• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons vs Seahawks score predictions

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really....the pats fan is doing what he does best and the bear is all to glad to be poked
Yep, but if I'm a Seattle fan I'm saying OK it was a missed call and we won. Argument over. The funny part is OldTimer who has dug his NO PI shoes in the deepest is a Rams fan.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Julio had only ran down the field 10 or 15 yards instead of 50 to 60 yards I wonder if the refs might have been more inclined to throw the flag? I don't think refs like deciding games and giving someone a 60 yard penalty might be a bit harder than just a 10 or 15 yarder. Not that it should make a difference. A penalty is a penalty, but I bet psychologically some refs don't like giving those huge yardage penalties at the end of games.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the entire thread.
No I don't want all plays reviewed.
No I don't think all penalties are equal. Thus some get 5 yards while others get 15 or spot foul.
When the officials start calling ALL or even the majority of holding penalties get back to me.
It would be a great world if all pentalties were called regardless but that ain't happening.
Well "ALL" penalties should be called. Thanks for proving my point. If the refs don't call a PI in the 1st period, then why should they call it in the 4th quarter of a game?

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well "ALL" penalties should be called. Thanks for proving my point. If the refs don't call a PI in the 1st period, then why should they call it in the 4th quarter of a game?
Ok call ALL penalties. Are you happy now? Thanks for proving my point.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of like the last few seconds in a basketball game. If the guy with the ball isn't practically murdered they aren't going to get the foul called.

The game was close on the road against a very good Seahawks squad. The defense played better than I expected and I was shocked by how little Atlanta used their running backs in the passing game. Not being able to run the ball well wasn't exactly a surprise but it felt like they kind of forgot about their backfield. Only 1 pass to Coleman who has shown he is a legitimate weapon in the passing game and a mismatch against linebackers is leaving me scratching my head.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok call ALL penalties. Are you happy now? Thanks for proving my point.
Good, then the refs shouldn't have called Sherman for a penalty for PI, because the refs didn't call PI for the first three quarters, right?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, then the refs shouldn't have called Sherman for a penalty for PI, because the refs didn't call PI for the first three quarters, right?
Right. No penalty should ever have been called because there was a missed call in the very first NFL game. Nice reasoning.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ryan chucks a desperation heave in a 2 point game on 4th & 10 into double coverage by what's probably 2 future HOF players and we are saying the Falcons were robbed by a non-call? I'm not saying it wasn't PI...but that's the NFL some of you guys want -- the end of close games between top teams being influenced by bail-out penalties?

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously the last play will be remembered most because it ended the game. That's just how it is.

However, here's another game changing NO PI call on a deep pass to Kearse (sorry about the crappy quality btw but it was the only pic I could find) in which Seattle ended up with 0 points on that drive.

My only point is it went both ways, not just one. This is as blatent a PI as the one Sherman had that wasn't called. The refs let them play, pure and simple.

upload_2016-10-17_16-9-34.png

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. No penalty should ever have been called because there was a missed call in the very first NFL game. Nice reasoning.
Come on NWPATSFAN, if the refs didn't call the PI in the first, second or third period, then they are not going to call it on Atlanta's last play of the game.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the last play will be remembered most because it ended the game. That's just how it is.

However, here's another game changing NO PI call on a deep pass to Kearse (sorry about the crappy quality btw but it was the only pic I could find) in which Seattle ended up with 0 points on that drive.

My only point is it went both ways, not just one. This is as blatent a PI as the one Sherman had that wasn't called. The refs let them play, pure and simple.

View attachment 149857
I have been saying this all day Long.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Julio had only ran down the field 10 or 15 yards instead of 50 to 60 yards I wonder if the refs might have been more inclined to throw the flag? I don't think refs like deciding games and giving someone a 60 yard penalty might be a bit harder than just a 10 or 15 yarder. Not that it should make a difference. A penalty is a penalty, but I bet psychologically some refs don't like giving those huge yardage penalties at the end of games.
Or if on the coverage it would've been Jeremy Lane & Kelcie McCray instead of Sherman & ET. I'm generally in favor of the notion that rules are pointless if not enforced, but in this situation I think the refs non-call was for the greater good. As a fan of the league, the last thing I want is to reinforce the behavior of whining for a PI after every incompletion and/or promoting the "chuck it up and hope for a flag" strategy at the end of games.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on NWPATSFAN, if the refs didn't call the PI in the first, second or third period, then they are not going to call it on Atlanta's last play of the game.
Atlanta did have a DPI called against them in this game. This other one was not as clear cut as the poster wants to make it out to be. First the ball is likely uncatchable which is subjective. RW overthrew him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or if on the coverage it would've been Jeremy Lane & Kelcie McCray instead of Sherman & ET. I'm generally in favor of the notion that rules are pointless if not enforced, but in this situation I think the refs non-call was for the greater good. As a fan of the league, the last thing I want is to reinforce the behavior of whining for a PI after every incompletion and/or promoting the "chuck it up and hope for a flag" strategy at the end of games.
As a fan I don't want to see that either. But where is the line drawn? What amount of PI should or shouldn't be called late in the game. How about defenders just play D and don't intefere? If they intefere then it's on them. The defender shouldn't be rewarded because it's late in the game. A hail Mary or chuck and duck is part of the game. Similiar to a half court heave in BB to end a game. Should they allow the shooter to get hacked because the chance of making the shot is low?

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of sounding very homerish, good luck with this Sunday. Where is the weakness in Seattle's D?

Turns out the loud mouthed Richard Sherman was the weak link.
His last f---up should have won Atlanta the game, if the homer refs had called the obvious interference against Julio.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan I don't want to see that either. But where is the line drawn? What amount of PI should or shouldn't be called late in the game. How about defenders just play D and don't intefere? If they intefere then it's on them. The defender shouldn't be rewarded because it's late in the game. A hail Mary or chuck and duck is part of the game. Similiar to a half court heave in BB to end a game. Should they allow the shooter to get hacked because the chance of making the shot is low?
Your hatred of Seattle here is pretty well documented. I wonder how much problem you would have with this non-call if the teams were switched.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's a 20 yard route it's for sure a PI imo. Refs rarely call PI on a jump ball even when it's blatant. It really was smart by Sherman. He knows they aren't likely to call it and if he doesn't do it it's a catch.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your hatred of Seattle here is pretty well documented. I wonder how much problem you would have with this non-call if the teams were switched.
It would be exactly the same. But there would likely be a lot less fans defending their position. I see you chose to deflect rather than answer any of the questions I posed? I don't see any bias in those questions. But then again it doesn't favor the Seahawk fans opinion or the aggressive style of their defensive play. You're right they should allow Sherman to tackle him. No PI because it's too far down the field:doh:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you told me 2 weeks ago Atlanta goes 1-1 at Denver and at Seattle if,take it so I'm good. The only real bummer is that with it being a NGC game it basically gives Seattle the tiebreaker over us in the event we end up with the same record. That could be the difference between playing a WC game or not OR having to go on the road as opposed to a home game. That said Atlanta made it through the toughest part of their schedule at 4-2 and has 6 home games left with some winnable road games so 11 or 12 wins is certainly realistic

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be exactly the same. But there would likely be a lot less fans defending their position. I see you chose to deflect rather than answer any of the questions I posed? I don't see any bias in those questions. But then again it doesn't favor the Seahawk fans opinion or the aggressive style of their defensive play. You're right they should allow Sherman to tackle him. No PI because it's too far down the field:doh:
Well some or most of your questions were rhetorical so let's not act like I have some big responsibility to answer that. But yeah, go the hyperbole route and imply I think Sherman should be allowed to tackle the receiver. That's exactly what I said....