• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mobley signs 5 Year Contract Extension

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see what Mobley looks like in a new system.

Last season he set career highs in total rebs, offensive rebs, asts, FG%, 3-point FG% and FT% while playing the fewest minutes per game of his young career. Hope he can stay healthy this season. Last season he missed 32 games.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the last time I said a guy didn’t deserve his deal was Jalen Brunson.

So, I’m just gonna sit this one out.

Is Mobley a max player now?

No.

Neither is Barnes or Franz Wagner.

Of the 3, Mobley has max level talent….imo

So let’s give it a few more years.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the last time I said a guy didn’t deserve his deal was Jalen Brunson.

So, I’m just gonna sit this one out.

Is Mobley a max player now?

No.

Neither is Barnes or Franz Wagner.

Of the 3, Mobley has max level talent….imo

So let’s give it a few more years.
Man, no one is even mentioning Cade got paid too
He’s put up good numbers, but not wins.
What’s your feelings on him getting the bag?
Pistons had no choice, but, to me, he’s still got A LOT to prove.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, no one is even mentioning Cade got paid too
He’s put up good numbers, but not wins.
What’s your feelings on him getting the bag?
Pistons had no choice, but, to me, he’s still got A LOT to prove.
I think I commented when it happened.

I’m not sure what Cade really is.

Foundational piece or complimentary piece?

I lean the latter.

He’s no CP3.

Not even sure he is Deron Williams.

Although he does have his injury history so far, I think the Pistons sandbagged a bit and Sat him longer than needed hoping for better draft odds.

But yeah, they had no choice but to pay.

I just hope they don’t give up on him to quick like the Celtics did Chauncey.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I commented when it happened.

I’m not sure what Cade really is.

Foundational piece or complimentary piece?

I lean the latter.

He’s no CP3.

Not even sure he is Deron Williams.

Although he does have his injury history so far, I think the Pistons sandbagged a bit and Sat him longer than needed hoping for better draft odds.

But yeah, they had no choice but to pay.

I just hope they don’t give up on him to quick like the Celtics did Chauncey.
I agree in that I think Cade is more Pippen than Jordan.
A good to great player, but not necessarily "the one".
I am in the vast minority of Pistons fans. Most think we should do everything we can to build around him; nothing but shooters and him penetrating and kicking out. Even if Cade is that guy this strategy only gets you to the playoffs, not through the playoffs.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree in that I think Cade is more Pippen than Jordan.
A good to great player, but not necessarily "the one".
I am in the vast minority of Pistons fans. Most think we should do everything we can to build around him; nothing but shooters and him penetrating and kicking out. Even if Cade is that guy this strategy only gets you to the playoffs, not through the playoffs.
First step to that master plan is to deal Ivey for pieces that fit.

You see Killian got another job?

Well, at least the chance to fight for a roster spot in Brooklyn.

Sneaky tanking?

#GoIntoThePooper4Cooper

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the only way the Cavs rise to the level Wiggy wants to elevate them to. Mobley needs to become their best player or at least rise to a level where there is a debate whether or not Mobley or Mitchell is the best player. Right now Mobley is an inconsistent and meek 3rd option who doesn’t assert himself enough on a rookie max deal.
Yeah he needs to be a 1b or 2. Basically like an AD to Bron eventually...I mean even a Draymond type of player with a better offensive skill set is needed

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it fit, or perhaps he just isn't going to be that player? Only time will tell I guess (and we may never know about fit).
It is not all coaching but could be part of it. Also, maybe he isn't as assertive as he should be bc he has other guys like Garland and Mitchell who have the ball in their hands more and are scoring guards. Maybe Atkinson's new system can unlock that next level. Hopefully

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not all coaching but could be part of it. Also, maybe he isn't as assertive as he should be bc he has other guys like Garland and Mitchell who have the ball in their hands more and are scoring guards. Maybe Atkinson's new system can unlock that next level. Hopefully
Maybe it was because of the personnel that he had but Atkinson seemed to play your turn my turn iso ball with DLo, Dinwiddie, LaVert quite a bit. I don’t recall there being a whole lot of ball and player movement. It was a lot of matchup basketball.

Mobley being 7 foot but highly skilled should be a major option in that scheme. He has to be assertive though and that’s the big task Kenny has.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was because of the personnel that he had but Atkinson seemed to play your turn my turn iso ball with DLo, Dinwiddie, LaVert quite a bit. I don’t recall there being a whole lot of ball and player movement. It was a lot of matchup basketball.
I knew he was a guard whisperer. I think Mitchell for the most part is always going to be that type of player to an extent. He is too great at iso. Garland is not that Levert or Mitchell type as much. He never had a player like Mobley in BKN though so curious how he uses him. He said he will put the ball in his hands more and let him find guys so that tells me there will be more movement on offense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew he was a guard whisperer. I think Mitchell for the most part is always going to be that type of player to an extent. He is too great at iso. Garland is not that Levert or Mitchell type as much. He never had a player like Mobley in BKN though so curious how he uses him. He said he will put the ball in his hands more and let him find guys so that tells me there will be more movement on offense.
I hit send before I closed with why I think looking for mismatches fits Mobley’s skill set if they can tap into it so I edited it.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First step to that master plan is to deal Ivey for pieces that fit.

You see Killian got another job?

Well, at least the chance to fight for a roster spot in Brooklyn.

Sneaky tanking?

#GoIntoThePooper4Cooper
I think Cade and Ivey can fit IF Ivey comes into the season with an improved jumper and Cade is willing to share the ball with him. Oh, and need some defense. They have some in Holland and Ausar that could play the two, but neither of them have shown they can hit a jumper either.

I think Killian can be a fine backup point guard in the NBA, he was just never going to meet expectations that Pistons fans had for him after his hip injury. If he ever get a jumper he could be a serviceable starter even. But there is nothing sneaky about the tanking going on in Brooklyn.

And the Pistons have been living in the pooper and aren't climbing out this year; hopefully it pays off again with Cooper.