• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Falcons vs Seahawks score predictions

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jones makes the catch, are you guys calling for a rule change due to Jones missed hands to face flag?

Somehow, I doubt it.

No.

I think the line in the sand has to be on a called play only. You can't start inventing or adding or hoping.

But if one was called and it shouldn't have been, then so be it.

And in this case one wasn't called so it wouldn't fit my qualifications.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The intent of the NFL is to get calls non-calls correct. Not holding on the line, or someone wearing the wrong colored cleats.
These plays are game deciding calls/non calls. They should be reviewed. There is incidental contact which shouldn't be reversed. But PI like last nights would likely get overturned and rightly so. Not because it was against the Hawks, but because it's the right thing to do.
Are you saying that a holing penalty is not as serious as a PI penalty? Both should be called regardless. Do you really want "all" plays to be reviewed?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying that a holing penalty is not as serious as a PI penalty? Both should be called regardless. Do you really want "all" plays to be reviewed?

If Seattle held at the line, and it went uncalled on a "game deciding play" in a game that they won, you bet your ass that NW would be singing a different tune.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the entire thread.
No I don't want all plays reviewed.
No I don't think all penalties are equal. Thus some get 5 yards while others get 15 or spot foul.
When the officials start calling ALL or even the majority of holding penalties get back to me.
It would be a great world if all pentalties were called regardless but that ain't happening.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the entire thread.
No I don't want all plays reviewed.
No I don't think all penalties are equal. Thus some get 5 yards while others get 15 or spot foul.
When the officials start calling ALL or even the majority of holding penalties get back to me.
It would be a great world if all pentalties were called regardless but that ain't happening.

Football would be unwatchable if all penalties were called.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok for all the overly dramatic Hawk fans. I've heard it called a punch. I've heard it called smacked upside the head...I've watched that play over and over again from the one angle I have. JJ jukes Sherman inside which gets Sherman off balance. Shermans body lowers as he tries to regain, Sherman throws an arm out to slow JJ. JJ pushes Sherman away. I can't see if JJ actually made contact with the head? It's certainly not blatant and not in line with the intent of the rule. So amazing most Hawk fans can see a punch (maybe they have other angles). But so many say the LJ running down the sideline with Dan Quinn couldn't see JJs arm being held. Or many Hawk fans originally saying it wasn't PI. Good to see some have changed their mind or were willing to admit it was PI from the start.

Again this call non-call shouldn't be the deciding factor in a game.

It doesn't matter what it's called, it it what it is, Julio smacked, slapped, pushed, shamboozled, impacted, punched, Shermans face mask... lol ... It was clear as day and Sherman was playing catch-up the rest of the play... And your right it was a PI from the start, offensive PI ... At the end of the play it was a defensive PI, both could have been called but neither were...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But that's what happens when posters want to raise things to hysterical levels.
However, if all penalties were called, players would stop getting penalties.
Now I'm not advocating this but just like when the NFL makes changes, players adapt even when we think there is no way.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what it's called, it it what it is, Julio smacked, slapped, pushed, shamboozled, impacted, punched, Shermans face mask... lol ... It was clear as day and Sherman was playing catch-up the rest of the play... And your right it was a PI from the start, offensive PI ... At the end of the play it was a defensive PI, both could have been called but neither were...
Again without seeing a different angle IHMO it's offsetting at best. JJ jukes Sherm with his first move, Sherm puts an arm out impeding JJ, JJ slaps, punches, pushes... to get around him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The intent of the NFL is to get calls non-calls correct. Not holding on the line, or someone wearing the wrong colored cleats.
These plays are game deciding calls/non calls. They should be reviewed. There is incidental contact which shouldn't be reversed. But PI like last nights would likely get overturned and rightly so. Not because it was against the Hawks, but because it's the right thing to do.

I agree the NFL should be interested in getting the correct calls on all plays throughout the game, but especially calls that have potential to alter the outcome. I feel confident the call in the ATL/SEA game involving Julio & Sherman would’ve resulted in a PI call if they were able to review it. The reason I said we probably would not see a ton of reversals is because of the subjective nature of PI, and not every call is as clear as that call was. Kind of like challenges on where the ball is spotted…you rarely see those calls changed.

At the same time, the NFL owners have an obligation to their TV network partners to complete the games within the allotted time. Any process that threatens to add addition time to the telecast are probably viewed in a negative light even if that process is to get more accurate calls during the game.

