• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have a feeling there is another deal coming. This move by itself doesn't make much sense.

There is no way Orlando makes themselves better dealing Harris and Oladipo if that is the kind of return they are getting.

I feel like about 1/3 of NBA franchises are run by total incompetents. Really amazing when you consider the stakes.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for a Channing Frye for Jason Thompson trade for the Warriors. Makes sense for Orlando since Thompson's contract for next year is only partially guaranteed at 2.6M. Could easily waive him and save 14M+ in the process.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for a Channing Frye for Jason Thompson trade for the Warriors. Makes sense for Orlando since Thompson's contract for next year is only partially guaranteed at 2.6M. Could easily waive him and save 14M+ in the process.

Frye would be PERFECT in Golden State. Kerr as GM of the Suns loved him when he played in PHX so that would make a ton of sense.

Play him at the 4 or 5 and he spreads the floor well. Pick and pops with Steph would be deadly. Him and Nash ran it beautifully.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frye would be PERFECT in Golden State. Kerr as GM of the Suns loved him when he played in PHX so that would make a ton of sense.

Play him at the 4 or 5 and he spreads the floor well. Pick and pops with Steph would be deadly. Him and Nash ran it beautifully.

Yeah, only thing is that if they did this, they'll basically be giving away a lot of their financial flexibility this summer for a certain free agent. I think Frye would be a very nice pick up though. I'm more concerned about the immediate window, especially with Ezeli just undergoing surgery on his knee. Beyond Bogut and Speights, there's really no depth for the bigs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezeli should be back by the playoffs though, right?

I agree that Frye would fit, but I think GS is best with or without another big. Frye's minutes would come at the expense of the small ball lineup with Green at the 5, and Frye can't replace Bogut or Ezeli in the big lineup anyway. Since I think Green, Iggy, Barnes, Curry and Klay is the best lineup they have, I would not be too eager to give away financial flexibility down the road. That is a significant price.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Ezeli is he's been injury prone his whole career. Considering this is a contract year for him, I wouldn't anticipate him playing through much risk of potential long term injury. That's just not reasonable, even for a team chasing history.

The injury is projected to be short term, but with knee issues, which he's had a lot of in his career, I would be scared banking on him being healthy.

Frye would just allow for another layer of depth and flexibility.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings made Belineli available. Miami must target him
He's a streaky shooter who has struggled most of the year and plays no defense, I'm okay to see him go. I'd rather have Ben tbh, he's younger and at least plays some defense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumored Tobias Harris to the Pistons for Brandon Jennings and Ersan Ilyasova

I guess good for Detroit. That is basically Harris for Ilyasova and Harris is 22. Jennings hasn't done much off the bench and isn't the same player as before.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando obviously was just looking to get out from under the Harris deal and open up the 4 for Gordon to start.

I was never impressed on the few times I saw Harris. Ball hog that is too quick to shoot for having such an average shot. A guy like him doesn't have a spot on a winning basketball team. I always saw just another guy who puts up empty numbers because he plays on a bad team.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando obviously was just looking to get out from under the Harris deal and open up the 4 for Gordon to start.

I was never impressed on the few times I saw Harris. Ball hog that is too quick to shoot for having such an average shot. A guy like him doesn't have a spot on a winning basketball team. I always saw just another guy who puts up empty numbers because he plays on a bad team.

Let's see what he does with SVG. Remember SVG took a team with starters like Courtney Lee, R. Lewis, Turk & Raf Alston to the NBA finals.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Harris plAying the 4?

I thought he was a sf.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda hope the Lakers aren't active before the trade deadline unless it's for more picks. In an ideal world they do a deal with the Sixers to keep their current 1st rounder even if they fall out of the top 3.