• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mobley signs 5 Year Contract Extension

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s just rumor. You habitually dismiss rumor when it doesn’t fit your narrative. You’re not gonna use it now.
These are peoples opinions about where Love (and then Mitchell) want to go. Not exactly the same as a trade rumor. Would think you'd know the difference but maybe not.

If you were among the many who were certain or near certain Mitchell was gone that's cool. ust own it and move on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really give a fuck about your defense because it doesn’t matter and it’s all just excuse making. The Cavs will never compete without a huge leap from Mobley.
uh....OK? did someone say otherwise?

are you saying Mobley WAS the reason we fell short of ECF or a title?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the last time I said a guy didn’t deserve his deal was Jalen Brunson.

So, I’m just gonna sit this one out.

Is Mobley a max player now?

No.

Neither is Barnes or Franz Wagner.

Of the 3, Mobley has max level talent….imo

So let’s give it a few more years.
hard to disagree with that. I mean, really, only current elite guys SHOULD be max players. But as we know that's just not how it goes in the NBA.

I guess I'd rather pay an ascending guy based on what he could be, though, than a regressing guy for what he has done (that goes to not just Mobley)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, no one is even mentioning Cade got paid too
He’s put up good numbers, but not wins.
What’s your feelings on him getting the bag?
Pistons had no choice, but, to me, he’s still got A LOT to prove.
didn't ask me but my feelings the same as yours, I think. May not have earned it yet but any team gives it to him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was because of the personnel that he had but Atkinson seemed to play your turn my turn iso ball with DLo, Dinwiddie, LaVert quite a bit. I don’t recall there being a whole lot of ball and player movement. It was a lot of matchup basketball.

Mobley being 7 foot but highly skilled should be a major option in that scheme. He has to be assertive though and that’s the big task Kenny has.
agree with a lot of that but wont put it on coach as much as you....much of that assertiveness needs to come from within IMO. And he's still young so it might.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh....OK? did someone say otherwise?

are you saying Mobley WAS the reason we fell short of ECF or a title?
Kind of. I’m saying that a team whose number 1 is nothing but a volume chucker isn’t built to win a championship in the NBA. If Mobley becomes their best player then the Cavs should be taken seriously.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of. I’m saying that a team whose number 1 is nothing but a volume chucker isn’t built to win a championship in the NBA. If Mobley becomes their best player then the Cavs should be taken seriously.
He was arguably the best player on the court for both teams in the Celtic series. Maybe not having Allen and then the volume chucker as opposed to the way Mobley was used/played (and the Cs being really good) was a bigger reason we lost?

But no doubt the guy who is likely 3-5 years from his prime seasons needs to improve.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was arguably the best player on the court for both teams in the Celtic series. Maybe not having Allen and then the volume chucker as opposed to the way Mobley was used/played (and the Cs being really good) was a bigger reason we lost?
You can rationalize with whatever you like. Teams with undersized volume chuckers don’t win championships. You have to go back to Dwayne Wade’s first championship to find that circumstance.
But no doubt the guy who is likely 3-5 years from his prime seasons needs to improve.
He needs a meteoric rise.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can rationalize with whatever you like. Teams with undersized volume chuckers don’t win championships. You have to go back to Dwayne Wade’s first championship to find that circumstance.

He needs a meteoric rise.
but that doesn't mean one should be blaming Mobley for losing (or the coach) as he was arguably the best player on the court.

But, yes, the 23-year-old needs to improve.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really give a fuck about your defense because it doesn’t matter and it’s all just excuse making. The Cavs will never compete without a huge leap from Mobley.
lol

arent your entire Embiid vs. Joker arguments based on defense?

all though that ship has long since sailed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

arent your entire Embiid vs. Joker arguments based on defense?

all though that ship has long since sailed.
Read it again. Aren’t you an attorney? You don’t understand that there are multiple uses of the word “defense”?