The bottomline, is the NFL is not going to take the human element out of the game if they think it will add any time to the broadcast.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the NFL should be interested in getting the correct calls on all plays throughout the game, but especially calls that have potential to alter the outcome. I feel confident the call in the ATL/SEA game involving Julio & Sherman would’ve resulted in a PI call if they were able to review it. The reason I said we probably would not see a ton of reversals is because of the subjective nature of PI, and not every call is as clear as that call was. Kind of like challenges on where the ball is spotted…you rarely see those calls changed.

At the same time, the NFL owners have an obligation to their TV network partners to complete the games within the allotted time. Any process that threatens to add addition time to the telecast are probably viewed in a negative light even if that process is to get more accurate calls during the game.

The bottomline, is the NFL is not going to take the human element out of the game if they think it will add any time to the broadcast.
I can save them a lot of time. However, it wouldn't sell the game to uneducated football fans. Just let the officials signal the call. No need for a 10 minute Ed Hercules diatribe on what happened.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can save them a lot of time. However, it wouldn't sell the game to uneducated football fans. Just let the officials signal the call. No need for a 10 minute Ed Hercules diatribe on what happened.

There are several areas where I think the game can be sped up to allow for more challenges in the last 2 mins of the game and keep them on their 3 hr TV slot...but they're not asking us.

One thing that happens but not enough is for other officials that had a better angle/view etc to come in and make a call or override a guy that may have been blocked out.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But that's what happens when posters want to raise things to hysterical levels.
However, if all penalties were called, players would stop getting penalties.
Now I'm not advocating this but just like when the NFL makes changes, players adapt even when we think there is no way.

Players will never stop getting penalties. It's just not in the nature of the game. Most penalties aren't unintentional, but they're inevitable in a sport that's half game - half fistfight. Players adapt to new rules, but new rules just mean different types and often more penalties.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every rules violation that was material to a play should be called at all times. If the rule is so bad that it gets called too much and slows up the game then change the rule. The only area where people should accept judgement calls is penalties that are not material to the outcome of the play. It really is that simple. No need to stop the game or ticky tack shit late in a game if that penalty has no impact on that actual play.

If the league could just stick to that I think everyone would be happy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players will never stop getting penalties. It's just not in the nature of the game. Most penalties aren't unintentional, but they're inevitable in a sport that's half game - half fistfight. Players adapt to new rules, but new rules just mean different types and often more penalties.
Again I'm not advocating this. But most of us agree that there is holding on every play? If the NFL makes that a point of emphasis there will be a lot less holding. Players want to play. They will use every advantage they can gain. Until you take that away from them. So sure there will always be penalties but the NFL could curb the amount if they so choose.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't this be a dead argument? It was a missed call on a pass interference but calls are missed all the time. It's not like it was the only missed call.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't this be a dead argument? It was a missed call on a pass interference but calls are missed all the time. It's not like it was the only missed call.
not really....the pats fan is doing what he does best and the bear is all to glad to be poked

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I'm not advocating this. But most of us agree that there is holding on every play? If the NFL makes that a point of emphasis there will be a lot less holding. Players want to play. They will use every advantage they can gain. Until you take that away from them. So sure there will always be penalties but the NFL could curb the amount if they so choose.

The NFLs points of emphasis are largely agenda driven.. That's why offensive holding goes uncalled so often. Call holding every play and people are not only going to turn off the tv out of boredom, it puts their golden geese (franchise QBs) at increased risk. The only way to reduce penalties is to shrink the rule book. But I read somewhere the other day that the book has grown 10x in the past 15 years. Penalties are not the problem, overofficiating and Monday morning refs are.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they had more holding calls that might lower the number of holds but that would likely lead to more injured QBs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFLs points of emphasis are largely agenda driven.. That's why offensive holding goes uncalled so often. Call holding every play and people are not only going to turn off the tv out of boredom, it puts their golden geese (franchise QBs) at increased risk. The only way to reduce penalties is to shrink the rule book. But I read somewhere the other day that the book has grown 10x in the past 15 years. Penalties are not the problem, overofficiating and Monday morning refs are.
I chose holding because it seems to be the one brought up most. But we could pick any rule. I agree on the safety aspect but it's waaaay tooooo subjective. When does it get cold and when doesn't it? Who gets called a PS player or a Pro Bowl player? It is what it is.