• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Utah and Houston are discussing a Ty Lawson for Trey Burke deal

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be true.
According to @WiggyRuss , Love isn't going anywhere...

But, on the other hand, he always trusts NBA as being accurate.

To me, nothing would be funnier than if Love is traded.

James better be careful though. If it does happen, it could seriously jeopardize his chances of him convincing others to join him moving forward.
Love isnt going anywhere--- but David Griffin himself said that absolutely no one is untouchable- in the whole NBA....its his job to listen....Love is not going anywhere unless Griffin gets an offer he simply cannot refuse- which if he wasnt willing to do that then he is negligent in his duties as GM.....its just not likely to happen.

that being said- its all but assured Love is going to be a Cav for a long time. A guy like Love signed for his contract at his money in this environment is amazing value- next year alone a guy like Barnes or Batum or others will probably get MORE.

Im trying to think of a deal that the Cavs would ACTUALLY be forced to seriously consider moving Love at this time and I cant think of a viable scenario. Let me think about it for a little bit.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Utah and Houston are discussing a Ty Lawson for Trey Burke deal
I think the Jazz want a veteran PG, but idk if Lawson will make them much better if better at all. His defense has looked bad this year and he's been worse than Burke on offense. Two teams fighting for one of the final playoff spots making a trade like this would be interesting.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs could get Anderson, Crowder, Marcus Smart, Brooklyn 1st rounder, and Tyler Zeller for Love, Mozgov, trade exception, Cavs 2018 first rounder I think they would have to seriously consider it.....

If I was a Cavs fan, I'd be begging for this to happen.
There is no downside.
All the players the Cavs would be getting seem like they would fit and have a mapped out role.
Not rehashing my Love opinion again. You know what it is.

Put it this way, IMO, it gives you a much better match up with the Warriors, and if you're thinking championship this year, then that's how you have to plan.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs could get Anderson, Crowder, Marcus Smart, Brooklyn 1st rounder, and Tyler Zeller for Love, Mozgov, trade exception, Cavs 2018 first rounder I think they would have to seriously consider it.....

That would be interesting, but I can't imagine them getting a pick as the primary asset. They need to win today. That package won't do enough to make that happen. It would cripple the Celtics' rebuilding efforts also.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no downside.
All the players the Cavs would be getting seem like they would fit and have a mapped out role.

Put it this way, IMO, it gives you a much better match up with the Warriors, and if you're thinking championship this year, then that's how you have to plan.

I don't think so. They said they would need a star to move Love. That is an impressive collection of assets, but far too rich a price for Boston to pay, and I am not sure it makes the Cavs better today.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be interesting, but I can't imagine them getting a pick as the primary asset. They need to win today. That package won't do enough to make that happen. It would cripple the Celtics' rebuilding efforts also.

I agree it hurts Celtics, but me and Wiggy were talking Cavs.

Don't the picks cancel each other out?
The centers cancel each other out.
I think the other combination of named players is an upgrade.
Cavs don't need another 'star'.
It worked for the Heat because Bosh was perfect for the role.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no downside.

if they could get THAT package I would consider it...

first- MArcus Smart is already a very good defensive guard and he has potential to be a great one- hes on his rookie contract and is cheap. Getting a good young defensive guard is just the thing to try and start matchug up with GSW or SAS

second- Jae Crowder would be awesome on the Cavs in that role as a defender, athlete, finisher....he is like the absolute PERFECT backup for LeBron and could play the 3 and let LEBron move to the 4 at times.....a lineup of Kyrie, JR, Crowder, Bron, Thompson would be nasty

third- Ryan Anderson would give the Cavs a stretch 4- while he is no where near the player Love is- he can space the floor which is obviously a big need. Anderson would RAIN with LeBron and KI collapsing

4th- The Brooklyn Pick.....at this point? Keep it till the summer and use it as your primary chip to make an adjustment during the summer....he could probably get a mighty good veteran player with a trade exception and a top 6 pick.

One of the golden rules of the NBA is that 4 quarters does not equal a dollar. But if the Cavs could get an overwhelming package like that they would have to consider it. No one in the NBA is 100% untouchable.

all this being said...theres a 99% chance Love is a Cav for a good long time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics would STILL have 2 first rounders this year- Theirs and Dallas'....not too mention I put Smart in instead of Bradley - so they still have their very solid back court in Thomas and Bradley...they would still have Olynk, and of course would finally have a guy to build their offense around with star power in Love.

