• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB 2024 Trade Deadline…

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure he is just a lottery ticket. But his pro numbers are nice, though I NEVER trust minor league numbers, especially at the lower levels and by super young kids.

I am very surprised that that trade happened, though. Cobb hasn’t pitched in forever, and he has been shut down numerous times in his comeback. He is loved by Giants fans, so I thought the Giants would try to capitalize on the last few starts of his career. But getting a kid who looks like a legit prospect for him, I am OK with it.

Not certain why the Guardians would want to take such a huge risk flier on a guy like him, though.
“Bresnahan was an over-slot signee out of high school last year, which usually portends a lot of talent. But the over-slot deal was for $375,000 and Bresnahan was picked in the 13th round of the draft. He’s a 6-foot-4-inch left-hander with low-90s velocity on a fastball with vertical movement, plus a promising slider and changeup. There isn’t much more physical projection on his frame, so that might be it in terms of velocity, but you never know.”

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He only threw more than 83 pitches in one of those starts. Cy Young caliber pitchers go deeper in a pitch count than that, even in this era. If you can't count on him to go at least 90 pitches, he's not giving you a Cy Young performance.
Welcome to 2024.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their farm system is loaded but yeah with Cobb’s recent injuries is a bit of a head scratcher. The rotation has been pretty bad so any help is needed. Won’t see how the deal looks in full for 3-4 years but nice for SF
If Cleveland does anything this year, and if Cobb delivers decent innings, I think You can consider it a win right away. Cobb was an absolute stud as recently as last season. If he is able to get back from his, admittedly major, injuries, you have a top of the rotation pitcher.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Bresnahan was an over-slot signee out of high school last year, which usually portends a lot of talent. But the over-slot deal was for $375,000 and Bresnahan was picked in the 13th round of the draft. He’s a 6-foot-4-inch left-hander with low-90s velocity on a fastball with vertical movement, plus a promising slider and changeup. There isn’t much more physical projection on his frame, so that might be it in terms of velocity, but you never know.”
Junk pitchers, I think, are the new fire ballers. Every team has 15 guys who can throw high 90s. I think the pendulum could be swinging back to junkers.

If he already has 3 + pitches at 19, that could be huge. Even if he just becomes a 7th inning guy, there is a lot of value in that.