• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Trade Deadline

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean trading a beloved player as practically your first move in the org is not a good move?
Ok now I’m confused by your contradictory sarcasm lol. Pick a lane and clarify what you mean re FZ and Bumgarner

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok now I’m confused by your contradictory sarcasm lol. Pick a lane and clarify what you mean re FZ and Bumgarner
Sabes traded Matt Williams before he was even done wiping his feet as he entered the building.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabes traded Matt Williams before he was even done wiping his feet as he entered the building.
OK thanks, I don't remember all these details as well as you and some others here

In the end that turned out to be a decent trade though

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh...the famous "I'm not an idiot" trade.

Matty and Trent Hubbard to CLE for Jeff Kent, Julian Tavares, Jose Vizcaino and Joe Roa.

I think we can say that one worked out ok.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh...the famous "I'm not an idiot" trade.

Matty and Trent Hubbard to CLE for Jeff Kent, Julian Tavares, Jose Vizcaino and Joe Roa.

I think we can say that one worked out ok.
To be fair, FZ has a number of great trades to his ledger (Yaz and Wade, in particular). But they are all fringe trades. He doesn’t appear to have the stomach (or maybe the trust of the owners?) to be able to make the BIG trade that would piss people off (like the Williams trade).

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely would have opposed trading Bumgarner. You can't run a franchise like that.

FZ has made mistakes but I do not agree that is one of them
Agreed. If Bum wants to leave, you make a good deal for him, but if he wants to stay, he should get to stay. I’ve never seen someone do what he did on 2014.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FZ would have immediately lost his job if one of these trades occurred . . . right?

Calling to “check in” hardly counts as anything worth reporting, imho. And I didn’t notice any actual trades mentioned, so hard to have an opinion on if we should have made said trade or not.

However, imho, any trade with the doggies beyond a 6th inning reliever or a util2 should be completely off the table.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling to “check in” hardly counts as anything worth reporting, imho. And I didn’t notice any actual trades mentioned, so hard to have an opinion on if we should have made said trade or not.

However, imho, any trade with the doggies beyond a 6th inning reliever or a util2 should be completely off the table.
It just took me down the road on if FZ would have traded Snell to the Dodgers. Unless we got 8 of their Top 10 prospects in that trade, I would called foul (might have still but at least the farm would have been stocked).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just took me down the road on if FZ would have traded Snell to the Dodgers. Unless we got 8 of their Top 10 prospects in that trade, I would called foul (might have still but at least the farm would have been stocked).
In 57 years, the dogs have have won a grand total of ONE legit World Series. I want to keep that factoid intact as long as possible.

I have 2 favorite teams that I root for equally.

The Giants
Whomever is playing the doggies

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 57 years, the dogs have have won a grand total of ONE legit World Series. I want to keep that factoid intact as long as possible.

I have 2 favorite teams that I root for equally.

The Giants
Whomever is playing the doggies
Interesring ... when I was living in NY ... my two favoite teams were the Giants and whoever the NYY were playing ... hated the NYY back then ... still do ... but as most Giant fans ... they have been replaced by the doggies these days.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesring ... when I was living in NY ... my two favoite teams were the Giants and whoever the NYY were playing ... hated the NYY back then ... still do ... but as most Giant fans ... they have been replaced by the doggies these days.
I feel that way about NYY and loathe any idea of a Yankees-Dodgers World Series, which, interestingly, occurred the year I was born.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that way about NYY and loathe any idea of a Yankees-Dodgers World Series, which, interestingly, occurred the year I was born.
So .... adjusting to life in Tennessee yet. I'm guessing it isn't quite as easy as you hoped! I'm still adjusting to the move to Atlantic Canada. Still finding that some of the cultural differences are much more complicated than expected and the pace of things are really MUCH slower than ever imagined. Guess change is not always so easy ....

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So .... adjusting to life in Tennessee yet. I'm guessing it isn't quite as easy as you hoped! I'm still adjusting to the move to Atlantic Canada. Still finding that some of the cultural differences are much more complicated than expected and the pace of things are really MUCH slower than ever imagined. Guess change is not always so easy ....
I assumed it would not be easy or quick. I don’t like ticks or how often I have to cut the grass (or the ground wasps that surrounded me when weed whacking close to their burrow. At least they didn’t sting me). The hardest part has been away from what I’ve known for so long.
Trying to focus on what I do enjoy here helps. How things get easier for you

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How things get easier .... you actually found the answer ... focus on what you enjoy!!!!

Seems you are still dealing with 'new' things in nature. Ground wasps? Not sure what they are. The closest thing here would be yellow jackets. They build there nests in gound dwellings as well but they are super aggressive and they do sting.
I'm not a fan of anything in the wasp, hornet or bee family.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How things get easier .... you actually found the answer ... focus on what you enjoy!!!!

Seems you are still dealing with 'new' things in nature. Ground wasps? Not sure what they are. The closest thing here would be yellow jackets. They build there nests in gound dwellings as well but they are super aggressive and they do sting.
I'm not a fan of anything in the wasp, hornet or bee family.
I haven’t looked up their name but they looked more like a wasp than a yellow jacket. Glad they hovered as a warning first because I found about 4 or 5 of them around me and they were worked up.
There are a few different kinds of wasps, yellow jackets, etc around here. The funniest looking are what people here call wood bees. They are basically bumble bees who like wood and will hover in front of your face. Not sure what they do when they are upset but they seem pretty chill so far in my interactions with them (but also annoying).

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t looked up their name but they looked more like a wasp than a yellow jacket. Glad they hovered as a warning first because I found about 4 or 5 of them around me and they were worked up.
There are a few different kinds of wasps, yellow jackets, etc around here. The funniest looking are what people here call wood bees. They are basically bumble bees who like wood and will hover in front of your face. Not sure what they do when they are upset but they seem pretty chill so far in my interactions with them (but also annoying).
WOOD BEES ... not sure if they sre the same thing .... but they have some here called wood bees and they can actually drill a hole through your deck wood! Freaking amazing. They don't seem to sing. Just drill holes in wood. They are lretty big and noisy too

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOD BEES ... not sure if they sre the same thing .... but they have some here called wood bees and they can actually drill a hole through your deck wood! Freaking amazing. They don't seem to sing. Just drill holes in wood. They are lretty big and noisy too
Could be the same thing.