That being said- i dont see Boston offering that much- I can see them offering a LOT---- but the Brooklyn pick would probably be the stumbling block- i would think the Cavs would insist on it, and the Celtics would insist on not having it in

Crowder and Smart or Bradley - plus Anderson from the Pelicans is the absolute STARTING point...im sure they would want 1 of those 3 first rounders and try and insist on the brooklyn pick

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont want the Cavs to blow up this team at all though...i want them to give it a shot under Lue and see what they can do when they have all their big guns.......i cant wait for the second half to start

i really have to say its very dissapointing that Bosh is having these issues. I REALLY wanted to finally see a Cavs/Heat series- of course because i think the Cavs will win- but it would have just been amazingly fascintating TV...if somehow the Heat got a lead or two I would have loved to see how LeBron responded- if he tightened up....I would have loved to see Kyrie try and make a statement with all these over 30 stars on the floor....i dunno...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it hurts Celtics, but me and Wiggy were talking Cavs.

Don't the picks cancel each other out?
The centers cancel each other out.
I think the other combination of named players is an upgrade.
Cavs don't need another 'star'.
It worked for the Heat because Bosh was perfect for the role.

Do the picks cancel out? Cmon now.

We are talking top 6 unprotected this season, for a future pick belonging to a team likely to still have LeBron James.

The Cavs 2018 first round pick is not worth much at all, where the Nets pick is a premium asset.

I agree the Cavs don't need another star, but i do find it ironic that Love always gets thrown under the bus while Kyrie skates. Kyrie and LeBron do not fit very well. LeBron needs the ball and Irving is a ball stopper.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kyrie's natural role is always going to be that of a scorer. Kind of comes with the territory when you have the tools that he does.

Kyrie doesn't really need to facilitate, he needs to just make smart decisions with the ball. He could be in the mold of a Curry or a Westbrook, who use their own offense to make others around them better. What he will have to learn is that some games he may need 35, others maybe 18. As long as he's willing to accept that type of role, he won't need to really create for others because of the play making skills of both Love and Lebron. IMO.
Good points, and I can agree that is the smart approach.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the picks cancel out? Cmon now.

We are talking top 6 unprotected this season, for a future pick belonging to a team likely to still have LeBron James.

The Cavs 2018 first round pick is not worth much at all, where the Nets pick is a premium asset.

I agree the Cavs don't need another star, but i do find it ironic that Love always gets thrown under the bus while Kyrie skates. Kyrie and LeBron do not fit very well. LeBron needs the ball and Irving is a ball stopper.

Ok.
They don't cancel each other out, but neither is winning a ring for the Cavs this season, and that's really all this is about.

As far as Kyrie,Love...Ill go with the growth and upside of Kyrie any day of the week if he can stay healthy.

LeBron seems to trust Kyrie taking big shots, and that's probably a good thing based on how James' outside shooting has been in a steady decline.

You guys hit the nail on the head before.
James needs to focus on being a dominant post player.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.
They don't cancel each other out, but neither is winning a ring for the Cavs this season, and that's really all this is about.

As far as Kyrie,Love...Ill go with the growth and upside of Kyrie any day of the week if he can stay healthy.

LeBron seems to trust Kyrie taking big shots, and that's probably a good thing based on how James' outside shooting has been in a steady decline.

You guys hit the nail on the head before.
James needs to focus on being a dominant post player.

I think the other thing here is that As great as LeBron is, he is also a terrible judge of talent. He likes playing with Kyrie because Kyrie is a great ISO scorer. What LeBron fails to realize is that he does not need to play with another ISO scorer. He needs shooters and defenders.

The package of players above is precisely that, but I think the team would be much better off today if they dealt Kyrie for a similar type of package. This would never happen, but again, I think Love's game would mesh with LeBron's if Kyrie were not around.

Now, the Celtics don't need Kyrie and the Cavs would not trade him, so the deal would have to be with somebody else. Still, I think they seem to be panicking a bit, and frankly, I am not sure I blame them.