salary in any potential trade.

EOD, I don’t think salary-shedding is the point of trading Snell. I think (hope) it would be about prospect accumulation..

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After blowing another extra inning game last night against the Yankees, Red Sox will be looking to clean up the puke in the bullpen.

Luis Garcia of the Angels is one they have asked about.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Bell on Waviers.
I hate that this is a thing now. Granted, he isn’t having a great season, but he isn’t having a “get released” season.

Not sure this new maneuver can be be legislated out in the next CBA, but I hope they at least try.