• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Bird Match, Falcons @ Eagles 8:15PM EST, Week 2 MNF

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna second guess that call by itself too much. Too easy to say it was wrong based on it not working but the play was there, just didn't execute. I do wonder a little bit about that not being 4 down territory thinking though. That whole sequence was kinda weird. The FG really doesn't serve much of a purpose there other than to make Atlanta more aggressive. Even if the Eagles don't get the first and run out the clock, the Falcons are starting deep with 30 something or whatever seconds and thinking FG to tie as opposed to 1:40 ish and starting from the 30. Of course, it comes down to execution so we can second guess all day but with the struggles the Eagles D is having with the pass rush, kinda have to think about giving them the advantage of field position and limited clock. Just a thought here. Not gonna pretend that I know all that much.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, gotta give Cousins and Atlanta some props for getting the job done in clutch time too but they did leave enough time on the clock for Philly to get into FG range so not really sure why Hurts tried to force that ball. A little deja vu from last year there when they played Seattle. Tough loss for sure but still early and lots of games to play.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a much bigger issue with hurts decision to force that ball to Smith on that int than I have on the eagles decision to pass on 3rd and short to try and win the game
Yep. That’s first down. Throw the ball away.

My big missed decision of the night was the 4th and 3 in the first quarter. Not the time or the place. The play call itself left much to be desired as well.

If the Eagles take their points there. Game script is incredibly different.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, gotta give Cousins and Atlanta some props for getting the job done in clutch time too but they did leave enough time on the clock for Philly to get into FG range so not really sure why Hurts tried to force that ball. A little deja vu from last year there when they played Seattle. Tough loss for sure but still early and lots of games to play.
The Eagles lost 3 games last year when they led at the 2 minute warning and they lost their first one of the season last night. It’s beyond problematic at this point and definitely an issue for them going forward.

Many different variables in how those games went south but in every case the constant was the lack of a pass rush.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna second guess that call by itself too much. Too easy to say it was wrong based on it not working but the play was there, just didn't execute. I do wonder a little bit about that not being 4 down territory thinking though. That whole sequence was kinda weird. The FG really doesn't serve much of a purpose there other than to make Atlanta more aggressive. Even if the Eagles don't get the first and run out the clock, the Falcons are starting deep with 30 something or whatever seconds and thinking FG to tie as opposed to 1:40 ish and starting from the 30. Of course, it comes down to execution so we can second guess all day but with the struggles the Eagles D is having with the pass rush, kinda have to think about giving them the advantage of field position and limited clock. Just a thought here. Not gonna pretend that I know all that much.
This has come up a lot. A number of people think they should have gone for it on 4th down after missing the pass. What we've seen from Sirianni is very aggressive calls in certain situations and then some more conservative ones, and his critics say he's inconsistent.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot bigger problems in Philly than that decison to throw, there are arguments to be made both ways there. To me the most important thing for the 2024 Philadelphia Eagles is to find out if their QB is good enough to take them to a title. I think there are serious questions about that at this point, he is in a near perfect situation so he should have a great opportunity. Their inability to stop the run or get a stop late with zero pass rush is a big issue.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the right call. Barkley has to catch the ball. Can’t coach like a pussy. And the biggest gaping vagina says this shit after it doesn’t work out. The call isn’t why they lost. Barkley is why they lost.

Either way…Howie Roseman and his shitty pass rush, Hurts, and Sirianni are why they’re not going anywhere this year.
It was a nice, safe call that if properly executed wins you the game. No idea how you can blame a coach for a player flat out dropping a gimme.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts has looked shaky passing. That cannot be sugar coated.

But I feel more optimistic about him than the pass rush. I see little hope for the pass rush. They will need to acknowledge several huge free agency and draft blunders and try some new players before the season is totally lost.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call, but being beaten like a dog is worse. That may be us next week!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's worse? Being beaten like a dog in Vicks backyard or having that nice Steak ripped from your plate after a month of starvation?
The real “loss” is the realization of what they are. They have the worst combination of issues in the NFL. 1) Non-existent pass rush 2) QB that can’t work through progressions and make plays from the pocket.

I was saying 9-8 on this board this off season. Not happy I’m right. Good to know early in the season this team isn’t worth the investment. I’ll watch but …this shit ain’t it haha.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real “loss” is the realization of what they are. They have the worst combination of issues in the NFL. 1) Non-existent pass rush 2) QB that can’t work through progressions and make plays from the pocket.

I was saying 9-8 on this board this off season. Not happy I’m right. Good to know early in the season this team isn’t worth the investment. I’ll watch but …this shit ain’t it haha.
I'll call that overreaction

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this may be right sadly, good prediction

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is overreacting to a sloppy night.i hate the eagles,but they,ll be fine.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is overreacting to a sloppy night.i hate the eagles,but they,ll be fine.

Agreed. And the Falcons should be pretty good this year. I had them pegged to win (or at least be in it until the end) the division. People love to hate on Cousins but he does make plays.... and the Falcons have a good receiver core, a top 3 RB, a decent OL. Their defense could use some more work but it's not awful...

The Eagles losing and right at the end is not a reason to start calling them a 9-8 team lol. Dallas looks horrible and the Commanders/Giants are unlikely to do anything.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the Eagles lost that game. Just run the ball on 3rd and 3, make the Falcons use their last timeout, and if you wind up with 4th and 2 or less, run it again.