• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Trade Deadline

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Giants should research well the prospects they will try for and add them to the queue of prospects from any trades. All drafted and traded for kids are lottery tickets even high touted ones can end up being nothing more that journeymen. The more gifted prospects you have the more chances of striking on a star level player. And as we have seen the prospects we have are not sure things, though with Heloit bringing it, we have some players that can come through to elevate the talent on this team. But I am all for trading these Free Agents we signed for more shots at talent. These are long odds passing so many teams even though the Giants aren't far from the playoffs. It's even possible to trade and bring up players and somehow still make the playoffs.

My meager thoughts....:brick:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Giants should research well the prospects they will try for and add them to the queue of prospects from any trades. All drafted and traded for kids are lottery tickets even high touted ones can end up being nothing more that journeymen. The more gifted prospects you have the more chances of striking on a star level player. And as we have seen the prospects we have are not sure things, though with Heloit bringing it, we have some players that can come through to elevate the talent on this team. But I am all for trading these Free Agents we signed for more shots at talent. These are long odds passing so many teams even though the Giants aren't far from the playoffs. It's even possible to trade and bring up players and somehow still make the playoffs.

My meager thoughts....:brick:
Believe me, the Giants FO knows other orgs’ prospect quite well. Many of those prospects were likely heavily scouted by the Giants when they were amateurs. Them knowing prospects is a given in any statement I ever make. I DO NOT know prospect from other orgs, so I can only make theoretical rants and raves. But FZ et al are paid very nice livings specifically to know more about this subject than I. I am just donating my time (you all best thank me, btw).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mutts currently hold the 3rd WC spot. We are 3.5 games behind the Mutts.

If that were the end of the story, I would be much more OK with making a go of it.

But there are 3 teams between us and the Mutts. And we are 1.5 games behind the lowest of those 3 teams. That is WAY too crowded to shove our chips. We need 4 teams to falter just so we have a chance. If just one of those 4 teams plays well in the last 1/3 of the season, we are fuct.

SELL SELL SELL
Been seeing this a lot lately. It obscures the fact that we are FIVE back in the loss column. So, really, five games out.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that there is about 17 hours left until trades cease but I do wonder if the silence on the Giants’ part signals no selling

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that there is about 17 hours left until trades cease but I do wonder if the silence on the Giants’ part signals no selling
supposedly, teams are trying to get the Giants to send out money with Snell in a trade. Giants are not willing to do so.

Plenty of interest for Snell yet. Yanks, Pads, Orioles, Cubs, and at least two other teams in on him. I'd guess Astros are in as well.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
supposedly, teams are trying to get the Giants to send out money with Snell in a trade. Giants are not willing to do so.

Plenty of interest for Snell yet. Yanks, Pads, Orioles, Cubs, and at least two other teams in on him. I'd guess Astros are in as well.
Pay to get a Big Return!!!!! It will only be one year of pain paying for a former player.

maxrandomness

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t agree with moving Snell
He should lead the rotation next year in a beautiful pitcher friendly ball park in an amazing city

Why does he want to live out of a suitcase year after year?
Make it so he wants to stay

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t agree with moving Snell
He should lead the rotation next year in a beautiful pitcher friendly ball park in an amazing city

Why does he want to live out of a suitcase year after year?
Make it so he wants to stay
Players who really like a team will re-sign with them after being traded (unless the team's FO burns bridges with prejudice in the process).